Recently joined the forum, any first mod suggestions for Clio RS200?

RileysClioRS

Hello all! I'm a fresh newbie to the world of renault. My Liquid yellow Clio rs200 is my first car and I'm so proud to be able to say that. I saved for ages to buy this car as I loved the unique feel to renault and I didn't want to end up like every other P plater driving a golf GTI or Silvia. So far love the car and everything about it, defiantly loving the renault community to! I know you probably get this question allllot as with all forums but what would all you clio owners recommend as a go to first mod for a completely stock 2015 clio rs200? I've got a budget of around 1.5k to start myself off. 

Thank you for any replies sent through, I'm looking forward to working on the clio!

317A0763.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, RileysClioRS said:

Hello all! I'm a fresh newbie to the world of renault. My Liquid yellow Clio rs200 is my first car and I'm so proud to be able to say that. I saved for ages to buy this car as I loved the unique feel to renault and I didn't want to end up like every other P plater driving a golf GTI or Silvia. So far love the car and everything about it, defiantly loving the renault community to! I know you probably get this question allllot as with all forums but what would all you clio owners recommend as a go to first mod for a completely stock 2015 clio rs200? I've got a budget of around 1.5k to start myself off. 

Thank you for any replies sent through, I'm looking forward to working on the clio!

317A0763.jpg

Depends on what you want to do with the car - ? road ? track. 

The best thing any P plate driver can do though, is a defensive driving course followed by a high performance course. 

3 hours ago, slick said:

Depends on what you want to do with the car - ? road ? track. 

The best thing any P plate driver can do though, is a defensive driving course followed by a high performance course. 

More road driving. Just a fun weekend car that can also be a reliable daily👍

Just now, RileysClioRS said:

More road driving. Just a fun weekend car that can also be a reliable daily👍

OK - then, apart from the driving courses, some really good tyres. All of the RS models (mine is a Clio 182) are really well set up and, if you know how to drive, very fast standard.

3 minutes ago, slick said:

OK - then, apart from the driving courses, some really good tyres. All of the RS models (mine is a Clio 182) are really well set up and, if you know how to drive, very fast standard.

Sounds good. I'm on the standard 205/40/18 right now. Pirelli P zero. What tyres would you reccomoned? I've heard maxium I can go is 235 with the stock rs wheels?

Congrats and welcome to the world of RenaultSport Riley.

Wow what a sweet choice for your 1st vehicle. There will be lots of P platers out there very jealous I'm sure.

These cars are more then capable and as a mod with your budget I would just be making sure it has good tyres fitted. The RS chassis is only as good as quality rubber will allow. After that if you want it sounding nice the cheap mod of centre resonator delete and sports muffler would be my choice. 

Keep a bit of money in the kitty for a quality service schedule and being Sydney for you Reno Tech has a great following. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HomerRS said:

Congrats and welcome to the world of RenaultSport Riley.

Wow what a sweet choice for your 1st vehicle. There will be lots of P platers out there very jealous I'm sure.

These cars are more then capable and as a mod with your budget I would just be making sure it has good tyres fitted. The RS chassis is only as good as quality rubber will allow. After that if you want it sounding nice the cheap mod of centre resonator delete and sports muffler would be my choice. 

Keep a bit of money in the kitty for a quality service schedule and being Sydney for you Reno Tech has a great following. 

Thanks mate! Yeah it's been awesome so far and certainly no regrets joining the world of renault sport! I've heard about center res deletes as a go to first mod. How much of a difference does that make to the sound? And can I expect to be pulled over and fined for it if not careful? Also leaning towards the idea of getting some quality rubber, I've got p zeros right now. Any suggestions for some new rubber? Thanks

17 minutes ago, RileysClioRS said:

Sounds good. I'm on the standard 205/40/18 right now. Pirelli P zero. What tyres would you reccomoned? I've heard maxium I can go is 235 with the stock rs wheels?

For high performance road tyres - the Pirellis you have, Bridgestone RE003, Michelin PS4. For extreme high performance - Yokohama AD08R, Hankook RS3/4, Bridgestone RE71R.

STay with the standard fitment size - RenaultSPort have done lots of miles testing and they have set the car up to run on 205s - changing size could be detrimental to handling.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, slick said:

For high performance road tyres - the Pirellis you have, Bridgestone RE003, Michelin PS4. For extreme high performance - Yokohama AD08R, Hankook RS3/4, Bridgestone RE71R.

STay with the standard fitment size - RenaultSPort have done lots of miles testing and they have set the car up to run on 205s - changing size could be detrimental to handling.

Thanks, will take that into consideration. The 205s have an uncomfortable stretch to them that certainly pokes at my anxiety😂 that's why my first consideration in terms of mods was some beefy tyres for the road.

21 minutes ago, RileysClioRS said:

Thanks, will take that into consideration. The 205s have an uncomfortable stretch to them that certainly pokes at my anxiety😂 that's why my first consideration in terms of mods was some beefy tyres for the road.

Not sure what you mean by 'uncomfortable stretch to them'.  Europeans tend to put smaller section tyres on rims than Ozzy/Yanks do - primarily because European cars have suspensions that work !!!!

5 minutes ago, slick said:

Not sure what you mean by 'uncomfortable stretch to them'.  Europeans tend to put smaller section tyres on rims than Ozzy/Yanks do - primarily because European cars have suspensions that work !!!!

Haha agreed. Suppose I'm just not used to having a car with such a stretch. Only other European car I've been exposed to in my family of car enthusiasts is an Audi wagon and that had 15k worth of gearbox problems, yikes!

3 hours ago, RileysClioRS said:

What would this be preventing exactly? 

The larger diameter short plastic pipe that joins the throttle body tends to burst at the LH  side over time. Doesn't always happen though. Probably depends on how hard you drive the car or if you use it on the track. Some here have used zip ties as a temporary repair til they replace it with the same type or the stronger one mentioned here.

You can buy it seperately to the other piping in the link if you wish.

Mine never burst in 4 years of ownership but I did not drive the car hard..😊

Edited by chris043

37 minutes ago, chris043 said:

The larger diameter short plastic pipe that joins the throttle body tends to burst at the LH  side over time. Doesn't always happen though. Probably depends on how hard you drive the car or if you use it on the track. Some here have used zip ties as a temporary repair til they replace it with the same type or the stronger one mentioned here.

You can buy it seperately to the other piping in the link if you wish.

Mine never burst in 4 years of ownership but I did not drive the car hard..😊

Ah I see. Definitely will look into that, thanks heaps!

• Like 1

Maximum you can go to without rubbing is 225/40 18, not the 235/40 you mentioned.

The handling doesn't alter to unusable, if anything it provides a better compromise as a daily driver with some additional suppleness and the "stretch" is removed from the rim.
Also, the cost is greatly reduced.

I have pirelli p zeros at the moment in the 225/40 18 and they performed quite well on the skid pan recently and didn't scrub the edges off as expected.

And +1 here for driver training as the driver is always the biggest hurdle with a cars performance.
There's plenty of fun stuff to be had out there off the street that will improve your skills, get the maximum out of your car and allow you to keep your licence when you're on it [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1