Deposit down...about to own first Megane RS!!!

MikeSK

Hey all, 

I am pretty damn excited! Just put deposit down on a Diamond Black 2014 Megane RS Cup Premium with only 25,000kms! Checked it out and test drove it yesterday and it was mint so a deal was done! I live on the GC but it is out at Toowoomba. Just gotta wait for banks to open so deal can be finalised and I will go get it! 

it is overdue for timing belt change due to not being done and supposed to be done every 4yrs ( Or 100,000kms) but hasn’t. Any recommendations for where to get it done in the GC? Or Bris? 

This is the realisation of a 3 year old dream... I have wanted a Megane RS But have put off for family and responsible reasons but the time has come... well nearly 😬

Mike

25F30A34-9C3F-4321-B968-96A8A40D34EA.png

• Like 9

2 hours ago, lachlan8 said:

Sounds beaut mate, love that mode myself! Did he swap the speedline wheels off it or they come with it too?

Cheers mate! Not sure about the wheels. I will have to ask him! 

1 hour ago, woosh said:

Was eyeing this one off! Great price for KMs and spec!

Yeah I checked out pretty much every 265 and couple 250s in SEQ. Came down to An RB8 and this. This won the day due to lower kms and the speakers have been upgraded ;). Will miss out on the bi-xenons tho :/.

will have to see what I can find on here Re upgrading the candles! Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chuckovski said:
3 hours ago, lachlan8 said:
Sounds beaut mate, love that mode myself! Did he swap the speedline wheels off it or they come with it too?

I'm pretty sure the 2014 cup premium 265 came with the steeves, and it wasn't until the premium became the 275 that they came with speedlines

Ah my bad! I actually keep forgetting there is a 265 cup premium. Very few out there! Cool car 

2 hours ago, MikeSK said:

Yeah I checked out pretty much every 265 and couple 250s in SEQ. Came down to An RB8 and this. This won the day due to lower kms and the speakers have been upgraded ;). Will miss out on the bi-xenons tho :/.

will have to see what I can find on here Re upgrading the candles! Lol

Worth the drive out there hey haha.

Re timing belt, there's a thread on here from last year or before listing some reputable Brisbane companies and their pricing. Will dig it up

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, woosh said:

Worth the drive out there hey haha.

Re timing belt, there's a thread on here from last year or before listing some reputable Brisbane companies and their pricing. Will dig it up

Yeah I have had a search through the forum and found some info. But was looking more at schedule and costs (to neg with) so wasn’t noting where to get done at time. 

Congrat !

I brought my RS265 (2015) last year, instantly booked she in for a major service plus the timing belt done, just for the peace of mind. Cost me 1700 in total, no complain.

As for the headlight, got to upgrade it to a LED set, otherwise the standard halogen is really bad.......

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Ambrose said:

Congrat !

I brought my RS265 (2015) last year, instantly booked she in for a major service plus the timing belt done, just for the peace of mind. Cost me 1700 in total, no complain.

As for the headlight, got to upgrade it to a LED set, otherwise the standard halogen is really bad.......

What was the damage for the led upgrade? 

21 hours ago, Ambrose said:

Congrat !

Oh and where did you go for timing belt and major service? 

On 12/05/2020 at 3:51 PM, MikeSK said:

I am in Melbourne, we have a few well known mechanics here, I always go to Alpine Affiars, which is highly recommended by others as well.

On 12/05/2020 at 2:13 PM, MikeSK said:

What was the damage for the led upgrade? 

Paid $35 for my last pair, heard nothing but good things about nighteye/Novsight, just brought another set (with Ebay promotional code for $27) and about to install them this Friday.

On 12/05/2020 at 3:51 PM, MikeSK said:

Also, FYI, I paid $1700 for a timing belt + accessories belt  change (waterpump in good shape at 60000KM, so still keeping the original), plus a major service (the usual plus all other filter and spark plugs).

• Thanks 2

On 19/05/2020 at 9:00 PM, Ambrose said:

Paid $35 for my last pair, heard nothing but good things about nighteye/Novsight, just brought another set (with Ebay promotional code for $27) and about to install them this Friday.

How did you go with the new headlights?

• 2 weeks later...
Also, FYI, I paid $1700 for a timing belt + accessories belt  change (waterpump in good shape at 60000KM, so still keeping the original), plus a major service (the usual plus all other filter and spark plugs).

Is that the timing belt change and major service for a total of 1700?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 25/05/2020 at 7:20 PM, MikeSK said:

How did you go with the new headlights?

Hey, sorry for the late reply, had it finally installed last week, only because my first set of LED gone (half ............. one side of both left and right LED bulbs gone amost the same day leaving me just limited light)

So, attached picture is the light i brought this year.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nighteye-NOVSIGHT-H7-72W-9000LM-LED-Headlight-Bulbs-White-Replace-Halogen-Xenon/402221660506?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Nighteye/NOVSIGHT H7 72W 9000LM (I doubt the light output .......... or may be its because of the aweful projector they put in the post face lift Megane 3)
PRO: Cheaper than my last set, better light on close range (especially around the 10 meters range cloest to the car)

CON: it doesn't project far enough for my like......and you can tell at the right hand bottom there is a spot missing (bulb not turnable and adjustable liek newer version)
I can't comment on how long they will last yet, my usual travel time invovle headlight is around 2 hours per day, 5 days a week.

FYI, my last set is this:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1Pair-CREE-H7-9000LM-LED-Headlight-KIT-Xenon-White-Beam-Replace-Halogen-Globe/392790130902?hash=item5b741dc0d6:g:w3EAAOSw6j9es6Fs

PRO: better light range

CON: only lasted a year

I somehow is seriously considering move back to HID ..........

thumbnail_IMG_20200603_063654.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200603_063711.jpg

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Goatman said:

Thanks! That’s a very decent price!

Indeed, when I first called them after I purchased the car (previous owner only service on minimal terms with Renault's "crap price service", so I know I must replace everything as much as I can), I was shocked the cost is no more than most other so called "economical car to own".

wish I had discover them earlier, then my wife good old Citroen C4 wouldn't have die in vain.

Wish the aftermarket bixenons were a practical option! 

Stay tuned. I’ve just picked up my bixenon light project again. I loathe the Megane lights.

All my mounts etc are designed and ready, just need a weekend to throw it at the car.
Requires opening the headlight but that is super easy.

• Like 3