Does res delete void warranty?

BlackClioRs

Contact Renault Australia and get it in writing.
That's the only reasonable way to know, no one on here can tell you anything outside of anecdotes.
I don't think they'll ever give you anything in writing about that. Best you'll get is what I wrote, which is what I was told when I enquired both through the central phone number and the dealer. Same message as with other brands. Though I notice with Honda they say any modification voids warranty. Another reason not to buy a type R, as I really wanted more out of the exhaust.

4 hours ago, chuckovski said:
5 hours ago, smy0003 said:
Contact Renault Australia and get it in writing.
That's the only reasonable way to know, no one on here can tell you anything outside of anecdotes.

I don't think they'll ever give you anything in writing about that. Best you'll get is what I wrote, which is what I was told when I enquired both through the central phone number and the dealer. Same message as with other brands. Though I notice with Honda they say any modification voids warranty. Another reason not to buy a type R, as I really wanted more out of the exhaust.

Bought my Demo 265 from Hiltons on the Central Coast. They had an exhaust shop fit a 3" soft steel pipe straight thru from the flex joint to an oval rear muffler. Only complaint I have is it wasn't in stainless. Sounds great, although I had to change the rear section 18 months ago, and did it in stainless.

Always had the car serviced there until warranty finished and made them aware that I was doing track days.

Never had a problem, but I think they would have trouble proving an exhaust caused a wheel to come off or the brakes to fail. 😁😏 

Hi Mate, 

doesn’t void the warranty but I’d suggest get a High Flow Cat and a Res Delete. The res delete doesn’t really make a difference (just a personal view). I’m a red p plater as well and sounds normal in normal mode. And when in RS sounds great with few burbles and pops just the only downside is their can be a bit of drone on the highway but I love the sound of the car so doesn’t bother me one bit. 

I got my high flow cat and res delete at Budget Exhausts Condell Park pretty sure it was $650-550 cant remember off the top of my head, but well worth it.

Here's an idea. Be a 'boss', get a decat and delete the resonator. 'Be a man'     [emoji4]

...of course, as a “boss”, the resulting fine and defect will present no problem at all [emoji849]
  • Like 2

I have yet to meet one person who has been defected for either the resonator delete or a decat on a renault or any car. Ever!!!! All I hear is 'my cousins brothers neighbours best friends ex got a defect, but not sure what for' people get defects for failing the attitude test, not because cops know what a cat is, where it is or know what it does. Still haven't heard why it's a terrible idea.... 

3 hours ago, LE24JA said:

I have yet to meet one person who has been defected for either the resonator delete or a decat on a renault or any car. Ever!!!! All I hear is 'my cousins brothers neighbours best friends ex got a defect, but not sure what for' people get defects for failing the attitude test, not because cops know what a cat is, where it is or know what it does. Still haven't heard why it's a terrible idea.... 

Because they keep a lot of nasty stuff out of the air we breathe, namely NOx which is not nice at all.

EPA and NSWPol have been doing roadside tests in Sydney suburbs over the past few years where engineers will visually inspect cars and also test emissions. Its an easy high 4 figure fine for deleting a cat.

• Like 2

It's so easy to tell a car that's missing a cat that should be present. You can smell it from 100m away. Last I checked, the police also have functional noses.

Much as I like wicked engine noise (having lost a muffler myself), I certainly don't want to smell it nor do I want to suffer the health detriments that come with it.

Don't be that guy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Plus the gains from a decat are somewhere between 0 and f'all. This is another one of these viral 'must have' mods that seem to eminate from the old country, right up there with running smaller than stock rims "cause unsprung weight". Res delete, absolutely, decat not worth the effort or risk.

• Like 2