Newbie Renault Tragic

42of85

Hi there - just joined the forum after picking up a series II/phase 1 172 Clio.  :hyper:  Was converted to them after a mate of mine kept taking me for drives it it for the last 10 years or so .... (Yes, I am a slow learner – however in my defense, I have been looking for one on and off for 3 or 4 years).

It is no 42 of the 85 series II/phase 1's  - hence the forum user name. :)

BTW: for Aussiefrogs memners here: have been a long term member of aussiefrogs (as Only19) and been driving Renaults since the early 80's, so this is Renault no …. well have lost count, probably not quite 42, but must be close  :wink: )

Cheers

Bryce

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Bryce. Congrats that you have a Renault now with the go, stopping and handling to match the style and flair...

Enjoy!

Welcome. I'm a long time offender too .. But I've only had 4 .. What have you been doing to them :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R12 wagon (rolled, oops); 3 x R12 parts cars; Virage sedan; R17 project; R17 donor parts car; R10 (died from incurable tinworm); R19 sedan (much underrated vehicle), series 1 Laguna (still driving) and a Laguna 1 parts car; Fuego project car (never finished & parted out) plus a Fuego parts car.

i.e. most have died to preserve the living!

Therefore the the Clio sport makes 14 (unless you include my partner's series II Clio :) ).

Oh, and the count goes on: am currently looking for a series III Megane or Fluence for her.

Cheers

Bryce

Edited by 42of85
  • Like 1

Fluence's are value for money. You can get some serious deals due to their relative obscurity. Not exactly exciting but well spec'd and as I'm told by my Renault Tech mate quite reliable with few if any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a 2011 Dynamique with less than 30,000 km and under $10,000 - good value compared to a Megane III of the same year etc!

Makes Megane resale value look epic! A lot of car for not many $$