Red 197 noob in Vic

evolved65

yeah having a blast, already siliconed in the map sensor and it feels a little more responsive which is good and I didn't break it!

19001A46-C070-411A-BEE0-B85B71F2D320.jpg

I also used a bit of tire shine on the black grills to rejuvenate them and it came out well

the left one in the photo has been done and the right one hasn't for comparison

0CD0ADE9-518C-4ECD-BC28-4E606E5F4768.jpg

and then took her for a spirited drive

C1B2D41C-7F95-439F-B707-ADF39F961055.jpg

where did people get there panel filters from and what brand did people go? I went to the big 3 autobahn, super cheep, repco and none of them had the K&N filter to suit the clio. the guy at repco said he can order it in for $250!!!!

is there another brand I should look at?

I went ITG from eBay, but K&N is easier for maintenance as their cleaning and oiling products are easier to get.

The oil and cleaning products aren't filter specific. Should be able to use any filter cleaning product and oil. On my old itg on the Clio I used to use some stuff my brother had from his motorbike and it did the job perfectly

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

where did people get there panel filters from and what brand did people go? I went to the big 3 autobahn, super cheep, repco and none of them had the K&N filter to suit the clio. the guy at repco said he can order it in for $250!!!!

is there another brand I should look at?

BMC, ITG, Green Cotton, Pipercross - Ktec do their own panel filters as well.

Probably looking at approx $100 for one from the UK - ebay.co.uk will give you an idea.

Nice to see another Red 197 on the forum - welcome!!! Yours looks pretty stock (unlike mine!) - any other plans for modifications? As others have mentioned, have a look at KTec in the UK - they have a lot of parts and accessories for the 197 if you are considering spicing the car up a bit!