New Renault RS Owner from the Coffee Mecca of Melbourne!

RS13

Hi~

Just signed up to this forum because I just bought the RS Sports 265 Trophy+ in Black~ Can't wait to pick it up! Is it true that Renault doesn't have any 2014 stock and that all new stock are 2013?

Walked into the Renault dealer to look at buying a 265 Cup but I got won over by the extras such as a glass roof that doesn't open hahahaha in the Trophy+ and signed my name for one.... My offset account for my mortgage is not going to like it very much but I am absolutely loving the car! Interior is rather bland but driving dynamics kicks the sh*t out of my other shortlists that I tried (MPS3, Scirocco R, Focus ST).

Coming from a long list of Japanese makes and tinkling a lot with them, this is my first Euro car after my last Jap car got written off by a careless P Plater who T-Boned me and gave me a nice stay at the Alfred......

Can't wait to start tinkling with the car, will certainly be going through this board to look parts recommendations and what not!

Cheers All~ :D

Great choice and welcome to the forum. I really wanted a Lunar Grey Trophy as I wished for Recaro seats and the RS Monitor, however the Trophy+ is still a fantastic car and I haven't missed either options.

There are mixed feelings on the forum about the new nose on the 2014 model as you may read about, as well as the wealth of other information on here. I think they 2014 model will be selling here from mid year.

What do you intend on doing with the car mod-wise? Especially owning a black car, you should look at either Nanolex or Opticoat protection. I went with the latter and it's fantastic.

Welcome. Lost my meggy in a similar circumstance last weekend, not the nicest thing to have happen to you at all, I can totally understand your pain.

Congrats on the newie though. They're a nice car.

Thanks for the Welcome RS peeps....

I've had a couple of black cars in the past and the paintwork is a pain to maintain (i.e washing the side of the car vertically etc etc etc). Wanted white but don't know how I ended up with the Black, clever sales pitch I guess :P

TBH, I don't see a lot of Megane RS of any variants on the roads of Melbourne, is it because it's not a "popular" hot hatch or is it because of people like me who only use it once in a while? Nonetheless, I really look forward to picking it up and putting my hands on the steering wheel.. Albeit the unsightly white stitching on the top of the wheel LOL!

Welcome and trust me they are everywhere! :)

Yeah, however half the drivers aren't forum members and may give you strange looks when you wave at them...

^+1 that's why I don't wave anymore, I wait for the wave from them :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^+1 that's why I don't wave anymore, I wait for the wave from them :)

Note to self... Do what rado does.... :lol::lol:

Hope to see ya fellow RS owners on the road........!

OzRS do car decals? Maybe that'll help identify members of this forum :mrgreen: !

TBH, I don't see a lot of Megane RS of any variants on the roads of Melbourne, is it because it's not a "popular" hot hatch or is it because of people like me who only use it once in a while?

4 Meg RS3's live within a couple of blocks of where I live in Port Melbourne. I usually pass 3 or 4 on the way to work every day. And, of course, Australia is the 2nd largest market in the world for them. They ain't rare this side of town.

4 Meg RS3's live within a couple of blocks of where I live in Port Melbourne. I usually pass 3 or 4 on the way to work every day. And, of course, Australia is the 2nd largest market in the world for them. They ain't rare this side of town.

They are also EVERYWHERE on weekends.

The RSC4 gets a royal ugly duckling treatment by it's bigger, meaner brother lol

Well, picked up the car.... And true to the forum peeps in here... The car does squeak! I am getting a slight squeak coming from the back of the car, not sure where yet but I'm going to try and dig in this weekend and find where it may be coming from... Could be anything from the parcel shelf to an interior panel.. Not sure...

Gave the car a nice wash (Was raining), settled it into the garage... Stared at it for 30 minutes... Stoning away at how much effort it takes to wash it as there are a lot of nooks and crannies that can collect water/soap! Then spent another 30 minutes figuring out all the techno gadgets in the car (There are so many ways to lock the car LOL)... I grew up with carbys and simple technology so I have a lot to figure out hahahaha!

Anyone knows how to change the time on the integrated GPS screen? It's sort of correct but I have OCD and I need it to be the same as my watch and mobile hahahahah!