Joined the club!

TheRedBaron

Hi all!

I've just ordered myself a new Megane RS265 Trophy, in capsicum red. I also went for leather and bi-xenon headlights. It wont be here until late May, and I can't wait!

I test drove around 10 cars before deciding, and to be honest in the end, the hardest decision was whether to go Clio or Megane! I'm looking forward to getting into some of the discussions, and hopefully learning a lot along the way.

I'm in regional Victoria by the way,

Glad to be on board!

Thanks folks!!

This may sound odd, but something that swayed me to the Megane over the Clio was the turbo.. something about the sound, feel, and dynamics of a turbocharged car is really appealing to me. The dealer (Geelong) mentioned the Clio will be released in 2013 as a paddle-shuft 1.6L turbo too, and I didn't want paddle shift I prefer good ol' fashion manual. Also, the Megane, being that little bit 'larger' is slightly more "practical" - not a buy you car for practicality obviously, but it's also going to be my everyday car, so I had to factor that in.

Pretty much the only reason I went Trophy over Cup was to get the leather Recaro seats haha... expensive upgrade, but worth it IMO!

Welcome to the forum and to RenaultSport.

Lots of great driving ahead for you!

Just in case you can't wait till May.. You might want to re-consider a RedBull Clio out of the current model.

The space inside is only very marginally smaller than the Megane and the fuel consumption and handling are 1st class for a sports car. You would save a packet on buy price as well as not having to WAIT!

Xcellent choice of car, particularly the colour, IMO we don't see enough red megs. And I'd seriously paint/wrap the roof black. That would look the biz!!

Xcellent choice of car, particularly the colour, IMO we don't see enough red megs. And I'd seriously paint/wrap the roof black. That would look the biz!!

Agree!

Welcome.. :)

I've only just noticed some people do this - it looks amazing! Excuse me being a noob, but if anyone if able to point me in a direction where I can learn more about this (what's involved etc), it would be greatly appreciated! I'll hit up the search function too 8)

Basically you can get your roof panel professionally painted in gloss black, or my preferred option would be to get it wrapped, this way if after some time you don't like it or it gets scratched or you want to return it Back to std it's very easy.

A few on here have used a vendor called carbon demon who can do faux carbon wrap or Matt / gloss back - from memory price was around 300

Cheers

Chris

there was a really nice example (of a red 250/265 with a black roof) on a thread somewhere here that Rob240 was running,

asking about 'whether to wrap, or not'.

• 1 month later...