Finally here!

Mark L

Hello Renault enthusiasts,

My first post. Just wanted to say thanks to the bloke that said hello on parramatta rd and complimented my car.

(Matt red angel and demon rs Clio). And passing on the invite to join the crew.

Just quickly, I knew nothing about Renaults until 2 years ago I bought a run about which happened to be a 172 rs Clio. It was insane, I fell in love. 6 months ago I bought a angel and demon. What an absolute ripper of car. It goes hard and handles amazing.

A bit of info. I also own an fg f6 ute 2012, to put into perspective, on the m4 exit turning left onto Walgrove rd, for the guys out west that may know. In my ute, the fastest my guts let me go around that corner is 85 km/hr. In my Clio i can take it at 105km/ hr. It's just an outstanding little car. The ute in straight line is quick but nowhere near as quick around corners, and nowhere near as much fun.

Anyways, I will try and upload some pics of my old 172 and the new 200.

If anyone has any advice on flash tunes and recommends a good Renault mechanic to do some upgrades. Sydney area. Please, if possible let me know.

Also I have a set of wheels and tyres from the 172 at home if anyone wants them. a case of heineken and there yours.

Hi Mark L, glad to hear you are having fun. The story of surprised discovery via the brilliant little hatches seems to be a common one. From what I've read Paul V seems to be the mechanic of choice in Sydney and RS Tuner the go for the mapping. A search on each will yield heaps of info.

Enjoy.

Welcome mate! Great intro story 8)

Pics of both Clios please!

Paul V is the man. I just picked my 197 up from him tonight and it feels AMAZING! So tight and responsive. He's like a Renaultsport whisperer :wink:

Hello Renault enthusiasts,

My first post. Just wanted to say thanks to the bloke that said hello on parramatta rd and complimented my car.

(Matt red angel and demon rs Clio). And passing on the invite to join the crew.

Just quickly, I knew nothing about Renaults until 2 years ago I bought a run about which happened to be a 172 rs Clio. It was insane, I fell in love. 6 months ago I bought a angel and demon. What an absolute ripper of car. It goes hard and handles amazing.

A bit of info. I also own an fg f6 ute 2012, to put into perspective, on the m4 exit turning left onto Walgrove rd, for the guys out west that may know. In my ute, the fastest my guts let me go around that corner is 85 km/hr. In my Clio i can take it at 105km/ hr. It's just an outstanding little car. The ute in straight line is quick but nowhere near as quick around corners, and nowhere near as much fun.

Anyways, I will try and upload some pics of my old 172 and the new 200.

If anyone has any advice on flash tunes and recommends a good Renault mechanic to do some upgrades. Sydney area. Please, if possible let me know.

Also I have a set of wheels and tyres from the 172 at home if anyone wants them. a case of heineken and there yours.

Welcome mate.

I know the corner, do it nearly every day, you never lose that challenge of 'can I get round here and merge before that car coming through the lights' game do you?! :)

Just a thank you for the welcome, info and replies. Appreciated! :D

Look froward to maybe a drive day some time in the near future. Mt white anyone.

Cheers.

Post up in the 'Driving' section and you'll definitely get a few tag along. Like most here, I'm always keen for a drive!

G'day Mark. That was me on Parra road in the XR6 ute!

Glad you made your way to the forum and hope you can get out with these guys for a drive sometime :)

Cheers

Mick/Earl

Hey mick,

Thanks again for the invite, and seems like your a ford man as well as Renault, mad.

Drive day would be good, just when and where and im in.

Cheers mate.

Post up in the 'Driving' section and you'll definitely get a few tag along. Like most here, I'm always keen for a drive!

Just a reminder that newbies don't have access to the "DRIVING" discussion without being granted added permission by an admin.

:wink:

Just a reminder that newbies don't have access to the "DRIVING" discussion without being granted added permission by an admin.

:wink:

Well they can chase that up with Bremund.

Glad you made your way to the forum and hope you can get out with these guys for a drive sometime :)

Cheers

Mick/Earl

Hey mick,

Thanks again for the invite, and seems like your a ford man as well as Renault, mad.

No worries :)

I'm def have a soft spot for fords. My dad had a 10sec TC Cortina. Windsor bottom end and cleaveland heads (thanks to an custom adaptor plate). Was brought home from the hospital as a newborn in it.

Dad had a succession of hotted up XYs, XDs, XFs and ED XR8's. I had an encyclopedic knowledge of all things Fords in my childhood.

What put me off in the end was my brother. He's a classic hoon and his habits, friends and situations he found himself in put me off the scene.

Spotted a 172 on Gran Turismo 4, "drove it", liked it. Read millions of reviews. Bought a 172. Fell in love with the car, brand and the crowd it attracted (and the crowd it didn't). Never looked back.

In the car collection in my head I'd have an FG FPV in a heartbeat, but reality is any ford is a long way down my list. Ford is fortunate Renault don't make a tuff Aussie ute :lol:

Cheers

Mick/Earl

Hey mick,

No worries :)

I'm def have a soft spot for fords. My dad had a 10sec TC Cortina. Windsor bottom end and cleaveland heads (thanks to an custom adaptor plate). Was brought home from the hospital as a newborn in it.

Dad had a succession of hotted up XYs, XDs, XFs and ED XR8's. I had an encyclopedic knowledge of all things Fords in my childhood.

What put me off in the end was my brother. He's a classic hoon and his habits, friends and situations he found himself in put me off the scene.

Spotted a 172 on Gran Turismo 4, "drove it", liked it. Read millions of reviews. Bought a 172. Fell in love with the car, brand and the crowd it attracted (and the crowd it didn't). Never looked back.

In the car collection in my head I'd have an FG FPV in a heartbeat, but reality is any ford is a long way down my list. Ford is fortunate Renault don't make a tuff Aussie ute :lol:

That's awesome, 10 sec Cortina. my first car my a 1969 l440 mkii cortina, I have a massive soft spot for them. I always wanted an xy, so bought that for my first car, looked kinda similar. It had a 3.0l v6 gt capri motor, engineered an all, xy gt shaker on it cause the air filter stuck out of the bonnet lol. Sounded tough too. Stupid car though for me to have on my L's and red p's as you can imagine I blew two diffs and stripped second gear all on seperate ocasions and doing burnouts. Young and stupid! I could afford to maintain it so sold it. Biggest mistake though. Loved that car.

Your right though, if Renault made a rear drive ute, sedan whatever with similar power figures they would embarrass ford and Holden. It's all well and good to have a stright line car, but handling is so much better especially once driven a Renault.