New RS 250 Cup Trophee

pbeyerman

Picking up a new RS 250 Cup Trophee early next week...Sport Yellow. Big thx to Peter Warren R and Jess Clarke who were excellent. Was a member of the XR5 Turbo forum...sold that last week and now very excited to get into the Meg...had a pretty well modded 5...255kw at the wheels...but sooo impressed with the RS 250. :hyper:

Already have some mods on order

K Tec cat Back

Inoxline Cat

Eibachs

K Tec IC

Ferodo DS 200 pads and Braided lines

K Tec turbo inlet pipe

Then after a few 1000 k's will be handing over the car to Jim Ghellis at Tunehouse for a custom tune.

Afterr that I will be looking forward to a track day with the old XR5 forum boys

It's best to direct link photos, but that works too.

I'm not a fan of cars sitting on the ground, as it compromises their ability too much. I will be very surprised if your car actually NEEDS any of the mods you're planning - they're very well set up from the factory.

If you're purely chasing asthetics, good on you. We don't have that many of that bent here 8)

Welcome mate. Sounds like you're onto the essential mods!

But agree about the black roof: do it :mrgreen:

I am also amazed by the hurry to install heaps of mods to an already factory prepped and tuned car that is ideal for track work for all but the most serious competitor..

I would recommend a few runs as stock to see what you do actually need to upgrade.

Anyway, it's your baby and you can spoil yourself as you see fit. lollll Take care and enjoy!

Those pics of the Meg look sensational to me. But I have to agree with others, it will ride like a biatch. Which is a shame really. Love the dumped look.

RS Renault's are set up pretty well from the factory, and probably do it better than anyone else out there short of an exotic.

Careful on the mods. RS Renault's are the kind of car where mods need to be chosen wisely if your looking at improving their performance. But if your after cosmetic looks. Then I guess its open season.

Good luck and enjoy.

Steve

Those pics of the Meg look sensational to me. But I have to agree with others, it will ride like a biatch. Which is a shame really. Love the dumped look.

RS Renault's are set up pretty well from the factory, and probably do it better than anyone else out there short of an exotic.

Careful on the mods. RS Renault's are the kind of car where mods need to be chosen wisely if your looking at improving their performance. But if your after cosmetic looks. Then I guess its open season.

Good luck and enjoy.

Steve

+1 I'd like mine about an inch lower but I am so loath to mess with it, it's so damn good straight out of the box and the ride/handling balance is so well judged.

Meganes run a really weird 65 offset too, and getting legal (legal requires a 52.5 or high offset) aftermarket wheels for them is just about impossible. Most of the Meganes I've seen with non-standard wheels are "technically" unroadworthy in Australia.

Enjoy

My plans are to do the front and the rear like the pics but not the de badge...I also don't like the rims I think the standard are great...also I would not drop the ride like this...but I do believe the 1" down with Eibach's would be fine. For now I have ordered the K Tec exhaust and the Inoxline Cat, the sports filter Bmc, the kit to have the DRL on the heads. Fit that get a dyno run...then look at the K Tec IC...the forge I think is a bit too big restricting flow to the rad too much.

Then another dyno run...check where we are at restrictions etc airflow etc...then consider the CAI...but want to see how the standard box with filter upgrade performs...after that consider the CAI...the Ingen or the Mulgari...also K Tec are in the process of developing one.

After I have the hardware that I am happy with then a custom Tune at Tunehouse Marrickville

• 3 weeks later...