Deposit down - RS250 AGP #??

chiapoco

Hey folks

Just dropping by and thought I'd say hey. My first post here at ozrenault. Proud to say I've managed to put down a deposit on one of the new and limited edition RS250 AGP. Found myself amongst the very helpful and friendly staff at Peter Warren dealership up at Warwick farm.

The only aim for the day was to walk into the dealership sight/perhaps test drive a cup trophy.. walked out well on my way to' owning a new AGP. Gotta say I'd be spewing if the finances don't get through otherwise I've got the biggest grin on my face, well.. that's what my work people say.

G'day from a happy camper!

Chris Chiapoco

aka chiapoco

Welcome Chris!

Congrats on the purchase - hope it all gets approved for you. Do you have to wait the 4-5 months for delivery or is it already in Oz?

I had a similar experience before buying the Alien where, I went into the same dealership just to have a look at the car. A short test drive with Joey changed all that. I played it cool and told him I'd like to try the GTI and the XR5 first (which I never did) but I went home thinking "I bought a car today" 8)

Welcome Chris!

Congrats on the purchase - hope it all gets approved for you. Do you have to wait the 4-5 months for delivery or is it already in Oz?

I had a similar experience before buying the Alien where, I went into the same dealership just to have a look at the car. A short test drive with Joey changed all that. I played it cool and told him I'd like to try the GTI and the XR5 first (which I never did) but I went home thinking "I bought a car today" 8)

Thanks nemz! Fortunately for me they all 3 AGP allocated to the dealership somewhere on the grounds that day - 2 had already been sold apparently so I was the lucky third (for anyone interested the Sydney City Renault up along Botany road just got their shipment 2 days ago!) so meaning no wait! just for me to get my finances approved. Taking some paperwork since its my first car - under my name anyway :)

certainly looking forward to driving the little bugga, i need to name her though.. hmmm

^^ That's great!

Would be good to see you and the AGP on a drive day in the future (provided the finance goes through, of course)

finance has been approved and my sweet Isabelle is mine. Pickup should be late this week or early next week :headbang:

will post pics up when i get my hands on her, gotta put my 7D to work

^^ That's great!

Would be good to see you and the AGP on a drive day in the future (provided the finance goes through, of course)

finance has been approved and my sweet Isabelle is mine. Pickup should be late this week or early next week :headbang:

Congrats!!!

What a great "first car"!

Enjoy!

^^ That's great!

Congrats!!!

What a great "first car"!

Enjoy!

Go hard or go home is what they say right.

Tell you something funny? Between now and when I pickup my car im going to have to learn how to drive a stick shift. 8)

Tell you something funny? Between now and when I pickup my car im going to have to learn how to drive a stick shift. 8)

Um, OK? That's commitment in my book!

Can't say I'd be learning how to use the "third pedal" in an RS250, but as long as you stay within your limits it's a pretty safe and forgiving vehicle. Get an instructor to teach you how to heel-toe from the get-go so you don't have to work it in later.

All the best!

bozz

Welcome Chris!

Enjoy the new beast. Good luck with manual driving - you'll be right, it's not that hard :wink:

Um, OK? That's commitment in my book!

Can't say I'd be learning how to use the "third pedal" in an RS250, but as long as you stay within your limits it's a pretty safe and forgiving vehicle. Get an instructor to teach you how to heel-toe from the get-go so you don't have to work it in later.

All the best!

bozz

haha don't be scared for me mate i've got it pretty much down pat. if i can do all the basics in the middle of city then im doing ok then right? :headbang:

Welcome Chris!

Enjoy the new beast. Good luck with manual driving - you'll be right, it's not that hard :wink:

cheers mate! been driving around a few times, i got this! haha

Though I could only imagine what our friends at the renault dealerships were thinking when I walked in asking for the 250 when i couldnt drive a stickshift..

.. why not! :dance:

You will be all good. I taught my wife how to drive after ordering a new car in a manual a few years back, and when I say I taught I mean I got her a driving instructor, it took her three lessons and cost about $200, a few years on and she is faster than most of the boys!

Congrats on the purchase, cant say I'm not jealous of that as a first car, have to laugh though because it would not be too hard to justify as a sensible car really, "oh its just a one of those french hatchbacks, you know, economical and safe"

You will be all good. I taught my wife how to drive after ordering a new car in a manual a few years back, and when I say I taught I mean I got her a driving instructor, it took her three lessons and cost about $200, a few years on and she is faster than most of the boys!

Congrats on the purchase, cant say I'm not jealous of that as a first car, have to laugh though because it would not be too hard to justify as a sensible car really, "oh its just a one of those french hatchbacks, you know, economical and safe"

Got myself a driving lesson in for midday today ...hopefully his mazda 3 has some umph behind it to better simulate my new purchase :mrgreen:

I suppose we could say it's an economical and safe car ..and them some

Nice entry into the RS world.

Pics when it finally happens yeah?

All the best, and hope you find the right name.

Cheers,

WOLF

ps: interesting surname...history?

What better way to enter the RS world right? and thanks! looking at Adrienne or Isabelle for this one :wink: haven't decided

as for my surname. The parents are from the Philippines originally.. though I've been told that it sounds like it has some chinese history to it.. either way an interesting surname to pronounce.

Thanks again Wolf! from what I've read you're the man for the parts ay?

I help out wherever possible and then some.

That now includes the Vectra if you still have it, as i deal in Vauxhall/Opel.

Sounded more Spanish to me, which fits into the Philippines thing.

They've torn me a new one over and over, but can't help myself when it comes to the ladies from P.I. :wink:

(sucker that i am) :44:

WOLF

I help out wherever possible and then some.

That now includes the Vectra if you still have it, as i deal in Vauxhall/Opel.

Sounded more Spanish to me, which fits into the Philippines thing.

They've torn me a new one over and over, but can't help myself when it comes to the ladies from P.I. :wink:

(sucker that i am) :44:

WOLF

Fils have been taken over by countless "super powers" in history so there're alot of mixes going on.. chiapoco may very well be a spanish surname!

As for Filipina' haha mate.. I wouldn't date another one even if my life depended on it, they're just trouble all around!

The vectra is long gone :wink: gave us more trouble then it was worth (2nd hand)

:rofl:

I'm Filipino myself and my last Filipina gf, despite probably being the prettiest girl I've ever dated, gave me more problems than any before or after.

I'm dropping my 250 off at Peter Warren early next week - if your car is still there, I'm asking Joey for a perv :nod:

I'm Filipino myself and my last Filipina gf, despite probably being the prettiest girl I've ever dated, gave me more problems than any before or after.

I'm dropping my 250 off at Peter Warren early next week - if your car is still there, I'm asking Joey for a perv :nod:

Service time? here's a pre perv shot of my baby for ya anyway :drool:

7020200387_9ed556c003_o.jpg

RS250 AGP LE by N2S08, on Flickr

Complete... with plastic and all

I was wondering if someone could upload a youtube video of the GPS run-through. The more I read, the more I'm convinced the RS monitor might be a better choice (and run the GPS on my phone).

It's just a Tom Tom unit bolted on. So probably exactly the same as you can get on your phone.

It does integrate with your mobile via bluetooth but that's all. I think that's the source of most dissapointment - the lack of integration with other ICE. A quick look on eBay promotes units which can integrate TV and audio etc. which look interesting! (See:http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-DIN-DVD-GPS-RADIO-USB-SD-PARA-RENAULT-MEGANE-3-/220848733343?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_186&hash=item336b9c3c9f

Conversely if you have Nav you can always get the RenaultSport monitor app.

So when you paly audio files its not shown on the unit at all?

Looks like it might be similar to the ones in the older Yaris/Camrys - the integrated tomtom.

Everything the usual 250 screen displays is also displayed on the Sat Nav. The Sat Nav functions use their own controls where the cup holder usually is. All other controls (radio, Bluetooth, CD etc) use the same usual 250 controls just below the climate control.

Tom Tom is crazyeasy to use. Simplicity at its finest.

Looks like it might be similar to the ones in the older Yaris/Camrys - the integrated tomtom.

Everything the usual 250 screen displays is also displayed on the Sat Nav. The Sat Nav functions use their own controls where the cup holder usually is. All other controls (radio, Bluetooth, CD etc) use the same usual 250 controls just below the climate control.

How's the Sat Nav like? I hear a lot of "standard" Sat Navs that alot of vehicles get as factory aren't the best/easiest to use.

Even though some of the current Megane models have sat nav, would it be wise to purchase say - something like that TomTom you linked?

How's the Sat Nav like? I hear a lot of "standard" Sat Navs that alot of vehicles get as factory aren't the best/easiest to use.

Even though some of the current Megane models have sat nav, would it be wise to purchase say - something like that TomTom you linked?

How do you mean? The Sat Nav in the 250 is essentially a Tom Tom unit. If you've used a TomTom handheld device, the interface is the same.

There's a website with all their info; if someone has the quick reference guide that comes with your car, the link is in it. I'll take a stab and say www.renault-multimedia.com ...? Can check at work tomorrow.

Oh, and for a laugh; pick the kiwi accent. Oddly there are two; Aussies only get to pick Ken.

:mrgreen: Get Akrapovic or Scorpion.

Akra don't make a 250 exhaust AFAIK.

I work near Peter Warren so I could pick it up for you. Free of charge :wink:

EDIT: damn iPhone eating my words

Just saw this now. Unfortunately for you I'm picking her up this arvo

Otherwise I totally would of let you pick it up for me :booty::lol:

I was just stirring :P

Enjoy the first drive! It's quite a special occasion - from personal experience 8)

Oh, and tell us if you stall it :mrgreen:

I work near Peter Warren so I could pick it up for you. Free of charge :wink:

EDIT: damn iPhone eating my words

Just saw this now. Unfortunately for you I'm picking her up this arvo

Otherwise I totally would of let you pick it up for me :booty::lol:

I was just stirring :P

Enjoy the first drive! It's quite a special occasion - from personal experience 8)

Oh, and tell us if you stall it :mrgreen:

I think that should be how "many" times i stall it haha

Just came back from Peter Warren Renault with the biggest grin on my face. My first car! boom

Its getting a little dusky atm and im gona try and drive her down to mollymook some 3hrs drive down south.. ill try getting in some golden hr pics in :wink:

Drove her down from Warwick farm down to my place in dulwich hill.. stalled once or twice... not bad I suppose... i quickly notice how hilly some parts of the inner west can be...

her name is Adriana :headbang:

How good is the stop/start button for stalls?!

Another cool feature is that the a/c and Xenons stay on after the stall. So if the music is on loud enough and you quickly press the button while your hand is on the gearshift, no one will notice :wink:

Just came back from Peter Warren Renault with the biggest grin on my face. My first car! boom

Its getting a little dusky atm and im gona try and drive her down to mollymook some 3hrs drive down south.. ill try getting in some golden hr pics in :wink:

Drove her down from Warwick farm down to my place in dulwich hill.. stalled once or twice... not bad I suppose... i quickly notice how hilly some parts of the inner west can be...

The Rick Damelian salesman stalled the one I test drove, so I wouldn't worry. Nice weekend for a drive, enjoy!

looking forward to some pics, or in the flesh as we're practically neighbours.

Debadged of course - forum rules.