Deposit down - RS250 AGP #??

chiapoco

Yeah, that's currently correct. None for the RS350 yet. They keep teasing me when i ask.

Anyways, Scorpion sound great, but there are a few options out there.

Happy to help, but do some hunting and see what's your pleasure.

Cheers,

WOLF

ps: digging the addie. :wink:

How good is the stop/start button for stalls?!

Another cool feature is that the a/c and Xenons stay on after the stall. So if the music is on loud enough and you quickly press the button while your hand is on the gearshift, no one will notice :wink:

Hey Steven, you're right it did come in handy! my sleeping passengers had no idea! :wink: *winning*

Just came back from Peter Warren Renault with the biggest grin on my face. My first car! boom

Its getting a little dusky atm and im gona try and drive her down to mollymook some 3hrs drive down south.. ill try getting in some golden hr pics in :wink:

Drove her down from Warwick farm down to my place in dulwich hill.. stalled once or twice... not bad I suppose... i quickly notice how hilly some parts of the inner west can be...

her name is Adriana :headbang:

The Rick Damelian salesman stalled the one I test drove, so I wouldn't worry. Nice weekend for a drive, enjoy!

the BEST weekend for a drive, just got back home after another 3hrs of cruising along the highways down south, although I quite like the night time ride better :dance:

Just came back from Peter Warren Renault with the biggest grin on my face. My first car! boom

Its getting a little dusky atm and im gona try and drive her down to mollymook some 3hrs drive down south.. ill try getting in some golden hr pics in :wink:

Drove her down from Warwick farm down to my place in dulwich hill.. stalled once or twice... not bad I suppose... i quickly notice how hilly some parts of the inner west can be...

her name is Adriana :headbang:

looking forward to some pics, or in the flesh as we're practically neighbours.

Debadged of course - forum rules.

Boom I've got a pretty hectic schedule coming up but we should hook our rides up for a drive around sometime, enmore wasn't it?

WOO HOO!! So glad to hear Miss L (haha) got home nice and safe today! Honestly almost cried when I saw you driving off!!

Cannot wait to hear more stories on here about your adventures :)

Jess

Haha Jess thanks so much for your all your help! you definitely went beyond what you needed to get me sorted - and very thankful you did, our short back lot session helped big time! After putting some 550kms on the dial overnight I'm feeling that clutch alot better! :headbang:

oh her name is Miss A...driana :mrgreen:

Unfortunately I didn't get any dusk photos of her while she was in that pristine/fresh condition

...although I did manage to grab a handful of awesome sunrise photos alongside a stretch of beach at Mollymook :wink: will be posting up soon.

Debadge or not? nahhh

Yeah, that's currently correct. None for the RS350 yet. They keep teasing me when i ask.

Anyways, Scorpion sound great, but there are a few options out there.

Happy to help, but do some hunting and see what's your pleasure.

Cheers,

WOLF

ps: digging the addie. :wink:

Hey wolf yeah I've had a look around google/youtube and what not for different exhausts. If I WERE to get an aftermarket exhaust it'd be the Supersprint that I linked earlier in the post, I get this slight tickle everytime I hear it start up/rev... only thing holding me back is the thought of my warranty being voided for those parts involved :cry:

Thanks so much for your thanks :)

So glad the mini lesson helped :) I was going along the lines of Miss Lima haha!

How many stalls have you had now.... I bet your going to show me how to drive by the time I see you next (hopefully soon)

:)

Stalls are happening far less now haha.. but damn those hill starts... :headbang:

Hopeless IMHO. I've stalled it a couple of times at traffic lights and it hates to be hurried into a restart. I must have pushed the bloody button 10 times before it started last time I stalled it. The people behind me were not happy!

Hopeless IMHO. I've stalled it a couple of times at traffic lights and it hates to be hurried into a restart. I must have pushed the bloody button 10 times before it started last time I stalled it. The people behind me were not happy!

Press it once and don't move the clutch!

Press it once and don't move the clutch!

What he said. It seems to remember when it's been pressed, and fire in due course.

Really? Mine hasn't misfired at all, it's been quite the lifesaver infact!

Perhaps Teki' advice may help? that clutch takes a bit of getting used to

hope it works out for you! :D

I stall every now and then when low speed maneuvering (and a couple of times, forgetting to pull the clutch in as I slow down to a halt :lol:) - I mastered the art of stall recovery in the Skyline and quite often could keep the car rolling so it didn't really look like I stalled her :)

A little adjustment required with the 250 having a start button, sometimes it works out great, other times not so great.

I stall every now and then when low speed maneuvering (and a couple of times, forgetting to pull the clutch in as I slow down to a halt :lol:) - I mastered the art of stall recovery in the Skyline and quite often could keep the car rolling so it didn't really look like I stalled her :)

A little adjustment required with the 250 having a start button, sometimes it works out great, other times not so great.

Took Adriana out to Bronte this arvo after work with the gf... I didnt think hills were that sucha big deal till now :dance:

Umm do you know if your AGP comes with the RS Monitor and can access it? I have a feeling it might not since I don't believe the Monaco did - but I dunno? If it does - here's how to do it;

You'll need to be in sport mode first. (ESP button).

On top of the instrument stalk that has the stereo / phone controls are two buttons that normally cycle through stereo audio source and stereo display or phonebook display. If you press and hold both of these buttons at the same time you enter the RS Monitor.

On the back of the stalk are two buttons that you use to page left and right. To jump straight into throttle map configuration, press left, but if the menu cycles so you can just page until you get there.

Using the dial and the page buttons, you should now be able to access the throttle map.

My understanding is that the Sat Nav based cars run the Linear mode in Normal ESP, and then flicks to Sport mode in Sport ESP mode. Switching off the ESP does not flick into Extreme mode.

Want to test it out? Drive in 2nd or 3rd gear to 2,500rpm or 3,000rpm and maintain the revs; then flick on the Sport ESP mode and you should see the revs increase without you moving the throttle.

I had a fiddle with the button. 2 options present itself only

Sport Mode On / ESP

Normal Mode / ESP on

no other options for the other maps .. balls

Question though, from my understanding in the manual, all "Sport Mode" does is raise the threshold where the safety features of the car kick in. So how would that increase the cars "kick" factor? ie. Teki above experiment

So no throttle map adjusting at all then?

I wonder which throttle map they give you when you hit sport mode then?

I've always assumed Sport?

Teki - we should do a comparo.

I think it's Linear (Normal) and Sport (in Sport).

The "Extreme" map (which appears to be only available with the RS Monitor) is brilliant when you are up it. It requires the just slightest brush of the throttle when heel-toeing to give you a decent blip. I love it. It's a bit too extreme for smooth progress around town though. :roll:

BTW....Stalled it again at the lights this morning and missed a complete cycle of the lights. Pushed the start button 6 times before I got a restart (I had the clutch to the floor and the brake pedal depressed the whole time). The guy behind me was furious. Arrrggghhhh! :oops: When did this start button nonsense come back into vogue again anyway? What was wrong with a key? :lol:

BTW....Stalled it again at the lights this morning and missed a complete cycle of the lights. Pushed the start button 6 times before I got a restart (I had the clutch to the floor and the brake pedal depressed the whole time). The guy behind me was furious. Arrrggghhhh! :oops: When did this start button nonsense come back into vogue again anyway? What was wrong with a key? :lol:

That really doesn't sound right?

Whenever a stall has occured in my car (by the driver who isn't me :wink: ) or in any 250 I've been in... you just hit the start stop button once and let it crank. Why are you pressing it so many times?

Whenever a stall has occured in my car (by the driver who isn't me :wink: ) or in any 250 I've been in... you just hit the start stop button once and let it crank. Why are you pressing it so many times?

Because I pressed...waited (a couple of seconds)...nothing happened...so I pressed again....repeat. 6th time it started. It hates to be hurried into a restart. It's almost like it's saying "#uck off...I'll start again when I'M ready". :roll:

Don't know if that's a good thing dude! I've had a restart 100% of the time after pressing it just once... and trust.. for someone that just learn't how to drive manual one week out from picking the car up from the dealership.. I still stall quite often

It does my head in. Maybe I'm too impatient (as you are prone to be when you've just stalled it at a set of lights and there are a bunch of people behind you). When I press the start button I expect it to start IMMEDIATELY. Not in a 2 or 3 seconds time. :bitch:

Don't know if that's a good thing dude! I've had a restart 100% of the time after pressing it just once... and trust.. for someone that just learn't how to drive manual one week out from picking the car up from the dealership.. I still stall quite often

It does my head in. Maybe I'm too impatient (as you are prone to be when you've just stalled it at a set of lights and there are a bunch of people behind you). When I press the start button I expect it to start IMMEDIATELY. Not in a 2 or 3 seconds time. :bitch:

There is your problem. Press it once, let the engine fuel up and crank.

If you're pressing multiple times you are essentially going on > off > on > off > on > off > on and only then does it crank in your .5 millisecond expectation :wink:

If I stall trying to move off the line and I can keep rolling forward and not backward, I just pop the clutch back in, hit the start button, she fires up in about 1.5 seconds and then I'm off again :)

Same as I would do with a non start button equipped car really.

Because I pressed...waited (a couple of seconds)...nothing happened...so I pressed again....repeat. 6th time it started. It hates to be hurried into a restart. It's almost like it's saying "#uck off...I'll start again when I'M ready". :roll:

You have just kicked it in the nuts. What do you expect it to say. Let it catch its breath.

I stalled it a fair bit when I first got it ..... this is why to me it feels like normal mode is more like progressive than linear throttle map. It feels like I have to give it some decent revs and that moving off on low revs is just asking for a stall.

I can generally get a car off the line just with the clutch and no throttle easy enough, but it's been somewhat challenging to do in the 250.

I stalled it a fair bit when I first got it ..... this is why to me it feels like normal mode is more like progressive than linear throttle map. It feels like I have to give it some decent revs and that moving off on low revs is just asking for a stall.

I can generally get a car off the line just with the clutch and no throttle easy enough, but it's been somewhat challenging to do in the 250.

I've now had the car for 10 months and I'm still stalling it occasionally! :oops:

Agree though. It's like the RS250 has zero torque at idle or just off. With my last two cars you didn't even need any throttle...you could quite literally step of the clutch at idle and they'd move off.

I've now had the car for 10 months and I'm still stalling it occasionally! :oops:

Agree though. It's like the RS250 has zero torque at idle or just off. With my last two cars you didn't even need any throttle...you could quite literally step of the clutch at idle and they'd move off.

+1

:headbang:

I didn't know you could stall the RS250, doesn't it have anti stall and a dual mass? Not even my recently new to manuals wife has stalled ours.

try driving a old BMW if you want a lesson is driving a manual!