Just bought my first Renault - any yellow?

Chucky_RS250

Hi All,

Just thought I would say hello to all of the forum members and introduce myself as recommended by Joey from Peter Warren.

I am a new owner of an RS250. I have not taken delivery as yet.

My previous ride was a Lotus Elise. For those in Sydney, particularly the Eastern Suburbs, you may have seen me driving around in my yellow Elise (rego CHUCKY). It was for sale last month, but because of my love for it, I just could not let it go, so I am fortunate enough to keep the Lotus and also get the Megane as I need a 5 seat car.

This brings me to my dilemma - what colour?? I have ordered the Lunar Grey. It's a great colour, but I briefly saw a yellow RS250 the other day driving past and it looked great. Great enough to make me reconsider my choice.

If there are any owners of a yellow RS250 in Sydney, please let me know if you would be kind enough to meet with me as I would like to see a yellow car. No dealers have yellow that I know of to view. If anyone knows different, please let me know.

Cheers

Charles

Welcome Charles! Pics of the Elise please 8)

It's a tough choice - the grey looks hot but the yellow stands out a lot. I'd PM John (username: RC182&225) as he's got a yellow 250 Trophee).

Good luck with your choice!

Nice one portal, now this will get the forum going...heheh.

Grey for me...she be bitchin' (which i believe translate into sweeeeet)

BUT...at the end of the day, flip a coin, win-win situation.

Oh, and welcome aboard. :wink:

WOLF

The funny thing is I picked the yellow before I had even seen one on the road or in a show room. I wanted to pick a colour that stayed true to Renault's hertitage colours... that being either Yellow or Blue. I knew it would come in the Liquid Yellow but it didn't phase me... that's until my wife said to me "what if it's the same yellow as a Taxi?". Luckily I'm still happy with the choice. Either way the cars a winner. Welcome.

Welcome.

We drove a yellow one and TBH the yellow felt like a more special place to be in, got a lot of attention and felt sportier, also felt more masculine. IMO the yellow must have solid black wheels and black inserts though, I have no idea what Renault Australia were thinking with the platinum highlights, anyone who has done year 10 art can see the colours don't work together.

Alas we ended up with Luna with 19's and it feels much different, a lot more classy and grown up and from my wife and her mates point of view a much much better option.

Welcome Charles!

I'm a little biased as I've got the LG... wouldn't change it! Love the colour.

That said, every colour with black inserts looks fantastic too. Tough choice.

One thing is for sure, you'll love the car!

The Solid Yellow on the 250 is a very peculiar yellow. In low light or darker environments the yellow comes up a bit flat in colour however when exposed to good daylight or lighting the yellow tends to change to a more vibrant hue. I'm only speaking from personal experience though.

As illustrated in the picture below

rs265wip028.jpg

The only colour I wouldn't go for is the red... don't know why as I've had many red Mazda's but the Renault's feel a bit alien in this colour IMO.

The Solid Yellow on the 250 is a very peculiar yellow. In low light or darker environments the yellow comes up a bit flat in colour however when exposed to good daylight or lighting the yellow tends to change to a more vibrant hue. I'm only speaking from personal experience though.

The only colour I wouldn't go for is the red... don't know why as I've had many red Mazda's but the Renault's feel a bit alien in this colour IMO.

Whoa! You got the roof done in the last week. Nice. I think you're going to need to do the grill/diffuser now though. :D

I agree with you on the red. I think it's too much of a "tomato" red. If it were a proper cherry red, I think it would be a whole lot better.

the rs250 looks great in all colours . i'd go yellow as its matchs the elise .

one day i'll get a 250 in blue or yellow .

tekis grey 250 is classy but wouldnt match your elise .

yellow elise and 250 - perfect garage !