New to renault :)

twofifty

Hi everyone!

My name is Debbie I picked up my new 2011 Renault Megane Cup Trophee RS today.... exciting times. His name is Pierre hehehe

I have driven STI's for about 5 years now so it's a change for me... Loved the styling and the drive of the renault.

By the way- i cant figure out how to drive with the daytime xenon lights on at night with the normal headlights on aswell??? Are they only able to be on seperately???? so many things to figure out :)

Here are some pics:

sam0048f.jpg

sam0044u.jpg

sam0040f.jpg

Welcome to both RS ownership and the Forum!

Where abouts are you? State Etc?

I dont believe you can have both LED running lights on and Xenons at the sametime with the factory setup.

Enjoy the drives and get some more pics up!

Hey Debbie! Welcome!

Re the DRLs, nope, I asked the service manager where I bought & service mine, and unfortunately it's one or the other.

A few niggles, but a fantastic experience! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I am mine!

Cheers,

bozz

Welcome! The 250 looks great in white 8) enjoy!

Any details/pics of your previous rides??

Welcome aboard to both of you.

Your previous rides a sweet too, especially the first subbie.

All the best with your new ride, how are you finding the black - black - now white?

All the best, and let us know of any pending plans of mods,bling, or stock.

Cheers,

WOLF

G'day Debbie,

I noticed that Pierre came from Essendon Renault. How were they to deal with?

One of my jobs is out in Ascot Vale at the moment and Essendon Renault are only just up the road. You from round that area?

Welcome and look forward to seeing you on a cruise. I'm sure Pierre will get along with my Chanel :D

-Dan

Welcome! Great to see so many new Melbourne members, especially those new to the RenaultSPORT brand.

BTW, would Debbie be our first female 250 owning member?

Nah. Danny's been here for ages :twisted:

Yes, to the best of my memory

:lol: Is that why all of y'alls are so friendly to me? :D

Essendon Renault were great to deal with, I already knew I was buying the car before I went in there so they didnt really do the hard sell (they didn't need to) It really sells itself.

I am from Essendon.. where is everyone else located?

The second photo was just edited in photoshop I think, I got them from the 1st owner of the car... sorry I cant be more helpful!

I am very excited to own Pierre.. makes a good change it was hard for me to leave th subaru brand but due to styling, i had to... there new cars are eyesores....Plus they seem to have cut costs and dont seem as sturdy as they used to... saving money me thinks but still charging 70,000 for a newie.... :roll:

Essendon Renault were great to deal with, I already knew I was buying the car before I went in there so they didnt really do the hard sell (they didn't need to) It really sells itself.

I am from Essendon.. where is everyone else located?

The second photo was just edited in photoshop I think, I got them from the 1st owner of the car... sorry I cant be more helpful!

I am very excited to own Pierre.. makes a good change it was hard for me to leave th subaru brand but due to styling, i had to... there new cars are eyesores....Plus they seem to have cut costs and dont seem as sturdy as they used to... saving money me thinks but still charging 70,000 for a newie.... :roll:

The engines in the new Suburu's are still great engines and easy to extract more performance with mods and all, however I was bitterly dissappointed as well in the shoddy cheap build quality they've attracted to shave the building cost such as the cheap plastic mouldings and fixtures. Subaru price tag?... no thanks... the RS250 will do just fine!

They are super quick and great engines don't get me wrong...

But.... I am very particular with my cars and treat them like gold... but that interior- though it looks nice, is not durable in any shape or form... shocking.

My first STI was great... no complaints but this one.... it frustrated me alot. Too refined and too plastic fantastic.

Or did Sydney/Hawaii-Deb mean "Pierre"?

BTW, after 3 years I have finally decided on the perfect name for my car: Pepé Le Pew.

Why? Cos it's French, it stinks (the exhaust that is), and it had 2 white stripes when new! You could even say it is looking for a new cat... converter LOL

PEPE-LE-PEW.jpg

Oh don't get me wrong, "Deb" is a great name, but not for a French car, surely!

And yes Debbie, I was unsure which name Deb was referring to, too (now this is getting confusing!!)

As for the exhaust on mine, yeah, it gets rather woofy, and is very sensitive to which petrol brand I fill up with. Shell makes it particularly bad. I suspect the cat converter to be at fault... will get it replaced eventually, but have had it checked by 3 workshops, all of whom have given it the green light.