Still French & Fantastic - but now a Renault!!

SaintClio

I am new to Renault ownership, 2 weeks ago took delivery of a Clio 200 Cup Trophee. I love it!

Thanks to Pucker for the introduction to OzRENAULTsport! He stalked me down in the Perth hills and introduced himself.

I'm a bit of a collector, have been a Peugeot GTi driver to date - 1987 205 GTi (sold on), 1993 205 GTi (still in my garage - new paint needed), 2005 206 GTi (written off when a tree fell on it during storm in Perth in Feb), also have a a 1967 MGB roadster (restored) for sunny summer drives.

Have to say the Clio is fantastic, was always looking for things to add or do to my GTis, but I can't think of anything I would change on the Clio.

Looking forward to hearing of more Renault news

Simon

Welcome to the fold, S.

Hope your 'B has chrome bumpers :) - it was only the last hurrah that had the horrid plastic ones isn't it?

There's a great group of owners in Perth, I'm sure you'll be welcomed with open arms.

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes Griffyn, the B has the chrome bumpers and grill. The last of the good looking model before the recessed grill and rubber bumpers.

Hi nemz, my Clio is Deep Black, looks great, picked it up as a demo, 2010.

Hi Saint Clio, welcome aboard! Was that the sexy black beast at Magic's a few weeks back?

Cheers,

Justin.

Yep, that was my wee beasty! Was a shame to see her go but a new RS250 beckons. In the meantime I have a 197 loaner, bloody nice car, now I can see what all the fuss is about :)

Yes, thanks for the welcome!

Stock? Yes I think so, can't think of anything I could improve!! Any suggestions? Maybe some personalised plates!

I will organise some photos of the current stable - 205, MGB and of course my heavenly - Saint Clio!!

Cheers, Simon

OK, help me!! How do I best poet my photos?

Simon

You're allowed to upload pics if you create a garage page. Just click on the "Garage" link - underneath the logout button, sort of. Obviously due to storage to storage restrictions, you can only upload a few pics.

If you want to attach photos to your posts, the easiest way is to set up an online photo sharing site like flicker, photobucket etc. When you upload a photo into your flicker (for example) account you're given a URL address for each one. Than you simply use that URL within the img tag: ["img]http://insert_photo_URL_here.com[/img"] - minus the quotations ""

Hope this helps, if not there's a thread somewhere in the FAQ section.

Welcome to another Ex-Pug owner.

I'm new to RS too and have been looking forward to it. I way looking at the Clio for a while but after the 206 GTi 180 I wanted something a bit bigger. I pick up my new RS250 today.

Enjoy the Clio and share lots of pics

Welcome to another Ex-Pug owner.

I'm new to RS too and have been looking forward to it. I way looking at the Clio for a while but after the 206 GTi 180 I wanted something a bit bigger. I pick up my new RS250 today.

Enjoy the Clio and share lots of pics

Congrats,

Enjoy the new 250, if I had a few more $$ I may have been placing a order myself!! Great timing - an extra long weekend to enjoy your new ride.

Hi,

Yes, still think the 205 is a true classic. Main reason I've hung on to it. I may have to open a museum!

The Mi16 change is an interesting idea - maybe an idea for a project. Guessing there would a good number of donors now.

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Time for a "Public Opinion Poll"

Thinking about ordering some custom plates for the Clio - just to set it apart from the all the other 'state plated' cars. But I want to make sure that I don't feature on that 'other' thread on the forum!

In WA we can have up to 7 characters (including spaces) on the custom plate I plan to order. Question is, what should I order. Possible options are:

1. RSC 200

2. CLIO 200

3. CUP 200

So, what do you think, any of the above? None of the above? Something else? RS CLIO is taken!

Thanks, Simon

Hey mate, RS Clio is on that nice 172 for sale here. Might pay to contact the owner and see if he'll sell the plates? Were you in Wilson yesterday?

Thanks for all your sugestions!

Hamish,

What about RS CC?

This would follow on from the excellent plates Justin chose my his (now my) R26 (RS XXVI). Only those in the know would get it.

Very clever! I did think about CC, but as 'Clio Cup' not CC = 200. My only concern is it makes me think of Peugeot 206CC or 308CC.

Nath, Thanks, my first preference was always RSC 200. If I go with this then I think I need to take on the quest to have all 3 'RSC 200' in the same place at the same time!! Would make a great photo!

RSC200 has my vote! (I don't mind you copying :))

Will let you all know if I manage to get approval from the Finance Department (the wife!)

Thanks,

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

I thought that was yours! I used to drive a 206 GTi (Aluminium), sadly it was crushed by some tree branches during the big storm we had at the end of Feb. My service guy said I would be disappointed with a 207 GTi, "get a Clio" was his advice. I believe we have mutual connection, I know Simon Jackson, saw him on the train a few weeks ago and he told me that "Paul with the white 250" lives near me.

Hope to meet you soon.

Simon

Simon,

It's confusing I know, but there were two blue 182 Cup F1s at the station carpark. How likely is that! Even managed to park next to the other one once. The owner of the other 182 lived in Mahogany Creek, but I haven't seen that car for some months now. Does anyone know who it is? I still park mine there every so often so if you see one it's mine.

There seem to be quite a few Sport owners in the hills so a meeting is definitely required soon.

I'm happy to post some pics but haven't much idea how to. It seems you have to upload them onto the web first but I need to be walked through that too.

Paul.