Another newbie to Ozrenaultsport

real_jarod

Hey Everyone, I'm another new member to ozrenaultsport. I'm looking at purchasing a Clio RS 200 cup trophee or Gordini after taking a 20th Anniversary for a spin and I must say that I had a blast. However I'm faced with a predicament where I can't decide whether to get a renault or get a Corolla Levin ZR. So to help I was wondering if you guys could give me an idea of what a typical service would cost. I currently live in brisbane if thats any help.

Welcome mate ,

Standard servicing isn't much more expensive.

The only real place where you fall into trouble is if something were to break. That being said, warranty would cover most things in this instance, or insurance, depending if you were to be in a prang etc.

The clio's are amazing. I do like the look of the levin ZR's but I would buy a clio a thousand times over the corolla. The rolla's are 100kW/175nM, which is less than what my 10 year old clio used to put out. The rsc 200 is 148kW and 215nM.

For the driving experience alone it's the clio hands down. But you'll pay a little more to get it serviced, and the only issue will come when it's time for a big service - since most mechanics aren't familiar with them.

Really depends what you like in a car. One that will last longer than you, being the toyota, or one that won't last as long but will have your smile reaching your ears all the way..

Hi Jarod, and welcome!

The difference between the two you are deciding between will be apparent around Mt Glorious, or any other similar hill. The RS is all about grin-per-k, and very addictive at that :D

I'll let those who own the newer models give you a better idea of servicing costs, but my 182 costs $300-ish for a service-with-extras.

Hello and welcome aboard,

First off, we have a real Jarod in Brissie... he wears flip flops and has but a point on his licence. Heheh.

(ps Jarod: just kidding and hope you fixed your ride).

As for yourself Jarod 200G, this is your new nickname....so i guess you have to get the 200 or G. Heheh.

Servicing is a little up there depending where you go (not mt gravatt), but not sure what they would charge on servicing at Windsor, say around $350ish all up.

Truth be told though, RSC200 vs Levin ZR ....that's like a Lion vs a Pussycat!

Need to figure out your pleasure and budget, but even if weren't on this site, i'd say Clio all the way.

Cheers,

WOLF

Thanks for all your advise guys. I shoud point out that my name is Adrian and that real_jarod is a user name I have used for years now... Sorry for the confusion. I agree with you all I do think the clio is the better choice. To be honet though this all started after seeing the Megane RS 250 and then finding out I might not be able to afford one so decided to take the Clio for a test drive. After having a long talk to my partner I might wait and see what happens with the meh=gane and pricing and see what the Clio Gordini is like at the sydney motor show.

Hey Adrian and Welcome

Does the car have to be Brand New ? Because I know of a mint low km R26 for sale.

Welcome mate ....If you dont like his i have one as well for sale ...LOL

The Clio is an awsome car....the cost of repair is no more than most Jap cars. I have had 5 new renaults over the years and Reanult have never let me down when it came to warranty. Service costs were much much lower than my wifes old Mazda 323. Dont let the fact that its a Renault scare you.

Again welcome.

welcome adrian . i'll be looking at the 250 at the motor show too .

as to the choice ... RSC and RSM .. worlds best hot hatches .

corolla levin ... worlds best hotted up whitegood [ don't do it .. you will regret :]

the gordini name has that ceratin mystique and history lacking in most other brands . and in FRB .....

whers the love emoticon ?

buy one ! you'll like .

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the fun world of owning a RenaultSport. I bought my R26 brand new a little over 2 years ago. I haven't had one issue in that time that required dealer attention.

My father was so excited about the car I bought he flew 14000 km to see it (well he might have come to see his grandson, but he was still pretty excited about the car).

Cheers,