Newbie RSM Lux Owner...

OBS355

Hi guys & gals,

My name is Josh and I am the happy new owner of a 2005 RSM LXR. I have made a couple of posts on the forum already but thought now that I have taken some happy snaps of the ol' girl I should throw them up here and formally introduce myself. :D

I've been modifying cars for pretty much half my life (I'm now 27), and since my wife and I now have a baby on the way, I find myself sitting in the leather trimmed cockpit of a Meggy Sport. It ticked all the boxes of what i wanted car wise, but most importantly it was a 5 door hatch with ample boot space. :dance:

This is my 4th car to date, and if past experiences are anything to go by, I will surely fall in love with this one in due time. At the moment its early days though, only picking it up Monday afternoon and having spent less than a week driving it around town. Needless to say, it is a very fun car to drive, comfortable and handles well. As long as it stays reliable I will be a happy camper.

So just a bit of short vehicular (I think I just made up a new word) history... :popcorn:

First love, will always be the one I wish I never had to sell, owned from 1999 to 2004...

1974 Mazda RX-2 Sedan S3 - this is after I sold it, the new owner took off the 16" rims it had and put original hubcaps back on. I basically rebuilt this car twice over 5 years with my old man, and had 3 different 12A's in it over that time too (1 mild port and 2 bridgeports), there isn't a nut or bolt that I haven't touched on that car.

MyOldRX2.jpg

Second love, wanted to try my hand at the whole 'Jap racer' thing, owned from 2004 to 2007...

1990 Toyota GT Starlet - a few months before it was completely finished off and sold. I had the whole engine rebuilt in the end which was the first high compression GT Starlet motor in Australia. There also isn't a nut or bolt I haven't touched on this car either.

FrontQuarter01.jpg

I only found out about 2 weeks ago that the new owner eventually wrote it off. It still hurts to know I put in all the hard yards with this car only to see it like this...

sdc11445tq0.jpg

Third love, the Starlet burnt me out and I was over working on cars, wanted something I could drive and not do much else with, owned from 2007 to 2010...

2004 Mazda RX-8 - sweet set of 19's and a few little tweaks here and there, thats about it.

RX801.jpg

Today, could it be love?!?

2005 Renault Megane 225 Sport LXR

Front01.jpg

Side01-1.jpg

Rear02.jpg

Rear01-1.jpg

Interior01.jpg

I look forward to being a regular member of the OzRenault community. Everyone here seems really helpful and supportive, hopefully I can be of the same assistance. :headbang:

I have a few ideas for my new acquisition, so I will create a seperate thread for that in the Meggy II part of the forum.

Welcomet to the community.

You'll find the Renault speaks a slightly different language to the japs, but learn to listen and you'll hear it :wink:

what gryf said ^ :D

welcome . btw theres less modding here than on ricer forums [ and i have an evo thats modded to a silly level :wink: ] as the euros and RS in particular get it right first time . hence no need to mod 8) save the money and spend it on a track clio !

Welcomet to the community.

You'll find the Renault speaks a slightly different language to the japs, but learn to listen and you'll hear it :wink:

what gryf said ^ :D

welcome . btw theres less modding here than on ricer forums [ and i have an evo thats modded to a silly level :wink: ] as the euros and RS in particular get it right first time . hence no need to mod 8) save the money and spend it on a track clio !

Don't worry Rob, there won't be any 'ricing' of this little Meggy. Other than a wheel respray any mods will be tasteful and subtle. :wink:

Hi OBs, welcome aboard.

Hope to see you at one of our runs...hopefully the weather clears up for a longer period of time, unless you like the slippery stuff.

As for your Megane, good to hear you'll be taking a different approach. But still, it's your ride, so do what makes you happy.

Cheers,

WOLF

Welcome! Enjoy the forum & good luck with your car. I like your idea of the black wheels with orange lip :wink:

josh , gotta love the starlet .

had a friend with a friend with a worked turbo one ....but kept it looking stock . no one had a clue until he planted it and the thing took off like a dog shot up the clacker !! suprised a lot of people .

Welcome mate.

I see from the plates your a cane toad as well, wolf and the boys do drive days pretty regularly so good to keep an eye on the Qld Drive day forum if your interested in meeting the guys and sharing some awesome corners & stories.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13754