You're a friendly bunch..

Miss225

Yes, all the gents are, but I can't speak for the blokes...

Welcome Miss225! :)

Hope you get benefit from our site. It's a great resource as you've probably already discovered.

You're one a number of female members here who drive a Megane, including my girlfriend (jets4).

Enjoy your stay and don't be afraid to give some back to the larrikins :wink:

Cheers, Dish.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the welcome, and promises of good behaviour :P No Need I'm a big girl now! :mrgreen:

As for your questions - Alas I cannot tell you who has carded me except that it occurred at the Motorshow in Sydney. I did spy a nice yellow R26 nearby though... And I joined the forum thanks to Brendan and Dom who I met at a skidpan day earlier in the year.

The car - Based in Inner West of Sydney, Alpine Blue 5dr 225 - OMG do I love my car!!

Why did I buy it - I like big butts and I cannot lie... Seriously have always loved the look of the meggy's and then decided I wanted a turbo, with rugrats on the cards needed 5drs which narrowed it down to the Mazd 3MPS and the Megane. A test drive prooved the difference and I haven't looked back.

Best track time to date - 1:17:66 at Wakefield. :headbang: You'll like this, I beat a Monaro in the time-attack round with that inspired run by me the newbie... If you have read this far can you tell me do you guys organise circuit days??

Hope that answers your questions.

Hi Miss225, to reply to your post above, the OZRS national meeting was on just last week... (right?) and they did go to Wakefield Park for a group track day.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10325

I think Black R26s are better though

:)

Kind regards,

Matteo

Hi Guys,

As for your questions - Alas I cannot tell you who has carded me except that it occurred at the Motorshow in Sydney. I did spy a nice yellow R26 nearby though... And I joined the forum thanks to Brendan and Dom who I met at a skidpan day earlier in the year.

Ah yes, now i remember who you are :) ....its Julie right? (or have i confused you with someone else :oops: ).....you were very impressive at the motorkhana, and even more impressive was i think you said the car was only a week old back then! Kudos! And a nice time around Wakey too 8)

As for track days, well i think we'll be trying to organise a few more after everyone had a taste for and found out how fun it was at the nationals last week! :) ............But if you keep your eyes peeled in the socials or motorsport activites sections you will see when we have something on :)

Cheers,

Brendan

Miss225

Glad to see your tracking your car and enjoying it. I have a question for you though that a few of us might like some feed back on.

Why did you buy the Megane over the MPS Mazda ? What were the differences from your point of view ?

Any feedback would be much appreciated :D

Cheers

Steve

Well done on the Wakey time - very nice 8)

That could well have been rob 240's Meggy (my dad) as he said he spotted 2 Meggy's at the show & carded one :wink:

Glad to see your tracking your car and enjoying it. I have a question for you though that a few of us might like some feed back on.

Why did you buy the Megane over the MPS Mazda ? What were the differences from your point of view ?

Any feedback would be much appreciated

Steve, I have to state I have no where near the knowledge of cars that you guys likely have..however from my novice point of view the MPS had a shocking amount of torque steer. At around 3000 the car started to shoot of to the left - not nice! And hence that and the fact that I like the uniqueness of the Meggy more it was the way I went.

Interestingly my father-in-law has just got the latest series of the MPS and swears there is no trace of the torque steer now...

Cheers

Julie