hey all....

robbieraver

hey all,

im zac, im in melbourne and in the process of getting a clio sport 172, i have a big history in motorsport mainly in racing motorbikes (road) and a long love affair with mountain bikes.

Ive always liked little cars with big motors, it started with an 85 civic with a b16c in it then to a eg civic with a b18c and then and then and then...........

Im sure this will interest alot of people, i work at TRUTRACK SUSPENSION, so for your handling needs ask away or just drop in for a coffee.

cheers, zac.

http://www.trutrack.com.au

cheers all for the welcomes,

im now the happy owner of a black clio sport 172, thanks to DISH and JENNY, they have passed there beloved clio on to me.

all it needs now is another 100kw, ap brakes and recaro seats and roll cage and semi slicks and koni's and and and and and and and....................

:D

but i think i will start with rims koni's and eibachs :wink:

Congrats! Keep us up to date with all the stuff you're doing to her. Out of interest, which rims are you looking at??

Cheers

cheers all for the welcomes,

im now the happy owner of a black clio sport 172, thanks to DISH and JENNY, they have passed there beloved clio on to me.

all it needs now is another 100kw, ap brakes and recaro seats and roll cage and semi slicks and koni's and and and and and and and....................

:D

but i think i will start with rims koni's and eibachs :wink:

amen brother!

well at least i know the konis and eibachs are a good thing!

Welcome Zac

Mate of mine Emanuele is great mates with Ralph at Trutrack and sends all of us there for our alignments. Small world.

Enjoy the 172 mate :wink:

hey all,

im zac, im in melbourne and in the process of getting a clio sport 172, i have a big history in motorsport mainly in racing motorbikes (road) and a long love affair with mountain bikes.

Ive always liked little cars with big motors, it started with an 85 civic with a b16c in it then to a eg civic with a b18c and then and then and then...........

Im sure this will interest alot of people, i work at TRUTRACK SUSPENSION, so for your handling needs ask away or just drop in for a coffee.

cheers, zac.

http://www.trutrack.com.au

Hi Zac,

How long have you worked at TruTrack?

I've taken several of my cars there for alignments, and also had a swaybar fitted to an old Pulsar years ago.

To others in the forum, I highy recommend TruTrack!

Ben

sounds like black 172 was the right choice,

ive been at trutrack now for 2 years, awsome place, lots of crazy people coming and going all day long with the cafe next door with the workshop out back.

choice of rim will either be the 182 cup rims or speedlines, all depending on cash flow at the time.

where will it end, when i have 200kw 700kg 172, hmmm now where is that hack saw :twisted:

I can see 200kw. But i don't see where your going to save 300kg and bring it down to 700 kg ! That would be awsome if it could be done though. It would be a seriously quick machine !

My Datsun 1000 weigh's 625 kg from the factory. All metal too lol.

Cheers

Steve

no hack saw here, maybe a hole saw and some lexen windows and fibre glass bonnet/ front guards :D

but puncher your right down 300kg from stock is just a pipe dream, i dont want to give up air con/power steering/ cumfy leather seats and the 1000 of other things i would have to remove to lose 300kg.

maybe a koni or two and some eibachs with a set of ap's thrown in for good measure, oh and that free flowing exhaust and CAI, cant forget that recaro also..

no hack saw here, maybe a hole saw and some lexen windows and fibre glass bonnet/ front guards :D

but puncher your right down 300kg from stock is just a pipe dream, i dont want to give up air con/power steering/ cumfy leather seats and the 1000 of other things i would have to remove to lose 300kg.

maybe a koni or two and some eibachs with a set of ap's thrown in for good measure, oh and that free flowing exhaust and CAI, cant forget that recaro also..

I thought the front guards were already light-weight plastic?

Just need to replace the rest of the panels then!!

lets start with the roof then, all that weight so high up :D

on a serious note, picked up the 172 on thursday night and took it for a quick spin down forrest/apollo bay rd then on to the great ocean rd and then up deans marsh rd and back home while i was down at forrest, yes thats the name of the town,

dang these little cars can handle, very impressed indede, ive worked and setup many and had many test drives on and off the track, the only thing lacking is a bit of tuning/power, a bit more timing here and bit of fuel there.

cant wait to get some more tyre and track down there with some eibachsand koni's.

ive been reading to death about exhausts for RCS 172,and that poor search function is sick of me so im just going to ask........ what /who is the best to go for....a full exhaust (no cat thank you)

from searching most people choose to NOT modify their RCS but for me a stock car is just like a blank canvas, ready to blossom in to the mona lisa....

True robbie. But our beloved RSC's are already a Mona lisa :wink:

Cheers

Steve

ah how true you are, im restoring the mona lisa to its true beauty via more power ...

If i was to upgrade my drive train one of the first things i would do is fit an LSD. I would love to see someone on here do it, race it and give some track day lap comparison :D

Yes i can hear you's saying 'why don't you do it puncher ?'. Well id love to. But I don't race my car :cry:

Any takers ? 8)

Cheers

Steve

ah how true you are, im restoring the mona lisa to its true beauty via more power ...

If i was to upgrade my drive train one of the first things i would do is fit an LSD. I would love to see someone on here do it, race it and give some track day lap comparison :D

Yes i can hear you's saying 'why don't you do it puncher ?'. Well id love to. But I don't race my car :cry:

Any takers ? 8)

Cheers

Steve

dont think its a far away as you think

its not me tho :P

Yes chris I can think of a possible candidate too. But up until I see it, I won't be holding my breath. Makes you wonder though. If the results were positive why does'nt Renault do it from stock or at least have it as an aoption ? Or then again maybe Renault possibly has tried it and did'nt see any worthwhile gains ? Then again look how much the R26 benefited from it ? Car journo's rave about it. Surely the 197 would be an animal with one ??

Cheers

Steve

That's the point puncher. It cannot go quicker than the meggy, otherwise they'd be shooting themselves in the foot!

Well that does'nt explain why the earlier model RS Clio's did'nt have LSD, as they were on the market before the RS Meganes. But I can see your point. But, the Clio is already quicker than the RS meganes anyway, except for the R26 :wink:

Cheers

Steve

ive fitted many QUAFE lsd's to track spec minis and many other cars mostly GTRs but recently to a challenge mini for the six hour just been, the difference was amazing, this team had 3 identical challenge minis but one with a QUAFE and the one with the QUAFE was quite a bit faster, some mush so that he won his class.

this is is on my list....

my ever growing list, i brought this car because there already fast but now look whats happened im already making a wish list and a need list and a want list.

good question, we have fitted a beefier clutch and lightweight flywheel at the same time the minis, but id say about the 600-700 mark,

cheers, zac.

Thats for labour right ? Whats a Quaife diff cost to buy before you install it ?

Cheers

Steve

Aaah 2k ?

so roughly $2,500 to fitted ? that sounds reasonable to me. considering the benefits you get. definetly will look into it if and when i get around to doing a clutch 8)

Hey Robbie. Where abouts are you ? your not in Adelaide right ? :roll:

Cheers

Steve

Robbie, Believe me, Id LOVE to take up that offer !!

I will hold on to that thought. Meanwhile, don't hold your breath :lol: ( i mean that in a nice way :wink: )

I have quite a few ideas id like to unleash from this great forum. All in good time, I hope :oops:

Cheers

Steve

eibachs turned up today at work....

worked on dish and jennys meg today got a bit more camber out of the front, if your there dish hope it feels better, and i can always make it feel a lot more sharper with a bit more tweaking........

• 4 weeks later...