Northern Beaches 172 Newbie

macca197

Hi All!

I'm a newbie to the forums (thanks to Deb) and currently own a iceberg silver 172 on Sydney's Northern Beaches, I've had the car about 18 months now and love it, I'm officially a fan of Renault! : ) I'll post some pics up soon!

I have a deposit on a Black 197, but seeing the lack of equipment that it seems to be coming with, I'm having 2nd thoughts about that!! Just saw the pics that Qubic put up of the one spotted in Adelaide and from what I can tell it's looking a pretty bare minimum spec, was hoping it would at least come with xenons again!

From the looks of those pics it doesn't even come with the keyless entry/start button like the UK spec does, guess I will have to wait and see!

Welcome Macca!

Be very interested to see you report on the 197 when you first see it (I'm assuming you'll get one of the first looks, having paid a deposit)

Enjoy the forum!

What would you buy if you decide the 197's not for you??

Macca, congrats on joining the forum.

for any 197 related info i would send dannos(username) a PM with any questions that you have

we will definately have to come out your way for a drive soon! which part of the northern beaches do you live?

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your welcomes and the info, I have pm'd dannos, I noticed he has posted that he has posted that he has a pdf of the specs, which I would like to see!

I'd be keen to come along to one of the social events, I live in Manly Vale, I've seen a few 172s and 182s around plus the occasional meggy sport.

I'm having trouble deciding what car to go with if I decide against the 197. I've driven the Golf GTI, which was a great drive, but I sometimes find the looks a bit boring and I like having a clio knowing it's a bit different, compared to the massive number of GTIs I see everyday!

I have also driven the Megane 225, which was fun! But I can't decide whether or not I like the look of the rear end! : )

I have some thinking to do it seems! Any recommendations?

I have also driven the Megane 225, which was fun! But I can't decide whether or not I like the look of the rear end! : )

Think you just gave yourself the answer!

I like having a clio knowing it's a bit different

Welcome aboard macca :D

Don't be too alarmed by the pics of the 197 spotted in SA. I have a strong suspicion that what we'll be getting here will be a slightly facelifted model.

Welcome to the forum, I am only here a bit before you - driving Regie the Victory Yellow R26 in Mona Vale... Hope to 'bump' into you somewhere locally....

Hey gdgordini, yeah I saw your post just before mine, I'm sure we'll see each other on Pittwater Rd at some stage.. I think I may have even checked out your car, parked at Warringah Mall :D

Don't be too alarmed by the pics of the 197 spotted in SA. I have a strong suspicion that what we'll be getting here will be a slightly facelifted model.

Thanks Dish! I hope so!!

I took some dodgy pics of the car on the way home tonight... bit dark, I'll have to get some better ones soon. Can anyone tell me if these are the standard wheels or optional?? I haven't seen them on many other clios that I've seen around

DSC02528.jpg

DSC02529.jpg

DSC02532.jpg

DSC02527.jpg

Those are aftermarket wheels. Looks like the owner bought some Renault centre caps for them though.

I've seen your car fairly recently actually but I can't remember where it was parked. I live in Crows Nest so we are up that way occasionally. When there is a game on, look for the R26 parked at Brookvale oval.

Thanks for the info guys, no wonder I haven't seen them around! I actually quite like them, think they suit the car quite well. Had no reason to think they were aftermarket :P

Thanks Deb I'll keep an eye out!

I like the rims too, make the car look more solid. Not a big fan of the really thin rims on the Clio. It's such a small car it needs something more substantial.

welcome !! my first car was a renault and am well and truley back in the fold and loving it .

you'll enjoy .

best of all ........ ITS NOT RICE ..... like everyone else has these days .