A belated hello

berniebern

For those of you who don't know, in 2006 3 days after picking up my new 172 I was caught speeding and lost my license for 6 months. For the next 6 months after that leading to the impending court date it just never felt like I really owned the car even though I could still drive it. It felt like I was driving a lost soul with no real owner. Then I completely lost her. Now.....11.999999999999 months since that day, the countdown is on to finally getting my license back. Tonight I'm like a kid on Christmas eve, just waiting for midnight to strike so I can open my present and go for a bit of a drive. It's as if I am a new owner all over again and why I am here, introducing myself.

I'm Bernard. I'm 29. I'm French. I'm Victorian. I'm a RenaultSport owner.........................And I own a 2002 Iceberg Silver 172.

Here's to safe driving, respect of not only the law but my car and a lessoned well learned.

Welcome again!! On the eve of your 3rd year on this forum :shock:

Enjoy your drive 8)

welcome again (first time to say welcome for me :D).

I'm sure as soon as got your license back you'd be on the road.

I some what know the feeling. I didn't loose my license, I lost the car. Three years with out one cause of uni. So every time friends and I would head out for anything worthy of driving too, I was always "Can I drive, Pleeeeeeease???" ;P.

Have much fun with the first drive back.

I have a feeling that a Melbourne gathering is due to welcome berniebern back onto our camera-filled roads!

Sounds indeed like a lesson hard earned. Glad you're through it!

Sensational. I got into the car at about 11:56pm and as soon as 00:00 clicked over I started her/him up. I smiled.

I ended up going for a midnight Maccas run to Smith St and decided to take the Eastern Freeway to get there, making good use of the onramps :). Even saw a FRB 182 going in the opposite direction. I smiled.

And then on Wednesday morning I lost............................................the car again but only for 8 hours while I had the belts changed at Alpine Affair.

Nah it wasn't like the first time again. When I took delivery of the car I stalled it about 10 times before getting the car home !! It was much better this time around. Gear changes were smooth, takes offs were precise and 2nd gear was my best friend rather than my enemy. As I said before I now feel like I really own the car and I have something to be proud of rather than an impending loss of license. I also feel like I can finally start learning more about the car and paying more attention to these forums. The ING account needs a rest after yesterday but I'm definitely looking forward to taking the expert advise of people on here and getting the most out of the car.

So where can I get a Samco hose? Anyone care to start a new remap thread :wink:

Hash....I was caught in August last year then being my niave self, thought I could take my clean driving record to court and get some sort of a let off. That bought me another 6 months until Feb 2007 where I received a MANDATORY suspension for 6 months. You can't get off unless you plead not guilty......der !!!

Sensational. I got into the car at about 11:56pm and as soon as 00:00 clicked over I started her/him up. I smiled.

I ended up going for a midnight Maccas run to Smith St and decided to take the Eastern Freeway to get there, making good use of the onramps :). Even saw a FRB 182 going in the opposite direction. I smiled.

And then on Wednesday morning I lost............................................the car again but only for 8 hours while I had the belts changed at Alpine Affair.

Nah it wasn't like the first time again. When I took delivery of the car I stalled it about 10 times before getting the car home !! It was much better this time around. Gear changes were smooth, takes offs were precise and 2nd gear was my best friend rather than my enemy. As I said before I now feel like I really own the car and I have something to be proud of rather than an impending loss of license. I also feel like I can finally start learning more about the car and paying more attention to these forums. The ING account needs a rest after yesterday but I'm definitely looking forward to taking the expert advise of people on here and getting the most out of the car.

So where can I get a Samco hose? Anyone care to start a new remap thread :wink:

Hash....I was caught in August last year then being my niave self, thought I could take my clean driving record to court and get some sort of a let off. That bought me another 6 months until Feb 2007 where I received a MANDATORY suspension for 6 months. You can't get off unless you plead not guilty......der !!!

Welcome back from your penance.

How much did the Timing Belt service cost and how would you rate the Service?

It was about $800 including an A Service. You will not find a better price in Melbourne I reckon.

Can't complain about the service. Car was ready on time and the piece of mind knowing the guys working on your cars have done this many times before is reassuring, especially when you are dealing with complex changes like this.

Welcome... That's not what I want to here, I only have 2 points left.... any big speeding find and I'm a gonner!!!!! ARRRGGGHH. I couldn't bear it!!! I'd almost just get my friends to come over and drive me around... better that just sitting in the garage I guess!!! haha. I gotta hold out till early next year when I start getting some big points back...