Hi all

Psycho

G'day everyone,

I'm hoping to soon become a fellow RSC owner (will be my first hot hatch :) ) so I figured this would be the place to come. Seems like you guys have an awsome forum here with heaps of discussions and a great community. I look forward to joining in and getting to know some like minded enthusiasts.

Cheers,

Matthew

Hi Matthew :D

Welcome to ozrs :D

Lets hope to see you will be in an RSC soon :mrgreen:

Enjoy the forum

Cheers,

Brendan

1 Minute return rate! Getting better Brendan!

Welcome Matthew. Good luck with the purchase. Looking for a 172 or 182? Or just anything you can get your hands on?

welcome!! i know what the anticipation can feel like! i hope u find ur baby soon.

good luck!

Alex

Welcome to the forum Psycho!

With your knowledge from this forum, you'll know more about the lil' beast than any of the dealers. It's a good spot to bargain from.

Best of luck, and I want to see photos when you manage to find one! :mrgreen:

Ooo this now makes 3 people from the GC! About time we got a stronger RS following on the coast.

Welcome Matthew, hope you find your new beasty soon. A good place to start (if you haven't been already) is Cartwright Euro. They're the Renault dealer on the coast and have been really good to me so far. Last time I was there they had 3 182 Cup's in FRB. Probably all gone now but worth a look anyway.

Hi Matthew, welcome and good to here another Goldy boy gettin on board, I was in Cartwright Renault monday and they still have a French Racing Blue 182 cup with the stripes i also know of an orange 182 cup with the stripes for sale privately on the Coast if your interested, hope you get your self into one soon. 8)

And yeah Cartwright are really good to deal with.....

Its looking like i'll smash my initial budget and go for a new 182Cup (the one at Cartwright). The resale value and extreemly enthusiastic fans base make me a bit more comfortable to do so....plus there are bugger all 182Cups anywhere in Australia :(

Any optional extras I should demand?

OH, and im going to ask the dealer to ok a after market intake (K&N Apollo most likely).

Its looking like i'll smash my initial budget and go for a new 182Cup (the one at Cartwright). The resale value and extreemly enthusiastic fans base make me a bit more comfortable to do so....plus there are bugger all 182Cups anywhere in Australia :(

OH, and im going to ask the dealer to ok a after market intake (K&N Apollo most likely).

go for it!! i did!!

The Clio's don't have any optional extras besides dealer fitted stuff like tints and alarm (and cruise on some 172's) so maybe try for something like that? Don't bother with the Ming paint protection, a few have it, most don't. It's honestly not worth the money IMO.

If you speak to Craig in service (and tell him Grant sent you :wink:) he will be fine with the induction kit. He is with mine and actually thinks its a good idea because you save on having to buy a paper air filter every x amount of services. They're also installed my Eibachs and tomorrow will be installing by sway bar too. They're honestly only too happy to do this kind of stuff.

ask for the splitter that a lot (most?) of us missed out on! :)

Put a deposit on a privatly sold Blood Orange RSC 182 Cup F1 with the stripes (no special plaque but whatever).

Its a 2005 model with only 17,000 km on the clock.

Gonna try and get everything sorted by tuesday/wednesday and I'll get some pics up asap.

Now, whats the best way for me to purchase a K&N Apollo? Autobarn can get one for $250 but ive seen people get em cheeper. The Cartwright guys said they can install it and definitly understood the desire to get one in there :)

Put a deposit on a privatly sold Blood Orange RSC 182 Cup F1 with the stripes (no special plaque but whatever).

Its a 2005 model with only 17,000 km on the clock.

Gonna try and get everything sorted by tuesday/wednesday and I'll get some pics up asap.

Now, whats the best way for me to purchase a K&N Apollo? Autobarn can get one for $250 but ive seen people get em cheeper. The Cartwright guys said they can install it and definitly understood the desire to get one in there :)

Nice one! Congrats Matthew

Was this the one in Sydney?

Congrats. The orange looks nice on the internet (and I've never seen it in the flesh)- would have preferred it over the blue, but you can't be choosey when shopping secondhand over the colour!

If it hasn't got the plaque then it isn't an F1 Cup- it will be the same as mine with the larger rear spoiler (which still seems smallish to me? :lol: ) and the stripes. If they're trying to sell it as an F1 then tell them it isn't ; Redbook values the F1's as being worth more so they could be trying to flog it off as one for that reason. :wink:

Yep orange sure is a beautiful colour. My most favourite out of the entire Clio range. Photos don't do that colour justice.

I'd also do the K&N install yourself. It's been documented a few times and if you got stuck you can always ask one of the many people on here (myself included :)) on how to proceed. It's an easy install, I even managed :lol:

I'm now the very proud owner of a Blood Orange RSC 182Cup with full F1 spec! I like roudabouts now :)

Big thanks to SCD who put me intouch with the seller. Couldnt have gotten a better deal anywhere in Australia.

So now what? Looks like we have a bunch of Gold Coasters now, including a brand new RS Megane. We should do something in the weeks to come :)

(I'll try and get some pics of the wee beasty when i get a chance)

I'm now the very proud owner of a Blood Orange RSC 182Cup with full F1 spec! I like roudabouts now :)

Big thanks to SCD who put me intouch with the seller. Couldnt have gotten a better deal anywhere in Australia.

So now what? Looks like we have a bunch of Gold Coasters now, including a brand new RS Megane. We should do something in the weeks to come :)

(I'll try and get some pics of the wee beasty when i get a chance)

good stuff Psycho - here's hoping you're not one behind the wheel :D

have fun up north with your RS siblings!

hehehe, indeed it is Psycho :wink: and it just keeps getting better and better, believe me!

Welcome mate, and congrats on the purchase. I absolutley ADORE that colour on the Clio, and I'd be driving one today too if the finance company hadn't been such pricks... :( *sigh* (it's Griffyn's car now... )

As for the colour, it is one of 15 that came to Australia in that shade, all with stripes (some now without), and no plaques were fitted. They are not the F1 edition, but just a limited edition. The F1 never came in that colour BTW, only FRB.

Cheers, Dish.