Meg 3 RS 265 - I'm in love!

Needamegane

Hi Gents

Newbie here - just picked up a 2013 Renault Megane R.S 265 Cup @ 44,000 kms just over 2 weeks ago now. What a car this is. Car is basically stock besides a pod filter and a totally revamped sound system, first owner spent $3000 on it at Lifestyle Entertainment with Focal speakers (nice sub in the boot). Super happy with the sound system to be honest.

Told myself I'd keep the car stock for a year and now after a week or two of planning I intend to install a CGR automotive 3" decat downpipe + ITG Intake (better for temps than my one stuck behind the battery) + Wagner FMIC + a tune at RP motorsports. Parts will be slowly accumulated (downpipe already bought) as funds allow and hopefully all installed and tuned in a few months.

Found lots of info here which has been useful - hope to see some of you around as well!

20220213_105003.jpg

• Like 9

3 hours ago, SimonH said:

I had the CGR decat on my 250, was good with centre res removed and stock rear muffler.  Could be worth checking the RSTuning group tuning when Paul is out later this year. 

Thats good to hear. I have a res delete and stock muffler too. Wanted a bit more noise, all I can hear is the intake atm.

Who installed the CGR for you?

Edited by Needamegane
update

4 minutes ago, JDB said:

44,000 km in 8 years !

Yep crazy!! Car was sitting in his driveway with spiderwebs on it...still has a hint of that new car smell. Leather interior in mint condition.

I don't drive to work so she sits in my garage indoors so hoping to keep it in tip top condition. Will definitely take it to a track though.

Nice pickup.

I'm guessing you've read all about the gearbox mount bolt failures - it's a simple fix to drill out the standard 10mm bolt and replace with a 12mm bolt and it gives you that little bit extra piece of mind that your gearbox won't drop onto the road.

Cheers

Justin

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jberth1 said:

Nice pickup.

I'm guessing you've read all about the gearbox mount bolt failures - it's a simple fix to drill out the standard 10mm bolt and replace with a 12mm bolt and it gives you that little bit extra piece of mind that your gearbox won't drop onto the road.

Cheers

Justin

No actually first I heard of it. So I went to the service history and found that Renotech had "replaced gearbox mount bolt" as an item - reckon they did this or just replaced with another 10mm bolt?

59 minutes ago, Needamegane said:

No actually first I heard of it. So I went to the service history and found that Renotech had "replaced gearbox mount bolt" as an item - reckon they did this or just replaced with another 10mm bolt?

Renotech did the same for me as well, they would have put the right one on no doubt. Happy days!