Travel bubble. How the heck are ya!

RallySportNZ

Hello, Graham here. 

Rejoined because I lost my old email address.

Have had my (main bitch) Megane F1 since 2009 after purchasing it from a friends work mate who was going to trade it on a BMW, he was offered 16k for it at the time when they were still selling for high 20's.

Plan was polish it up and flick it off but after a couple of weeks of driving it I feel in love and the rest is history.

12 years later I must have spent well over 100k on it in various states of tune or disrepair. It has spent most of its time with me as a competition car, mainly tarmac rally and a bit or boring round and round track stuff. 

I have just retired its tarmac set up where it was fast enough to be the fastest 2WD car on Tarmac stages on our last rally. 

Hope to be a bit more active on here and am happy to help with any Megane II questions as I now realise I have replaced nearly every nut, bolt, sensor, clip and major part on a Megane II. Have also tested most performance parts available and had a few levels of tune so know what works... and hundreds of tyres. 

I have also had two Clio's, one non RS with a few enhancements and one RS in Europe, and a few more Megane's including the fist Megane 3 RS in NZ. I currently drive a stock yellow R26 a few days a week with near 200,000km on the odometer. 

Great to see an active club still going!

D122B6AE-6064-4892-819C-1BAE61274C34.jpeg

15E2F60B-0994-45F7-AA24-0E1593ECB2B4.jpeg

F94B05E0-E7F6-4C36-912E-F218F92F33AA_1_105_c.jpeg

8121A651-D1B8-42F5-88FC-2F7D83F1E498.jpeg

4848B221-576E-4024-AFA1-DE5B2461D2D2.jpeg

2FC12FA7-3F1C-404C-80F9-6864896460F0.jpeg

6009245E-6F2D-4773-AF4A-76B38FB371BD.jpeg

Edited by RallySportNZ
  • Like 16

Apex is back?! 👏

Edited by speedfiend41
  • Like 2

What a great collection of cars. You Kiwi's seem to have a lot of fun - good roads and a national passion for driving them hard seems to help!

I have a large contingent of family over there but none of them owns anything quite so interesting. That said, a bit of swedish flick of a mid-90s RAV-4 on a dirt road is still fun in and of itself! Fears of toppling aside...

29 minutes ago, DOOOOK said:

Come across any other Mustang drivers since your last post?

You probably saw I brought that up but then deleted it just in case it brought on some PTSD - man was that bloke ANGRY!

Thanks for the welcome (back) guys.

NZ has some great roads, like Tasmania. We have some awesome un-sealed roads also with lots of camber.

My wife and I have driven from top to bottom over the last 12 months or so, it has been great to explore New Zealand vs going over sea's where a holiday can sometimes be more economical.

Haven't come across any more Mustangs thanks Dooook, the guy retired soon after that event thankfully.. After fitting the Mk3RS motor and cranking up the boost I can say I would have hit him a lot faster with that set up. 

Now that i'll be a noob on gravel, I expect people will be catching me, after watching the young guys in Ford Fiesta ST's over the weekend I will have a fair amount of learning to do. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 17/05/2021 at 12:49 PM, RallySportNZ said:

Thanks for the welcome (back) guys.

NZ has some great roads, like Tasmania. We have some awesome un-sealed roads also with lots of camber.

My wife and I have driven from top to bottom over the last 12 months or so, it has been great to explore New Zealand vs going over sea's where a holiday can sometimes be more economical.

Haven't come across any more Mustangs thanks Dooook, the guy retired soon after that event thankfully.. After fitting the Mk3RS motor and cranking up the boost I can say I would have hit him a lot faster with that set up. 

Now that i'll be a noob on gravel, I expect people will be catching me, after watching the young guys in Ford Fiesta ST's over the weekend I will have a fair amount of learning to do. 

12 months exploring NZ?! That's an awesome trip. Did you take one of the Renault's? I'm moving over soon and looking to spend 2 months exploring (mainly the mountain roads) before settling down for work. Keen to hear how your experience was.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, woosh said:

12 months exploring NZ?! That's an awesome trip. Did you take one of the Renault's? I'm moving over soon and looking to spend 2 months exploring (mainly the mountain roads) before settling down for work. Keen to hear how your experience was.

I actually took the wife's Lexus IS the first trip because its an automatic and she isn't confident in a manual. We went down the east coast as far as Invercargill then took the west coast all the way back up to Nelson. 

Second trip was in the Jeep so we could do some more "scenic" stuff including a few trails. 

I enjoyed the trip in a car more TBH, a station wagon would be ideal as you could sleep in it if needed be to save some money and give you a chance to stay at some great locations. 

Where are you going to be based when you move? If you get stuck, feel free to hit me up for some advice, have done most of NZ with Rallies and can help with route planning.

https://www.instagram.com/lonewolf_nz/

Edited by RallySportNZ

On 18/06/2021 at 7:06 AM, RallySportNZ said:

I actually took the wife's Lexus IS the first trip because its an automatic and she isn't confident in a manual. We went down the east coast as far as Invercargill then took the west coast all the way back up to Nelson. 

Second trip was in the Jeep so we could do some more "scenic" stuff including a few trails. 

I enjoyed the trip in a car more TBH, a station wagon would be ideal as you could sleep in it if needed be to save some money and give you a chance to stay at some great locations. 

Where are you going to be based when you move? If you get stuck, feel free to hit me up for some advice, have done most of NZ with Rallies and can help with route planning.

https://www.instagram.com/lonewolf_nz/

Sweet thanks for the suggestion re station wagon. I'll definitely send you a message when I touch down. The pics from your trips look unreal!

• 1 month later...