New RS250 Monaco GP owner

SherwoodRanger

Hi All,

New RS250 Monaco GP owner here.

It required a timing belt immediately. 93,000 without ever having one replaced. Got that done yesterday along with the water pump and other part in the kit.

TBH, I don't think the coolant was ever replaced previously.

Unfortunately, the expansion tank has cracks in it at the top, so now there's more work to do. May as well get the thermostat done too.

Cheers

• Like 1

Yeh the termostats go at around that time. I had 2 x 265s and both needed to be done. i did 1 myself and it was straight forward but a pain in the knuckles lol

On 30/03/2021 at 2:09 PM, anthonyremax said:

Yeh the termostats go at around that time. I had 2 x 265s and both needed to be done. i did 1 myself and it was straight forward but a pain in the knuckles lol

TBH, I haven't had a close look in there, but it looks like there's not much room.

I have a bugeye WRX which is a PITA to bleed the cooling system. Are the RS easy to bleed?

Looking at the expansion tank, the coolant looks quite diluted since the water pump was replaced. I'll have to put the litmus paper in there to check.

Just found out today from the dealer that no parts are available from Sydney/Melbourne because Renault have shut shop for 2 weeks. Not sure what that's about, but it's bloody inconvenient!

On 30/03/2021 at 7:03 PM, tripleturbo said:

Great car congrats!

Thank you very much!. Now have to get the old WRX ready for sale.

On 31/03/2021 at 10:23 AM, JDB said:

How about a pic ?

Crap photo, I know, but I stopped on the way to work

15 hours ago, Xrsism said:

Yep pictures and edition number or it never happened.....

237. Do you want a pic of that too :P

IMG_4112.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JDB said:

looks smart in white and black rims

Yeah, I like it! The 19s make a bit more harsh on the road (and tyres probably a lot more expensive!), but they go well together. Not sure if you had a choice with the Monaco GP when purchasing new, but they certainly suit.

• 2 weeks later...