BNE - R275 Trophy

Adz

Hi everyone!!

I recently picked up a LY RS275 Trophy. Its my first Renault, so I have been doing lots of ready and searching around the forum (I found the search button!!)

I had planned a few simple mods, namely Downpipe, Intercooler and tune. But im already stuck on the DP! 

I was reading the sites and see the Koya Works DP seems like a good piece of kit, but it seems out of reach for QLDers. I messaged Koya Works and have not had a response yet, so not sure how to actually buy it. 

Next was the intercooler, but im not sure if this will be an issue in QLD with Rad and Oil temps.

Any tips from QLDers as to what products they have used and where to get them fitted would be awesome!!!

Hopefully I can catch some Brisbane members on a cruise soon

Cheers,

Adam

• Like 1

Hi mate congrats on the 275.

Yes I had 2 x RS265s and did tunes etc on both.

Ok 1 was just a tune and was hilarious funny. No other mod and was great all year - no heat issues etc

My other had tune, cat, intercooler full exhaust so was of course a bit quicker and had some real scary hustle when hitting top of 2nd and 3rd. Again no heat issues with intercooler. All gear was pretty much ex KTR UK and i need to do an order for my 280 so if you want to split shipping let me know lol

13 hours ago, Adz said:

Hi everyone!!

I recently picked up a LY RS275 Trophy. Its my first Renault, so I have been doing lots of ready and searching around the forum (I found the search button!!)

I had planned a few simple mods, namely Downpipe, Intercooler and tune. But im already stuck on the DP! 

I was reading the sites and see the Koya Works DP seems like a good piece of kit, but it seems out of reach for QLDers. I messaged Koya Works and have not had a response yet, so not sure how to actually buy it. 

Next was the intercooler, but im not sure if this will be an issue in QLD with Rad and Oil temps.

Any tips from QLDers as to what products they have used and where to get them fitted would be awesome!!!

Hopefully I can catch some Brisbane members on a cruise soon

Cheers,

Adam

Congrats on the purchase mate. 

I'm happy you're deciding to stick with the Akra and just changing the downpipe. 

Also would love a pre and post video when this ends up happening. Not many vids on a downpipe upgrade on 275 Trophy's on the net and I'm really curious. 

13 hours ago, anthonyremax said:

Hi mate congrats on the 275.

Yes I had 2 x RS265s and did tunes etc on both.

Ok 1 was just a tune and was hilarious funny. No other mod and was great all year - no heat issues etc

My other had tune, cat, intercooler full exhaust so was of course a bit quicker and had some real scary hustle when hitting top of 2nd and 3rd. Again no heat issues with intercooler. All gear was pretty much ex KTR UK and i need to do an order for my 280 so if you want to split shipping let me know lol

I'm running just a tune on my 275 and I couldn't imagine the front end being able to handle much more power on stock suspension. Luckily the LSD's use genuine wizardry to propel me in the desired direction. 

Did you feel any difference with understeer or your right leg just required more finesse coming out of the corner?

I've got a cobra catted downpipe (entire turbo back in fact) . Have not had any issue with it. Be prepared to pay a bit for the install as it does take a few hours. Requires drive shafts to be removed for access. Great sound though. 

Also have the Wagner intercooler. Reno tech recommended this one as it still let's air flow to the rad. Been faultless so far. I got next to no heat soak through summer after struggling the one prior in day to day driving. 

I'd also recommend the 4ch short shifter. Great kit for the money and really makes the gearbox feel more sporty. 

Edited by Docmattic

3 hours ago, ak275 said:

I'm running just a tune on my 275 and I couldn't imagine the front end being able to handle much more power on stock suspension. Luckily the LSD's use genuine wizardry to propel me in the desired direction. 

Did you feel any difference with understeer or your right leg just required more finesse coming out of the corner?

Understeer was only an issue if I was being a total tool when starting at a traffic light turning 90' and in first Id light it up lol. The diff really sorted most of it out on all other situations, but yeh of course you would get drift/centrifical force push the car out but not as much understeer as you would think. Made the car so fun

• Thanks 1

Welcome Adz , If your keen to take your car on the race track let me know .  We have a great group of people doing track days in Qld . The more Renaults the better.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 07/03/2020 at 4:09 PM, tripleturbo said:

Welcome Adz , If your keen to take your car on the race track let me know .  We have a great group of people doing track days in Qld . The more Renaults the better.

Thank you!!

Im keen to get out there on track, Lakeside DTC as well is fun too!

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/03/2020 at 5:09 PM, tripleturbo said:

I’d be keen to find out more about track days. Just bought a 265 cup premium with stage 2 tune and something done to the exhaust (loves to pop and burble in Race mode!). Previous owner didn’t explain the exhaust mods well (he bought like that).

On 04/06/2020 at 10:05 PM, MikeSK said:

I’d be keen to find out more about track days. Just bought a 265 cup premium with stage 2 tune and something done to the exhaust (loves to pop and burble in Race mode!). Previous owner didn’t explain the exhaust mods well (he bought like that).

Sound like you have a nice car there mate. I will let you know the next track day I will be at. I mainly do time attack and sprint both at Lakeside and QR. I also have a really good mate that organises breakfast and laps. 

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
On 05/03/2020 at 8:35 AM, ak275 said:

Congrats on the purchase mate. 

I'm happy you're deciding to stick with the Akra and just changing the downpipe. 

Also would love a pre and post video when this ends up happening. Not many vids on a downpipe upgrade on 275 Trophy's on the net and I'm really curious. 

Its been a while, but the downpipe has finally been done. (Covid delayed it a little) Custom 3 inch off the turbo all the way down to sleeve onto the existing Akra system.

After coming highly recommended by another Meg owner, I got the car to https://menatworkexhausts.com.au/ to custom make the DP with sports cat and new flex pipe. 

Im really slack and should have got some photos to show the size difference. The stock flex pipe shrinks down very small where it enters and exits the flex.

The volume has increased a little as has the pops and bangs. My wife drove the car this morning and she had some pops driving in normal mode which she had not noticed before.

Service and tune next on the cards 💥💨

• Like 1

Nicely done. Those guys at Capalaba do quality work. I've been there for a few of my cars in the past. Reasonably priced and happy to work with you on what you want, and also explain the work that needs to be done.