Tkb89's Clio Iii 200 20Th Anniversary Le

tkb89

Hey all,

So a few month's back I posted on here looking for a Megane RS250 but after looking around in the Perth market there was very little choice and room for negotiation. This led me to start looking at the Clio iii's and it just so happened that there were two of the 20th Anniversay Edtions for sale at the same time (pretty good considering there are only 3 in Perth). So after test driving both I ended up buying #26. Haven't got too many modification plans for her yet but the Akrapovic sure is tempting!

Anyway, please see the obligatory photo below:

post-20931-0-66568800-1441853974_thumb.jpg

Looking forward to being a more active member of the forums.

Trent

• Like 4

Nice choice Trent. 

The CLIO III is a beauty and especially the 20th A/mod.

I suggest that you simply remove the rear parcel shelf to get that extra burble you are looking for from the exhaust at no cost and a great outcome.

IMO the Akropovic is not worth the $ and you can simply put the shelf back in whenever you want.  :)

If the stock speakers haven't been replaced by the previous owner, you will probably want to. Check out the I.C.E. discussions to see the great simple speaker swap options.

Hey Andrew,

Yes I did test drive a Megane and definitely liked it but was just really struggling to find the one that I met all my requirements and budget. So in the end I probably still would have preferred the Megane but the Clio is still an excellent option.

For me a few of the big things that drove me down the Clio path were:

• Slightly cheaper maintenance
  • Got the premium package with all the fruit but didn't have to pay the $25k-30k that I would have had to on a Megane to get the same
  • Cheaper tyres :)
  • Was quite impressed with the "rev-ability" of the Clio vs. the Megane

I'll be taking her up into the hills this weekend for a proper run. Can't wait! :hyper: :hyper:

P.S. I have done the parcel shelf and lowering seats mod and was suitably impressed!

I'll be taking her up into the hills this weekend for a proper run. Can't wait! :hyper: :hyper:

P.S. I have done the parcel shelf and lowering seats mod and was suitably impressed!

The run in the hills will be awesome. It's scary how hard you can go into corners. The chassis feels so balanced and controlled.  :mrgreen:

Yeah the seat lowering trick...too funny... :rofl:

Post up after your run. :news:

Here's a good link if you swap out the speakers: http://ozrenaultsport.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/24082-clio-3-200-speaker-swap-for-rockford-fosgate-t152/

Edited by apple3337