Floored newbie

stng.renault

Hi Guys

I've been lurking for long enough. I picked up my white RS265 Trophy+ on Wednesday. I loved the demo that I drove, and my new Renault Sport has just confirmed the wisdom of this board and my decision.

My biggest surprise: how amazingly user friendly the audio control system on the steering column is. I have an MX5, and it has really good steering wheel mounted controls, with different texturs for each button so you don't press the wrong one, but the Renault solution is even better. Always in the same spot, perfectly placed to use and with a lot of functionality that is really simple to use by touch alone. Piece of genius.

As for the rest of the car, I don't think there is anything I could say that hasn't already been said.

This board and all it's members have been great as a source of info. Thanks. Now back to the garage...

Sim

Welcome to the forums Sim, and congrats on the purchase!

It's funny you rave about the audio controls; I do agree with all your points, but the Australian motoring media love to take pot shots about it. Mind you these are probably the same people who think headlight controls on dashboards and electric window controls on center consoles are great, if you get my drift :)

Where are you located? Might be a drive day coming up in your state :)

Once again welcome!

Thanks for the welcome guys. I noticed that the audio controls cop a lot of flack, so I guess my expectations weren't high. Turned out the media don't always get it right :)

I'm in Melbourne. Love to join a drive day. Heck, just love the idea of sitting in my car at the moment.

There aren't many cars that give you the sense of enjoyment driving it in it's (or even above it's) price range. Great choice in the Trophy+. I really wanted the Recaros but honestly, the comfort seats in this car are almost as good without the difficulty of getting in and out of them.

Enjoy the car and look through the forums for so many mods and tips you can do to improve your overall experience of the beast. Next thing you should consider is removing the centre resonator. For just over $100, you'll have almost as good a sound if you spent thousands on a full exhaust system (if you want to go down that route).

Thanks for the welcome guys. I noticed that the audio controls cop a lot of flack, so I guess my expectations weren't high. Turned out the media don't always get it right :)

I'm in Melbourne. Love to join a drive day. Heck, just love the idea of sitting in my car at the moment.

This. This sort of thing is always just fantastic to hear. Welcome and congrats mate, see you on a drive day sometime soon.

Welcome~

I used to have a 2007 NC MX-5! Until someone T-boned me that is....(Additional Chassis braces probably saved me)

You wouldn't happen to be driving along on the intersection of Westall/Heatherton Roads on Saturday arvo? :D...

Had a White RS250/265 flashed me and I gave him a peace sign LOL...

How did you get a 2014 RS265? Was told by the dealer that all remaining Trophy+ stock are 2013 built...

Anyway! Welcome!