New R26 Owner

RedMistVIP

Hey guys.. Just picked up an LY R26 a few weeks ago from a forum member on here.. Absolutely loving it so far..

My last car was a DC2R Integra, I had it for 10 years and never saw myself driving anything but a Japanese car. I put the Honda online for sale just to gauge any interest and it sold in three days.. Was pretty shocked how fast it sold and wasn't that prepared to wave goodbye.. :evil:

After four months of test driving all kinds of cars, I couldn't find anything that I liked.. That changed when I got behind the wheel of the R26. A friend of a friend has an R26 and I had driven it once and been passenger a couple of times, but not enough to understand what these cars are capable of. I bought the R26 on a whim and haven't looked back.. :hyper:

Stoked to be able to get into the tuning day with Henk as well, just in time!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

zl5u.jpg

9d3z.jpg

Thanks man, No mods beside the tune yet... I haven't even ran a full tank of petrol through the thing yet.. Its my daily, but I don't do that many kms... Will see how the car goes after the tune, I'm expecting a decent improvement.. Sometimes the boost/power curve seems to be fairly flat, other times it feels like a rocket..

I remember the revelation when I got a haltec installed in my R33 back in 2002.. Transformed that car so much..

Hoping for similar results with the tune..

Welcome and nice choice!

You think it's good now? Wait for the remap. :)

Short shifter and high performance tyres are also a must IMO.

Yeah, thats what Im hoping for with the remap :hyper:

Would eventually like to look into the short shifter, the gearbox is so silky smooth though..

I feel for you, I still miss my dc2r, but trust me, you'll won't be disappointed moving to a renaultsport. I sold my dc2 r in 2005 in 12 hours to the first guy that saw it!

Yeah the first and only person that saw mine bought it, only had 112,000km and was in mint condition.

img7760web.jpg

Welcome and nice choice!

You think it's good now? Wait for the remap. :)

Short shifter and high performance tyres are also a must IMO.

Yeah, thats what Im hoping for with the remap :hyper:

Would eventually like to look into the short shifter, the gearbox is so silky smooth though..

True, but the throw is too long IMO...

Welcome, liquid yellow is the second best colour for a Megane so you have done well.

Have had a few good battles with Integra's on track and they are surprisingly equal in performance!

More biased praise here, great choice!

As portal said, the short shifter is brilliant and probably the best bang for your buck mod (barring a remap)..

Enjoy!

Yeah, Its a bit of a drama getting bits shipped over from the UK? AndrewJeffstar on meganesport,com.. ?? :dance:

More biased praise here, great choice!

As portal said, the short shifter is brilliant and probably the best bang for your buck mod (barring a remap)..

Enjoy!

Yeah, Its a bit of a drama getting bits shipped over from the UK? AndrewJeffstar on meganesport,com.. ?? :dance:

Yep andrewjeffs is the man, unlike the ridiculous prices for shipping from say Ktec,I don't recall it being too bad from him.

You do have send him back your original linkage once you've fitted his modified one, FYI.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hey guys I got a tough question but who sells/ makes a good short Shifter for a Rs 265?

I want one that not only makes shifty quick and fast but also visually. I have so many people comment while sitting in my car that the gear stick to almost poking out the moonroof.