Hi from MeggieGT

MeggieGT

Hi everyone

Looking forward to picking up GT220 on Wednesday. I'm keen to get some 19" wheels quickly so hopefully there will be some good info on the forum especially re the current offset of the oem 18" serdard wheels. Otherwise, I'll pull off a wheel and look for myself on the weekend. I'm excited about being a Renault owner!

Welcome and congrats!

I reckon the 19" RS250/265 Steevs would look great on a GT. Mind need some lowering springs though :wink:

What colour are you getting?

Thanks. Getting white. I agree the Steev's would be great. If anyone has a new or near new set available, please let me know. From a quick look at some posts in the forum earlier tonight, I think the 19" and 18" oem wheels share a similar 63 or 65 offset so apart from the Steev's looking good on the GT, they'll fit without hassle!

I think the 19" and 18" oem wheels share a similar 63 or 65 offset so apart from the Steev's looking good on the GT, they'll fit without hassle!

That would be awesome - could look like this photoshop I did (with some lowering springs). I'd be checking the PCD etc too, obviously.

8728005754_ae1dfda26b_b.jpg

White wagon on steevs by www.autofocus.net.au, on Flickr

Welcome :)

I haven't checked myself but the lack of perfohub on the GT220 may also reflect in wheel interchanges.

There was some talk on a German forum about wheel swaps but it was confusing as the have Perfohub on some but not all RS Coupes.

GT220 hubs/brakes are from a Laguna GT which may help with getting info.

Hi and welcome..

What city are you in? (You can add details in your user control panel for display)

Hi BUSGO

I've added Wollongong NSW to my Profile. Thanks for the suggestion. Given this is a national forum, for everyone's info, Wollongong is approx 1 hr south of Sydney.

I think the 19" and 18" oem wheels share a similar 63 or 65 offset so apart from the Steev's looking good on the GT, they'll fit without hassle!

That would be awesome - could look like this photoshop I did (with some lowering springs). I'd be checking the PCD etc too, obviously.

Hey walkie86, the photo is BRILLIANT. Exactly what I want mine to look like! Just need to first find the wheels (and then maybe some eibach springs). The Steevs aren't listed as an upgrade option but I'm trying to see what i can do in this regard.

PS walkie86, I have absolutely no idea what's involved with photoshop, but thanks heaps for the effort. If its 'easy' could I ask for the same photo but with ROH Mantis Black wheels. The wheels with the mix of black and the machine face interest me (sort of similar to the Steev??) and even though I don't know the offset, they do show up on the JAX site as being suitable for Megane GT. I'd attach a photo of the wheel for you but as a real newbie, I don't know how! But as I said, I have no idea what photoshop involves so please ignore if it involves considerable time. Cheers.

Hi Meggie

Welcome here and congrats with your new and awesome car,tommorow it will be the big day :hyper:

I personely don't like the Steevs and would go more towards this

19-inch-wider-rear__PI_7517_2_2_600_600_600.jpg

but no matter what the end result would be, it's gonna be a pretty hot car :wink:

Big cheers 8)

Hi Meggie

Welcome here and congrats with your new and awesome car,tommorow it will be the big day :hyper:

I personely don't like the Steevs and would go more towards this but no matter what the end result would be, it's gonna be a pretty hot car :wink:

Big cheers 8)

Dutchie, Thanks and I also like your suggestion. I actually had some similar 19x8 mesh Breyton wheels on my recent Octavia RS Wagon. If I can't get the Steevs, I'll have to look aftermarket but from some initial research, I haven't been able to find a 19x8 - 5x114.3 with even a 53 offset (let alone the standard 63). What size/specs are the BBS wheels you've suggested? But hopefully the Steevs will appear from somewhere!

PS Just saw them on the JAX site, not showing up as suitable for Megane GT - not a lot of info provided so not exactly sure why.

FWIW going from 19s to 18s (not 18s to 19s) on my Megane was the best car modification I've ever done, so don't get rid of the 18s too quickly :wink:

Hi SupremeMoFo

I noticed in sale section, you previously ran 19x8 with ET45 on your RS with no width or rubbing issues. GT doesn't have the boxier wider guards of the RS, do you have an opinion on how low the offset could reasonably be on GT? Obviously apart from technical implications there is always a subjective view re what looks good to each of us.

I can't find any information anywhere to indicate that the offset on any other Mk3 Megane is as high as the RS250/265. I'd suspect it's closer to +45 or +50.

British Renault forums are pretty useless as far as I can tell, and mostly full of chavs, or people who can barely form a sentence without drooling on their keyboard and shorting it out :( finding information can be like pulling teeth.

Still, out of interest, from what I can find out 8" wide with ET45 offset should be a safe bet for your car. Granted yep the GT220 doesn't get the flared arches and so on, but it also doesn't get the huge C-shaped hub carriers that are PerfoHub - the hub should basically sit where the strut is, like a normal McPherson strut front suspension design. So the hub should sit further in and the offset should be lower to compensate anyway.

This is probably your biggest help -

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showpost ... ostcount=2

I use 225/35/20 on 7.5 in 42 offset 20 in wheels and the wheels are well inside and good on suspension clearance.

By the sounds of it you don't want Steevs at all - +65 offset sounds like a bad thing for it.

Any possibility of meeting up with someone in Sydney to try a Steev briefly?

EDIT

Jackpot.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-iToXdtAkNbg/U ... oys_05.jpg

That's an RS replica. Guy bought it as a writeoff and kept adding stuff until it looked like an RS. Done an alright job, still seems stupid to me. Anyways - see how far the 19x8.25" +65 Steevs are within the guards? That's WITH 21mm spacers fitted. So normal Megane offsets are definitely much lower unless the GT220 is a special case.

SupremeMoFo, Thanks for the info. Maybe RS & GT do run quite different offsets. If so, then aftermarket wheel options should be easier and I'll leave the Steevs for RS drivers (don't want to think about spacers if that's what ends up being required to make them fit to the GT). I guess the absolute sure fire way to confirm the offset of the 18" serdard wheel on the GT220 is to actually pull off the wheel and have a look, which I'll likely do over the weekend. I'll post my answer so we'll all know for future reference. Cheers and thanks again.

Hi all, I've got my white gt220. Nice! It feels great. I think I'm smiling as I drive it. The auto stop feature is sort of cool but sort of weird as well - take some getting used to I guess. Can't wait to go for a decent drive. On the wheel offset issue, I can update as follows. Took wheel off at dealer, took photos of inside info and sent them to Renault Australia to confirm. I have an email from them stating;

"8 = width in inches

J = Rim profile

18 = Rim diameter in inches

5 = Number of wheel bolts

CH = Rim design

49 = Offset in mm

Co-incidentally, the PCD is 114.3 mm"

So there it is, it is different to the RS. But can I say, prior to me sending them the photos seeking confirmation, they had emailed me yesterday advising the GT220 offset was 65, same as the RS! You'd think it'd be on a spec sheet somewhere. But anyway, I (and everyone on the forum) are now clear. Thanks again to everyone who tried to assist with info. Hopefully I've made it easier for the next GT enquirer.

So no Steevs for me. Aftermarket it is. Offset 45 (and probably as low as 40??) should be ok. But for now, while I appreciate the outside of the car and entertain the thought of 19's etc, I think I'm going to chill out for a bit, and with that smile on my face, appreciate the view and feel from behind the steering wheel.

Good plan :)

Yep, I'd guess 19x8 +40 would be safe given how far in the wheels seem to sit already. +45 is more common though.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/results. ... cial=false

There's some ideas for you based on an Accord Euro (Acura TSX) - right PCD and offset (like most Japanese medium FWD cars)

• 1 month later...