A die hard clio fan!

Dutchie

G'day Renault fans

I am happy that i found this great forum! Born and raised in Holland and lived there for 30 years and now in this great country they called Australia for 8 years :D In holland i started with my first clio a 1.4 in 1994! Next step the 18.16v.Than i bought a clio williams(till today best car ever for me) After that with heaps regrets i bought a 14.16v clio with a clio v6 styling kit worth $12000. Big mistake was that. Now 10 years and different cars later i bought a 2008 model 197 but registrated jan 2010 :D Love the car and personelly i am so happy that i can enjoy the FR4 :wink: Anyway it's good to enjoy the Renault fun again and hope to swap info,expierence and to help eachother!

Big cheers from Melbourne

Sander

Welcome, seems you do like Clio's!

Great to see a Dutchman around here also, my Grandparents were Dutch and I have a lot of Dutch friends.

Welcome Dutchie!

Not sure you sound convinced the clio is the car for you... :clown:

Seriously though, awesome Clio history. A true clio die hard.

LOL the clio was and is the car for me, but you feel the car is heavier than the 18.16v or Williams. Still an awesome car and LOVE the looks :lol: on my way to work this morning a little drag with a v8 falcon(not the latsed model) and he couldn't keep up. Those moments create a big smile on your face LOL

Hahaha, I live in the western suburbs of Melbourne where every other car is a Commodore. I often beat those idiots in short drags from the lights in my 200.

Best one was a guy who yelled out to me (in his beat up Ford Falcon SV6) that I was driving a girls car. I proceeded to kick his a*** when the lights went green, was almost laughing at his stupidity. I think he thought I was in a Barina or something.

Hahaha, I live in the western suburbs of Melbourne where every other car is a Commodore. I often beat those idiots in short drags from the lights in my 200.

Best one was a guy who yelled out to me (in his beat up Ford Falcon SV6) that I was driving a girls car. I proceeded to kick his a*** when the lights went green, was almost laughing at his stupidity. I think he thought I was in a Barina or something.

Ahhhh memories from the old western suburbs and your right every second car is a commodore or a falcon.

I grew up in Braybrook but now live in QLD for the last 8 yrs.

welcome aboard mate sorry to go of topic there :D

I'm sure you will enjoy the Clio, I myself bought an RS250 Cup but still keep thinking about that RS200 i left in the showroom :(

The 197 is a great car congrats!