Renaultsport new boy

david156

Hi all

New to the forum, just ordered a new 265 Cup in white, pick it up Wednesday, can't wait :D

First time I've owned a French car, had Alfas, BMW's and VW's before, looking forward to driving something a bit different for a change.

Looks like a great forum too.

Dave

Very good!

I'm on my 2nd** Frenchy. Driving around a yellow 8.08 265. It's a tonne load of fun and appreciate it's uniqueness around the place all the same.

Congratulations on the purchase and be sure to post up pics when you finally pick up the ride!

catchya around the forums

Welcome along mate, well you do have a taste for Euro :wink:

Won't be left down with the RS

Cheers fellas..I'm a Pom (please don't hold that against me), so Euro cars are the norm for me.

Trading up from a MK V Golf GTi, very nearly didn't even consider the 265 as I didn't think the build quality would be up to much, but was in Melbourne the other week with a bit of time to kill and just happened to see a white one in a showroom, thought it looked pretty cool so I went in for a proper look and was really impressed with it...then I drove one...what a great car, so glad I did!

Will get some pics up to show off soon, dead excited, long time since I've had a brand new car :)

Welcome Dave. We all know you will be enjoying your new wheels soon, as we all do.

@Chaicopo,,, I do believe the 8.08 is your 2nd Megane right?

Congrats, you are going to love how much more exciting the RS is over the golf. I got my 265 a couple of weeks ago... first french car too. The more I drive mine the more I love the thing.

Finally picked it up today, had a delay sorting out the finance paperwork so couldn't get it Wednesday.

Well worth the wait though, came back from Gosford down the Old Pacific Highway, most enjoyable :D ..the car just grips and grips..quite a different animal to the Golf, I could potter around in that like it was a run of the mill hatch, the 265 feels as though it wants you to wring it's neck everywhere, going to struggle to keep the points down on my licence in this!!!

Enjoy the 265, good choice in great colour, it wont take long & the golf will b a very distant memory!

Cheers weetbix

Absolutely loving it so far, although I wish the default setting on start up was for sport mode, who buys a 265bhp car and doesn't want all the power all the time :)

Very impressed with the build quality, no rattles or squeaks, the switchgear isn't quite up to German standards but still pretty good.

There's a few French quirks I've come across so far, to get the climate control to match zone temps you have to hold down the "Auto" button for 2 secs and the cruise control switch is in an odd place, plus the stalk controls are a dark art that I think may take more than a day to master!

But as all you guys will already know, it feels alive and wants to be driven hard all the time, I've had all sorts of cars over the years but I've never felt as connected to one so quickly, it's a superb machine and it looks stunning (I'm biased of course)

Unfortunately I've got to work all weekend so its now parked up in the garage at work, probably for the best.....as you say, double demerits this weekend, it's a difficult car to drive sensibly!!

There's a few French quirks I've come across so far, to get the climate control to match zone temps you have to hold down the "Auto" button for 2 secs and the cruise control switch is in an odd place, plus the stalk controls are a dark art that I think may take more than a day to master!

Matching the climate control by holding auto is something I didn't know. Which side does it match it to? The driver or passenger? Anyone know how to keep the air recirculation permanently closed? I hate the auto feature, still lets in fumes before its too late.

Matches to the drivers' side, dunno about the recirc though, think I've got a bit of manual reading to do!

HEHEHEHE I was gonna suggest just this during your weekend work schedule...

Lovely car mate. :headbang:

That I did not know! Good tip!