New 182 Cup on the block - My first car!

alex_hazard

Hey All,

So I know I've already made a few newbie posts about little things like springs, tyres and exhausts, but I thought I'd introduce myself. So about 2 years ago, I convinced my Dad to buy a black 182 Cup for his girlfriend, as I'm huge a petrol head and knew about Renault Sports in hope that maybe one day I'd get it. Anyway, we got the car home and Dad loved it so much he wouldnt let her drive it. 2 years down the track, I am 17 and 11 months and need a car for P's. So I decided to buy the car off him for a reduced price given that he is looking at a 250/265/200 (unsure yet). So this is my new 182! So far its bone stock, 77,000km and is pretty damn clean. Needs a new set of tyres, and I'm super keen for it to make a bit more noise but I'm on a limited budget. Will be considering for DIY intake but, and maybe looking at a piper exhaust? You'll probably see it around fitzroy/northcote/prahan a lot.

Anyway just thought I'd introduce myself! :D

Cheers,

Alex

IMG_5838.jpg

IMG_5874.jpg

IMG_2736.jpg

IMG_5870.jpg

IMG_5875.jpg

If you want noise, go for the KTEC induction kit. I reckon it does add a bit of hp in the mid range (tiny tiny amount), and it sounds like demons. Or you could go home made too.

Exhausts are another good option - they sound sh*t when they're stock.

If you want noise, go for the KTEC induction kit. I reckon it does add a bit of hp in the mid range (tiny tiny amount), and it sounds like demons. Or you could go home made too.

Exhausts are another good option - they sound sh*t when they're stock.

Domlebo, I'm considering taking out a foglight, running piping up to an open cone filter with a samco pipe and might do a bit og heat proofing round the cone. Something that gives a nice roar. I've heard running a direct feed from fog light can cause them to run lean though?

Domlebo, I'm considering taking out a foglight, running piping up to an open cone filter with a samco pipe and might do a bit og heat proofing round the cone. Something that gives a nice roar. I've heard running a direct feed from fog light can cause them to run lean though?

I can't imagine why it would run lean. The ECU should adjust it's fuelling so it doesn't occur.

Be careful with running it through the fog light - you don't want water ingress harming your engine (need a sizeable amount of water though). Intake length is also crucial for sound. Too short and it's droney, too long and you affect performance.

what would be your recommendation for a DIY intake in terms of filter type, whether i source air from fog, keeping in mind I want to maximize intake noise but not loose power. Any power gain is just an added bonus

Thanks guys, KTEC sounds good but will have to pay rego first! Very exciting, 1 month till I can drive it about. First purchase will be a set of direzza starspec Z1's. They're supposed to be amazingly tacky and pretty close to an R-spec tyre but not. Also would love an OMP front strut brace and obviously an exhaust but they're pretty expensive for someone still in high school!

Dont worry about mods - just use your pocket money on maintenance and driver training.

This.

Congrats on the car, Alex. If you want some more noise, just pull the side air feed out of the standard airbox - will save you cash and still sounds tough.

Alex,

I am a little jealous. LOOK at the condition of that thing!! I bought my 182 Brand new when I was 21 or so, and to this day wish I still had it. I've considered buying another one and perhaps selling the 250, but that may be a while away.

Don't get rid of it. It's a gem! Wow and congrats.

Dan

Thanks for the advice everyone :) ill definitely try the stock airbox method, but being the type of person I am I will definitely be keen to tinker and muck around with it. Will probably buy an itg open cone with a samco pipe and cold air feeding from round the light and grill! :D

Alex,

I am a little jealous. LOOK at the condition of that thing!! I bought my 182 Brand new when I was 21 or so, and to this day wish I still had it. I've considered buying another one and perhaps selling the 250, but that may be a while away.

Don't get rid of it. It's a gem! Wow and congrats.

Dan

Thanks so much Dan!

I'm stoked to have it, I've spent the last year cleaning and detailing it to the enth degree. Yes I am car obsessed, once I sold my KTM this was my new pride and joy before it was even mine

• 1 month later...