Imminent newbie in Melbourne!

Paultron

I've been lurking here hardcore for the last couple of months, while making my decision on which new car to buy... Finally put a deposit down on a RS265 808 today at City Automobiles! Looking to pick it up later this week/next week (the sooner the better!).

My daily driver up to this point has been a '99 WRX. I've loved this car, but was sorely in need of an upgrade. I wanted something that was as fun to drive, but had a few more of the 'modern' features that I've never taken for granted... Like cruise control (lol). I've been through all the usual alternatives - Golf GTI, Golf R, Focus ST, WRX, test driven most of them, but nothing compared to the RS250. I know I'm preaching to the choir when it comes to talking up the Megane RS here, but man that thing feels good to drive. That combined with some less than stellar sales assistance from VW and Ford (not going to name names here), and the decision was made. Plus seeing the Liquid Yellow 808 that arrived at City Autos today in the flesh... So here I am now!

The last decision I need to make is whether to take the Liquid Yellow or go for one of the Pearl White ones. In either case, I'll probably be black vinyl wrapping the roof and diamond badges early on. The yellow looks amazing but I'm just not sure if I like standing out like that... So either of these two options:

Renault-Megane-RS-265-Trophy-4.jpg

2012-Renault-Megane-RS-Trophy-White-Side.jpg

(Have to imagine the black roof on the white one, couldn't find a pic)

I'll post an update when I pick the car up, and probably throw up a few pics... Hope to see some of you on the roads soon!

Welcome aboard. Preaching to the choir indeed :)

That yellow is the only colour I would consider upgrading to from my blood orange. The white can look very classy though. Make your own choice - you're going to live with it :)

Congrats mate and welcome aboard! Needless to say which colour I'm recommending to go with!

But you can't go wrong with either one!

The temptation for me to move up to the 8:08 is proving to be very hard indeed now that LY is available in for the Meg...

But I know that purity of the feel for a 200 will be something I know I will regret letting go of. Decisions!

Thanks for all the replies guys, I'm getting pretty damn excited... Starting to lean towards the white today after sleeping on it :roll:

Why not get a White Trophy+?

It's white, and has the black roof by virtue of the fixed sun roof?

That was the other option I was considering, but unfortunately it's unknown exactly when they would be arriving, and I'd have to option the seats and RS monitor (not really keen on the GPS, expecially now that it's a larger screen), which could also blow out the delivery time... So it was really a choice between waiting an unknown amount of time, or going with something I knew would be in stock straight away :D Plus, it's limited edition! :rofl:

Welcome mate, you can't go wrong with either colour, both are full of pearl & incredible finishes.

I have the Pearl white with black roof & black badges on my ltd edit RS200, pics in my garage may help you decide.

I think youve picked the best model 265 with the 808 too,

Oh thanks for referring me to your pic, your car looks awesome! Definitely going to help me make the decision I think :D

Haha hey Paul! Matt from CA here :)

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Hey Matt! I thought you were on here somewhere :) I didn't get to sample your famous coffee yesterday... Perhaps when I come in to pick up the car!

I'd probably go LY, but neither colour will disappoint. Either way, don't forget to update the 8:08 register thread once you pick it up, and please, upload some pics.

I'll totally be updating the register as soon as I know which number I'll be, and getting some pics up :)

Welcome welcome!

Liquid Yellow = Future Classic and life long membership into the cool kids club.

White = Fridge.

Either way I'm sure we are all jealous.

Welcome welcome!

Liquid Yellow = Future Classic and life long membership into the cool kids club.

White = Fridge.

Either way I'm sure we are all jealous.

Agreed either way you can't go wrong.

Have you seen the Pearl White its a vastly different finish to the other whites which are just a solid colour?

My fridge is silver like your 250 :rofl: .

Touché, only my car is not Silver though, its Luna Grey and I would agree its a very boring colour that my SWMBO picked, I would rather, Blue, Red or Yellow, I would positively love for it to be Liquid Yellow and had they made the 250 in LY I would have made sure that was the colour I got, its a true Renault Sport colour!

I'm telling ya, a LY 8.08 is the one that will be the classic of the Megane III range... or Renault will just offer LY on any model soon

Maybe I can just paint my white fridge Liquid Yellow and put some stickers on it, would look a lot like a Clio only more aerodynamic? :booty:

Maybe I can just paint my white fridge Liquid Yellow and put some stickers on it, would look a lot like a Clio only more aerodynamic? :booty:

You'd need more than stickers. A diffuser at minimum and probably carbonfibre badges too...

Just picked the beast up! Liquid yellow 808... Absolutely ecstatic with the car, just about to go on a long drive to show off to the family in ballarat. Will post some pics on a better day, once I've got some :D

Thanks everyone, loving it, and I'm very happy with th LY :D

Very nice, I'm a fan!

I know it hasn't been long, but what are your thoughts on the driving experience thus far?

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I'm overseas at the moment for a month, and I'm missing my new toy so bad! The thing drives like a dream, so fun in the corners :). I haven't been pushing it too hard as its not run in yet, but I have had a few "vigorous" drives when th occasion calls for it... Managed to rack up 1000kms in the first week and just had the 1st service done, then had to leave it straight after :(

Also had the 3M stone chip protection done on the front by Ozishield, looks great, and by great I mean you can't see it at all, only the line on th bonnet if you look very closely. Now I won't be so nervous on the highway drives :roll:

Can't wait to get back!

• 2 months later...