Hey from Perth

[MARZS]

Hey guys,

I'm Marcel and new to the Renault scene...previously (trying to sell) a 1992 Subaru Liberty RS that I have loved for the past 4 years, but its time to move onto something else.

Just bought a 2007 Megane Cup...from my mum lol

It's only done 45,000kms and has been serviced really well.

Would love to get a bit of a note from the exhaust, and thats about it really, I'm pretty happy with the rest of the car but keen to find out more about them...and hope the mod bug doesnt bite too hard like it has with previous cars :)

Cheers

Marcel

Welcome mate!

You'll find the aftermarket scene isn't huge but with good reason - they don't need much doing to them!

A cat-back exhaust (search some other users' threads) and RSTuner remap is about all a 225 needs 8)

GLWS of the Subie.

Thanks mate, it's a fun little car to drive around in...nice to cruise around in, but then you can put your foot down and have some fun, then back to cruising around again :)

what is the go with exhausts and flashing the ecu??? essential? and can you put a EBC on these?

You dont need an EBC, the factory boost control with a reflash is up to the job and much simplier. As mentioned have a look for the RSTuner, www.fastchip.nl

Cat back exhaust options have been discussed on here, but you can also introduce a nice note by removing the center resonator and backbox (muffler) which works out cheaper.

Welcome btw. My background is in Subaru Legacy's ala perth-wrx and rslibertyclub. Still have a 92 RS in the family.

Enjoy the Megane.

Howdy there!

For a simple, cheap mod, I'd recommend starting with removing the rear muffler with a custom-made pipe. Cheap, effective and reversible.

RSTuner is where it's at for me, although my car has a stage 2 dyno RS Tuning map on it.

Welcome Marcel, bring on the pics! Yes, definitely a drive day soon on the cards also! :)

Will have to go take some pics and post them up. I've got a couple of ideas just to make the car look that little bit different, but nothing drastic. It's a black car, so the red brembos really stand out so I'm looking at sticking with that red/black theme.

I'll look into the exhaust mods and then possibly the Ecu re-map, and I'm very keen for the drive day!!!

• 3 months later...

Thought I'd leave this here as well...happened about a month ago. Driver of a ford ranger didnt see my carparked on the road at 5:45am under a street light and clooected the rear qtr panel. Needless to say it got a fair whack.

Insurance is covering it, but there is $15k in panel damage, 2 wheels need repairing, and the suspension needs a new bracket somewhere (not sure what exactly) because the wheel has moved 25mm forward and has toe in like no tomorrow.

All parts ex-France so a lengthy wait to get it fixed :(

*******NOTE******

DO NOT CRASH YOUR MEGANE OR HAVE IT CRASHED INTO!!!

All up im looking at getting the car back around CHRISTMAS!! if I'm lucky.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/580/img0868cb.jpg/

Bugger! That sucks! Bloody tradie Utes! Hope she gets fixed well. I got Lombardis to fix my 225 Cup and they did an amazing job. $15k is bound to make her better than new!

• 3 months later...

***UPDATE***

So I've had the car back from the panel beaters for about a month now, and it looks great!!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/706/img1036l.jpg/

not the best pic, but it needs another clean since then being black

loving being behind the wheel of it agai, but looks like the girlfriend does aswell, and has given me permission to buy a new car (4WD) so the mod bug has been squished :(

I'll just enjoy driving it until she takes it over and I move into a 4WD

Have some new front and rear pads and rotors on the way from K-Tec as well which are desperately needed...hanging out for them to be delivered so I can fit them