A wannabe newbie - finally added some pics

GeeGee

Hello all,

Just saying hello, I am looking for a weekend run around that is fun to drive and have been reading about the Clio Sports.

Thought Id join the forums, and so many people saying they love the drive - its fun etc.

Anyway, I am determined to get one, now or eventually.

So hello!

Forgot to add, seen a Gordini on carsales in Perth - im in love with it, but I live in Syd.

Anyway looking forward to some give and take and discussion.

Not sure where to post yet, but what are peoples thoughts on 197 v 200?

I took the 200 for a spin and my god what a drive, I actually felt like I was actually driving.... really fun

Ive been looking at 197s and 200s - 197 is far cheaper and much more affordable but the 200 just looks great.

The current daily is a Tiguan - need two cars now - family reasons and thought Id get a car for me.

Just a matter of finances due to the two cars.

Welcome!

Clio 200 is amazing. Clio 197 is almost as good and much cheaper.

Depends on your budget 8)

Ive been looking at 197s and 200s - 197 is far cheaper and much more affordable but the 200 just looks great.

The current daily is a Tiguan - need two cars now - family reasons and thought Id get a car for me.

Hmmmmm... I think you came in on the weekend? Or odd coincidence!

The 197 is a 5 seater, the 200 is a 4 seater. That might help too?

Though to drive they're quite different - you can definitely feel the extra punch due to the new cylinder head and revised engine mapping in the 200 - they've got 20% more low-down torque as a result. This means 95% of torque is produced at 3,000rpm. Plus the 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear ratios have been shortened.

Not to mention the 200 has standard Cup suspension with bigger anti-roll bars, and the steering rack was improved and is 7% quicker.

Hmmmmm... I think you came in on the weekend? Or odd coincidence!

The 197 is a 5 seater, the 200 is a 4 seater. That might help too?

Though to drive they're quite different - you can definitely feel the extra punch due to the new cylinder head and revised engine mapping in the 200 - they've got 20% more low-down torque as a result. This means 95% of torque is produced at 3,000rpm. Plus the 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear ratios have been shortened.

Not to mention the 200 has standard Cup suspension with bigger anti-roll bars, and the steering rack was improved and is 7% quicker.

Yes Teki, I thought that might have been you with the name and the location.

No co-incidence, it was me

The 5 seater might be key in making the decision, but not quite sure yet - but it definitely helps.

Thanks for your time and discussion re the two vehicles, much appreciated.

Thanks to all for your tips and look forward to some future discussions.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome GG,

200's have a better rep... but IMHO, the 197 has the front end look (rest is the same).

R27 may solve the dilema.

Cheers,

WOLF

Thanks Wolf, the people on this forum, have been great, what a friendly place.

Had a great chat to Teki as well, lovely bloke, and to PaulV

Ive made up my mind def going to get one - was going to get the Gordini in Perth but didnt happen, and then tried to get the red 197 and that had been sold.

Teki told me to look at some Megane 225s, will read up on those, they look funny, but you can pick some up at a good deal by the look of it

Thanks for your help btw - ive noticed that in general there arent too many cars around for sale anyway. Just have to be patient.

• 3 weeks later...

Well a wannbe newbie, finally is one.

Picked up a a second hand Black RS200 Trophee - 24K just over 35Ks on the clock - still got a year warranty as well.

Now I know why everyone on here has the Renault bug. Gave it to a mate of mine for a drive and he loves it, loves the drive, loves the fact you make the car go...

What car...should have saved up and bought something a while ago.

its just - fun to drive you want to drive it around.

And again thanks for the all the tips help etc from everyone over the last few weeks...

Wooooooooho!

Congrats James. Glad to see you finally ended up in a 200 Cup Trophee.

I bet you'll be taking the long way home now too... kids must be loving it too.

Congrats again

Great choice!! Hahaha exact model and vintage as mine. Even has the same mileage and you got it at a very cheap price I might add.

You will find at 35K miles it is just run in and ready to rev hard!

ENJOY!

Wooooooooho!

Congrats James. Glad to see you finally ended up in a 200 Cup Trophee.

I bet you'll be taking the long way home now too... kids must be loving it too.

Congrats again

Cheers Teki, its actually pretty much your test drive that sealed the deal.

Now I know what you meant by you want to drive it all the time. Only had it for a day too.

Thanks!! yeah the kids like it heaps although the toddler has already tried to break stuff on it.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...