Hopeful 225Cup/R26 Buyer

HG1

Hi guys, just signed up today. Been a long time admirer of RS and finally time to replace the current car so looking to get into a Megane 225 Cup or R26.

I would love any advice anyone can give on buying these vehicles. I'm looking to spend around $16-20k on a stock vehicle for non-track driving. Some particular questions (but let me know if there are other questions I should be asking!):

- any particular issues to look out for in used examples?

- is it possible to remove the decal on R26/F1 vehicles (I'm not a fan, but could live with it)

- does anyone know of any good examples for sale...there are a couple in Sydney on carsales.

Thanks for any help :o

welcome ! you'll love it

wonder if chris-172 sold his lovely blue meggy ?

btw - sacrilige to remove stickers , car worth less without . keep em on . you'll learn to love them .

Thanks for the welcome guys, I've been doing a fair bit of reading on the site and plenty of great info on here. Looking forward to getting into a Megane and driving off into the hills!

@spaleta...have you got one for sale or just offering a look at one? Either way I would be keen to check it out :)

Thanks for the welcome guys, I've been doing a fair bit of reading on the site and plenty of great info on here. Looking forward to getting into a Megane and driving off into the hills!

@spaleta...have you got one for sale or just offering a look at one? Either way I would be keen to check it out :)

Not selling but happy to show you mine, as there's only a handful of R26s in Canberra. Mine is midly modded FYI.

Welcome aboard.

Quick info:

- window regulators... tend to fail and cost a package. Even through me, it's $$$

- inner tie rods/ tie rod ends... are quickly becoming big sellers for the pair, and on both sides. (what's up with that guys?)

- lightbulbs are tricky to change...very tricky for some. (i'm included)

- those decals cost big $ too... leave them (as above mentioned) devalues car.

Cheers,

WOLF