Another ACT Newbie

mick_225

Hi All,

Decided to join as OZ Renault helped in research for my car.

Currently own an RS225 3 door.

After 2 years of searching for the right one, i finally bit the bullet and purchased a 3 door RS225 The car was bought in FEB from a dealer, who had performed a major service (including timebelt change) at 60k, and was in immaculate condition.

Everything was running brilliantly until....

After only owning the car for 23 days, she developed the dreaded slave cylinder failure.

The car was sent immediately to Rolfe Renault for a diagnosis. I nearly fell off my chair when they quoted $5,500 to repair.

So, after arguing with the dealer about warranty for 3 weeks, i decided that the best thing to do is research what the best option to repair it would be. Jumped on OZ Renault, and the words popped up K-TEC RACING.

After a few emails and phone calls to the UK, a K-TEC Package was purchased (new flywheel, cluch kit, and slave cylinder) and i was told that there was a 2 week wait. Unfortunately for KTEC, the company who makes their flywheels, the machine failed and put production back 9 weeks!!. 8 weeks passed, when Anthony from KTEC called, apologised about the delay. The next words out of his mouth brought an immediate smile to my face. "We are going to upgrade to to the KTEC Racing R26R Flywheel and clutch kit....for no extra charge" Hell yeah i said.

So the parts should be here this week, and will go straight in. Hopefully in 2 weeks time, the beast will be back on the road.

My RS225 is black, on black, on black, on black!! Black paint, black wheels, black tint, black leather.

Hope this picture uploads. It wont show me in the preview and my MAC wont let me copy the image code. Excuse the condition of the car, it was brought down on a truck from Sydney, and was taken the day it came off the back of it.

IMG_0656.jpg

I have a stack more KTEC parts coming.... will update later,

Cheers Guys,

Mick

Shame about the issues. Once you hit your first country road when she's better, you'll forget all about them!

Does the R26r have a single mass flywheel?

Don't know if it has a dual mass, but I'm getting rid of it all together.

New flywheel is half the weight of the dual mass system so should respond better

Can't wait to hit the twisties. Killing me not driving it or not having seen the car for so long

Welcome mate. Hope all works out for you!

Keep us updated on the progress 8)

Hey there.

Shame about the clutch. Why wouldn't the dealer cover it?

Welcome. I was going to ask same question. My 225 cup had engine mounts and injectors all replaced under the dealer's statutory warranty after I bought it. That was Lennock Nissan 2nd hand cars.

Hey there.

Shame about the clutch. Why wouldn't the dealer cover it?

Welcome. I was going to ask same question. My 225 cup had engine mounts and injectors all replaced under the dealer's statutory warranty after I bought it. That was Lennock Nissan 2nd hand cars.

Dealer tried to say that the slave cylinder failed because of an over use of the clutch (they were trying to say I was racing it at a track day) and the clutch isn't covered under their warranty. it's in the hands of NSW Fair trading now, so just awaiting the outcome.

Welcome aboard Mick,

DAMN fine colour combo. Go the black on black. Stealth is key.

Good to hear Ktec did the right thing on this one... and yes try for 5% off. Although not on all items, still worth a shot.

Bigger pics please... eyes are ready and wide open.

Cheers,

WOLF

• 3 weeks later...

Update; car was finished yesterday at 2pm. Passed rego inspection first go (was worried about tint) and was back on the road at 4pm. Took a little longer to fix as there were a couple of other little issues. Now drives perfectly. Will post new pics in members rides.