RS 250 Cup Nearer to Reality....

Lennylsl

Hi All,

Just wanted to share some good news..... Last night the salesman called me up at 10:15pm and told me that my car will be arriving at the port on the 24th this month ! ! ! ! I was so shocked as he told me i could be receiving it early march. Do bear in mind this is after 5 long months of waiting ! .....and finally i'm gonna start counting days.......:)

Then after telling me this, he said however there is some slight difference on the specs.... So i asked what was it? He said, the specs came similarly to the monaco GP edition and I my heart fell.... reason being i don't quite like that the monaco gp edition and it's not available in my country. So i told him, all I want is the panoramic roof and recaro leather seats and thankfully he said Yes it has. The only difference are the white trims on the door handle, center console and passenser dash. I don't quite like it but then again, it kinda make my RS250 unique from the rest here in my country so.... I guess its ok (not that i can do anything about it).

That's all I have to say now and .....I'll be counting the days from NOW ! ! ! :D

Look forward to the pics too.

Sounds like you are sooooo on the edge of your seat. Heheh.

WOLF

ps: umm...i guess you could alsways paint, vinyl wrap or even replace those white bits ..??

now it seems i've just found out another issue. It seems my car is coming with a 19 inch instead of the 18 inch AX-L which i liked. If it comes with the 19 inch STEEV rims i'm still ok but my salesman tells me its the same as Monaco gp rims..and from research its call 19-inch diamond-effect STEEV. I have no idea what it looks and i could only see from the pictures, those are 18'.... if its the same design then its completely horrible ! ! ! ! according to the salesman the car has been shipped and nothing much can be done now. i'm not satisfied with this answer.... Any suggestions???

Sounds to me like you are getting a Monaco GP, I would check if it is still coming with the RS monitor. I am surprised a dealer could get your order so wrong? If they came back saying it was just the wheels I would be okay, but it sounds to me like you are getting a completely different car to what you ordered.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Sounds to me like you are getting a Monaco GP, I would check if it is still coming with the RS monitor. I am surprised a dealer could get your order so wrong? If they came back saying it was just the wheels I would be okay, but it sounds to me like you are getting a completely different car to what you ordered.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Agreed.

The old "Bait and switch" is alive and well it seems.

WOLF hates that tactic. :bitch:

If I understand this right, Lenny has ordered a car to his spec some time back, but the factory switched to the MY12 build spec before his car was built.

So some of the details (like interior trim) which are not options as such, have changed without him being informed about them when he ordered.

If they really just ordered the wrong car then that's pretty frustrating.

True to what has been said by Tubbsy, here's the thing..... the monaco GP edition is not available in my country. Here, we only have one spec which is the cup version. Seriously speaking, I don't mind if its the monaco GP edition but at least inform me as such and to my requirements it must come with recaro leather seats, RS monitor and the 19 inch speedline rims.

So like I said, all i can do now is wait and see I suppose..

I finally got a respond from Renault Malaysia. The version is called Alpine Edition which i think its just the Monaco GP edition. I've got a pdf file by them and can be viewed below. One more thing, they're going to charge me extra for this ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :( but the salesman say will "try" to talk to them to waive it off..... he better...else...

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1clhB ... MyN2RkNzVi

I finally got a respond from Renault Malaysia. The version is called Alpine Edition which i think its just the Monaco GP edition. I've got a pdf file by them and can be viewed below. One more thing, they're going to charge me extra for this ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :( but the salesman say will "try" to talk to them to waive it off..... he better...else...

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1clhB ... MyN2RkNzVi

Leather recaros!

Alpine > Monaco :bitch:

All the poor Monaco GP owners are going to be wizzed off with this, I wonder if the "Apline Edition" will make it to Australia, also love the last picture that shows the Monaco GP plaque. Sounds to my like they did not sell all the Monaco's worldwide so thought they might just re-badge them. Lennylsl make sure you check the build date.

All the poor Monaco GP owners are going to be wizzed off with this, I wonder if the "Apline Edition" will make it to Australia, also love the last picture that shows the Monaco GP plaque. Sounds to my like they did not sell all the Monaco's worldwide so thought they might just re-badge them. Lennylsl make sure you check the build date.

Was bound to happen so Monaco owners cannot get too annoyed.

Oh well... Monaco owners... don't be upset. according to them, this release is for my country only but.... I don't quite trust them anyway.....

yup, I'll be sure to have the built date checked. This is the main criteria i waited a long 5 months for the car as i wanted it to be a 2012 build.

Though the 19 inch looks good but they are gonna be more uncomfortable and gonna cost me more money when i change my tyres....darn...:wink:

Have you all noticed that the bumper and rear diffuser comes in grey? I prefer the black. Anyone know how to dismantle this so i can have it sprayed to black?

In Australia the base "Cup" has black inserts and the "Cup Trophee", like mine, comes standard with the grey / silver inserts. Here you can request the black inserts if you order off the line, but I'm happy with the grey inserts on my blue car as I think it suits it and lightens up the overall look of the car a bit.

I think you will have no problem in having the inserts sprayed black.

The 19s are not noticeably more uncomfortable than the 18s since this RS car has extremely well sorted suspension and chassis refinement - it is not likely to be an issue. The custom specified 18" rubber I believe is actually more expensive (in Australia at least) than the Continentals that come on the 19s (someone correct me if I'm wrong). When I heard this, I was happy to stick with the 19s.

...Have you all noticed that the bumper and rear diffuser comes in grey? I prefer the black. Anyone know how to dismantle this so i can have it sprayed to black?

The front is removed in one piece - colour strip under badge, grill, bumper, spoiler, radiator undertray and the sides up to an obvious split in the wheel arches. You would then have to "unclip" everything to isolate the bumper - this might be tricky.

Rear, I presume, is similarly complicated.

Was bound to happen so Monaco owners cannot get too annoyed.

Recaros and Panoramic roof?!

Don't think I will be able to claim anything on this if it launches here :wink:

I prefer the black. Anyone know how to dismantle this so i can have it sprayed to black?

The grey inserts on my Trophee were sprayed black by my dealer prior to delivery and they did a great job. However, I requested this when I ordered my car so it was included in my purchase price. If you specified black inserts when you ordered your car I think you should be able to get your dealer to have them sprayed once it arrives (if you still want to), and shouldn't have to pay extra for it.

Also, if you prefer the 18 inch wheels, maybe you could see if your dealer will swap the wheels from another new Cup onto your car. They should do that for free too if you originally ordered 18 inch wheels.

Good luck - I hope you end up with the car you want.

Oh well.. after having to dwell upon it for a few days.... it may seem like those gray inserts and the 19 inch ... may be a good thing afterall. it makes my RS250 unique in my country. So the only thing would be not paying that additional sum for the changes......

My country by nature has plenty of pot holes everywhere....i'm kinda worried for my 19 inches... Any idea on what's the durability like? and...sorry to ask this and i know its painful but anyone got it dented/punctured because of pot holes before?

My country by nature has plenty of pot holes everywhere....i'm kinda worried for my 19 inches... Any idea on what's the durability like? and...sorry to ask this and i know its painful but anyone got it dented/punctured because of pot holes before?

I guess you've never seen Australian roads then? :lol: BIG, HUGE country - LOTS of roads to cover the size of the country, not many people to generate huge revenues to keep the roads in great condition.

I've been driving on my 19s and for me, the ride is just fine. I'm not sure what you are used to or what you expect, but for a car with this kind of cornering performance, the ride is amazingly smooth.

It is best to avoid the potholes if you can still.

I guess you've never seen Australian roads then? :lol: BIG, HUGE country - LOTS of roads to cover the size of the country, not many people to generate huge revenues to keep the roads in great condition.

I've been driving on my 19s and for me, the ride is just fine. I'm not sure what you are used to or what you expect, but for a car with this kind of cornering performance, the ride is amazingly smooth.

It is best to avoid the potholes if you can still.

Hell, if it's okay in suburban Sydney roads then it'll be okay anywhere. :roll:

Hey Lennylsl - under LeChatBleu's picture it says his location is Adelaide in South Australia, so unless that is out of date, he's probably located there.

You'll find almost everyone here is in Australia, a couple in NZ and then the odd one or two formerly from Australia but living in another part of the world now.

Hey Lennylsl - under LeChatBleu's picture it says his location is Adelaide in South Australia, so unless that is out of date, he's probably located there...

Adelaide, South Australia it is.

My trip up into the Cameron Highlands was by bus from KL, I was more into two wheels then and remember thinking what a blast it would be on a bike. I've passed through KL a few times when on holiday, usually on the way to some other country - might do so again later this year - if so maybe we can catch up and you can take me for a blast. :D

This Friday at the shoreline the collection is only on tuesday.... I'm already so anxious... Wish I can just fast forward time :D i'm literally marking my calendar day by day for the arrival heheh....

For sure will post alost of pics......

I guess mine would be the last rs250 batch as from now onwards are all 265...

Yea I kinda know redd is from malaysia... Will get in touch with him once my ride arrives :D