Another Perth newbie!

buccaneer

G'day all.

I am a first time Renault owner, so new to the car line I don't know what it is I have bought!

I test drove a brand new Renault Clio F1 and loved it but The Fabulous One who rideth with the shotgun announced it was too 'jiggly' and vetoed!

Sigh.

I was looking for a small car that would give pleasurable driving and stumbled on to an ad for a 2005 Clio Sport.

It was in pristine nick, obviously loved by the owner and extremely well taken care off.

He didn't seem to know much about the car or line either.

I drove it over the Gooseberry Hill down the Mundaring Weir road and before I had turned it around to go back, I had bought it in my head. Have driven it over Christmas but I had better stay out of it for a few days and find out what it is exactly.

Love everything except the lack of USA/Iphone/Bluetooth and just called an audio place, they tell me I have to change out the factory unit and replace it all to upgrade.

Seems a pity as it is an attractive and good sounding unit.

How come these cars aren't well known here, sensational ride!!!

Bucc~smitten!

Welcome Bucc! If it's a Clio from 2005 it sounds like you've bought a 182. What colour is the car, and what colour are the wheels?

If the wheels are silver it's a "Normale" 182, but if they're charcoal/grey in colour then you've bought yourself a "Cup".

I suspect it may be a "Normale" if "The Fabulous One who rideth with the shotgun" found the ride too jiggly in a new Clio...

Welcome, Buccaneer. The colour is "Titanium", and I think it really sets off the clean lines of the 182.

The "normale" is still an exceptional vehicle, particularly when wearing the right spec tyres :wink: All the fun is had between 5,500 and redline - and there's even a light on the dash that tells you when you're getting close :twisted:

Thanks everyone!

The test drive had me very reflective about my nature.

It has been so long since I have felt so intolerant of other road users.

Having extremely angst filled thoughts running through my head like

"Oh c'mon, I could raise a kid to school age by the time you take this bend"

"I know you have eight cylinders and I should be more respectful of the rumble, but I can't hear it from way out in front"

I'm going to pull my head in now...but that does prove the roads were a perfect choice to get the most impressed with this great little machine!!

Thanks for the great welcome, now I have to trawl through looking for info on what to change the sound system to?

:D

Don't?

A cable can get you aux-in, or a box for control of an iWhatever from the OE headunit. If you've got time to yak on the phone, you should be pootling along behind the V8 so you can listen to it at the same time :lol:

Y'har and welcome aboard. (sorry - couldn't help myself as (sorry, too much Captain Feathersword)

Dig the Titanium silver...looks schimck.

Anyways...take care of her... service well, and all should be fine.

I'd say enjoy, but think you have that part covered.

Cheers,

WOLF

Start in the ICE section

and look for stuff like this:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11532 :wink:

I've read through a few threads, unfortunately the links to products no longer work so I still am unsure what to hunt for but I am sold on the concept of buying a cable and having a go at setting up a dock with iphone stalk controls and charging.

Last Thursday I went to a professional car audio place and they had me convinced it was a $500 job installing a $150 JVC head unit I needed to solve my problem. At the last minute they discovered they didn' have the right compatible controller for the Renault stalk controls so they postponed till next week.

If I can source the right cable I will cancel and do it your suggested way griffyn.

Congrats on the purchase mate. Looks great :)

I was thinking of taking my megane for a drive to the hills next week as a sort of expedited run in and to get some nice driving roads. Sounds like I'll have to check out Mundaring Weird Rd 8)

Grabbed at the chance to go for a hills run this am.

The Fabulous One murmured "Go for a drive, think I'll watch a chick flick on DVD" :shock:

BANG, I was gone-ski! :D

I am truly smitten with this car, awesome fun.

Congrats on the purchase mate. Looks great :)

I was thinking of taking my megane for a drive to the hills next week as a sort of expedited run in and to get some nice driving roads. Sounds like I'll have to check out Mundaring Weird Rd 8)

I dunno what anyone else is driving yet but I went for a spin thru the hills again but this time with The Fabulous One and we spotted a base white Gordini (AGP?) with blue stripes pretty close to Mundaring Weir going the opposite way to us.

Waved but unsure if he spotted us.

I better find out if there is a more appropriate place for spottings!

• 2 weeks later...

Mundaring Weir Road is an excellent drive however my favorite part of the whole road is the climb back up towards the hotel from the base of the weir down near the pump station.

When I drove this in the Spider I used to really hammer those series of beautiful left/right curves :twisted:

Driving down that same section is just not as much fun as your looking over, and right on, the edge much of the time.... :shock:

There would appear to be heaps of Renaultsport cars in the Mundaring area including the other Spider, an Alpine and various other Renaults....

Some great roads through the back of the hills, behind Roleystone and Carmel way.

You won't believe it but my dog is absolutely crazy about the car.She scoots in anytime I am going out,and is so smart, she watches upcoming curves and leans in anticipating the g forces, what a great dog she is!

She loves being in the navigator seat but when in the back she still enjoys the curves,paws out pushing against the side as we curve it.

Unlike TFO, she never screams "slow down!"

Crickey, its this Sunday isn't it? Not sure to be honest. I have a lot on this weekend. We'll see, we may, its just depends on what else we have to do that day.