From Renault 16 to Renault Megane RS 250 Cup

foxleg

Well, I've broken the seal and added to the Forums, so it only seems right to fill you in on why I'm here. Many years ago, I inherited a 1969 Renault TC from my Grandfather. That's right, not even the TS model. It had an anachronistic (Renault's own word) 4 speed column shift that inspired almost artistic arm movements to slide gracefully from gear to gear. It had unbelievably comfy vinyl seats that left your back sopping wet on days with temperatures over about 15 degrees. I recall driving around Melbourne trying to rent a house with my brother and going into real estate agents with our t-shirts saturated all down our backs and struggling to get them to even look at us. (In the end we rented a terrace house in Nth Carlton with a toilet on the back fence and a bathroom in a shed out in the backyard....). Anyway, this Renault got me started on European cars and since then I've had an AC Fiat 124 sport (also 1969), a 1978 Alfa GTV (drove sensationally on the 3 days that it wasn't at the mechanics), a Toyota Corolla (a knee jerk reaction to the Alfa) and more recently a couple of Volvos (a knee jerk reaction to becoming a family man). But now, it is time to get back to some serious driving. Oh alright, my wife ran away, so I can make decisions again like I'm getting a Renault Megane RS 250 Cup in black. After test driving a Golf GTI and the new Alfa whatever it's called, I was blown away with the Megane. Just have to have one. Going to place the order real soon............

Don't mean to nitpick, but can't help myself... I think it may have been a 16 TL :wink: - and I reckon the column shift auto in an R16 is a delight to use.

We've got a 1973 TS Auto just outside my bedroom window at this very moment.

Welcome back into the family.

Big thanks to Serge at Ringwood Renault... I took a white Megane Cup for a big spin yesterday around the curvy roads out near my place in Warrandyte... totally sold... in fact, so sold, went back in today and parted with some cash for a Black Megane RS 250 Cup due in late May/June-ish.... yeah baby! :hyper:

Welcome and thanks for the amusing intro!

Sorry about the old Mrs, but now you have a new MRS to look forward to... (sorry, couldn't resist that one!)

We met Serge on the weekend too, and talked about all things RS. Nice guy and well up to speed on the product which is always reassuring.

Congrats on the purchase. The time will fly by, so it won't seem that long til you're behind the wheel.

Will black 250 Cups have black external trim? (ie not grey like the Trophee) That'll look stealth with the black wheels... tasty.

welcome . nice bunch of cars you've had . the 250 is a classic . get one

learnt to drive on old alfas and fiat 124 coupe . lots of fun .

Thanks for the welcome messages... I'm really looking forward to getting my new MRS! Might even call the beast 'Mrs'. Haven't had a real driver's car for a while, the old left leg won't know what has hit it with all the clutch action that's coming up.

Welcome! Great choice. Hope the wait isn't too hard 8)

• 2 weeks later...