New 197 owner

liam

Hi all,

My first french car (Never thought Id say those words :shock: ) is a 2008 Clio sport 197 in blue. Its mainly got dealer Km's on it with just over 7 thousand on the clock!

Saying I love the car is an understatement, unbelievably responsive for a 2 litre N/A engine and handles like a go cart :D

IMGP4229.jpg

IMGP4225.jpg

IMGP4218.jpg

And without even owning it for a day I couldn't resist washing her

IMGP4255.jpg

Ive got no real mods planned as such yet... Ive already asked for pricing on the sport renault wing/splitter/skirts/side decals so unless this place twists my arm its going to stay pretty stock

Liam

Haha all good! So now Ive taken this one what are you after? I knew it was quick on the test drive but when you can actually open up the revs its silly! It loves to rev and will give most things a good run (Mums 2010 WRX has trouble dropping it and must be really rev'd to get past) :P Its going to cost me my license im sure

Hey there Liam,

Welcome and congrats on the purchase. I've seen this very car when it 'lived' in Melbourne. Not sure if you've been told about it, but it is the only Racing Blue 197 in the country. Not sure how many were produced in total, but it can't be many - Renault dropped the colour early on from what I was told.

My vote would be to leave the exterior stock, but if you are going to add the front splitter, skirts and rear wing, get them painted blue too (perhaps not the rear wing endplates). Just my 2c :wink:

Enjoy!

Cheers, Dish.

Wow haha its always nice to be alittle unique, seeing a Renault on the roads alone is uncommon enough but having the only aussie blue is fantastic :P When did it live in melbourne? Was it privately owned or a dealer car?

I was thinking of keeping the main part of the spoiler blue with black ends to match the black splitter/skirts if i get them. If I do get those parts in black I would get the wheels painted black to match it all in.

Im a forum trawler adrian, I just searched renault forums and this place popped up.

Liam, are you a Sydneysider? Would be great to see you and the car at the next Sydney Social Event - see this section for more details. Your car is an ex Renault Australia vehicle. As far as I know it was used for display and then driven by one of Renault Oz's staff as a company car. As for mods, keep the exterior stock, I say. Maybe some charcoal Cup alloys, or white wheels. And a set of H&R's or Eibachs to give it a the perfect stance.

I saw this car at Northshore Renault in Sydney, it's really nice color. But not as nice as the Gordini Blue hehehehehe :P

Congrats Mate and enjoy, while I suffer until I clock 1000k's until I can rev mine up. :popcorn:

I really can't wait until a Drive Day, so many Renault Sports , selling like cup cakes! :headbang:

Thanks for all the welcomes guys!

I live out of sydney just near Bowral, close enough though that I think I will continue to use northshore as my service group. A group meet sounds great actually if work ect permits!

I was looking into lowering with coils as I have done on a previous car, how does it affect the handling? Its my biggest fear because at the moment the car is just awesome.

I use an autobrite snow foam lance with a mix of meguires gold class shampoo and autobrites own snowfoam,

Is the monako blue the same as the FRB? As there is another blue clio 3 on carsales?

Different.

The monako blue is the std metallic blue.

The French Racing Blue (FRB) is available on the clio 200.

There is also the gordini blue which is a metallic blue and i believe different still to the ond 197 Monako blue.

Hi Liam,

First of congrats and nice pick up indeed.

I have to say, a big ass smile came to me when i saw the faom picture. Priceless!

Surprised no one's said anything, but being that colour, i would think 2 gordini strips in white would go down reeeeally well. IMO.

Lastly, i've sent you a PM. Let me know if you have any dramas reading it.

Cheers,

WOLF

Thanks for all the comments guys!

Wolf Ill dig out my vin ect tomorrow. Thankyou for taking the time to do that for me!

I would like some form of decal/stripe on the car I just dont know what yet... It needs clay barring before anything happens yet though!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there Liam, congrats on the purchase the car looks great. Cant believe how close you live to my parents place they are 20 minutes down the highland way. We might have to catch up to discuss some roads down there :wink: I've just ordered an SSV ute so you might have the upper hand in corners :)

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

Catching up would be good! From the last trip up a certain mountain the SSv ute following me couldnt keep up through the corners... the straights however all his :)

Cheers

Liam