Hiya all

R26R

Hiya guys,

I'm new to this forum i'm from Sydney i don't own a Renault but i'm looking to Buy a Renault megane sports either the victory yellow f1 team R26 or just a 225 cup....its just i guess whatever is on offer, my budget is no more then 31k, i'm abit disappointed that the R26 are in the high 30's but i guess it's just a matter of waiting for someone to sell there's in the low 30's....if you know anyone that has a megane and would like to sell it please don't hesitate to contact me

Thank you all

No that's not me dude!!

i know a guy that has some Peugeot with rims on and his always near that area, Only know him as hi and bye met him through a friend at university...Why what did he get up to in this forum.

Welcome R26R! Where abouts are you located? What do you currently drive?

Look luck in your search for a MEggy.

Cheers 8)

What a joke, Please tell me you banned the kid, he doesn't deserve to be on this forum, i Know for a fact his a rich Bastard and his daddy's boy and gets what he wants..Band him.

I'm a car salesmen at Mccarroll's Hyundai in Artarmon and i currently drive a Honda Accord Euro...It would be Nice if people who own a meggy could give me some Pro's(Good) and Con's(Bad) about it, im interested to know what meggy owns have to say as im looking to purchase one.

They are miles apart in build quality. But the Meg puts a smile on my face lots more!!!

Well we all know that french cars aren't reliable as much, but how does the meggy came along in terms of build quality, What are the main problems that meggy's have?

What are the main problems that meggy's have?

They attract tyrekickers for starters. But you'd know all about tyrekickers, being a car salesman, right?

Well we all know that french cars aren't reliable as much, but how does the meggy came along in terms of build quality, What are the main problems that meggy's have?

Urban myth. Look after a frenchie right and it'll last. The quality of the fit isn't up with the best, but they're mechanically sound. We have at least one, probably two, members here whose Clios are close to 200,000ks.

Look for a well maintained car, and you're more than halfway there. Be careful of anything that has aftermarket wheels that don't have the correct fitment.

They attract tyrekickers for starters. But you'd know all about tyrekickers, being a car salesman, right?

My apologies if i am incorrect, however i believe it was meant with the understanding that YOU have to deal with tyrekickers in your profession on a daily basis.

At least that's how it came across to me when i read it.... a pun.

Anyways, welcome to the forum, and i good start would be to view the specific Megane sections of this forum.

For any queries on expected and unexpected issues that may arise, here are some discussions...

viewforum.php?f=25

Hope it works out for you, and remember, Renault Sports are about the 'Drive' more than anything else.

Cheers,

WOLF

Welcome R26R. Great to have you on the forum!!! Guys with car industry knowledge are always an asset around here.

I am aware of a forum member who doesn't post often who's thinking of selling his Black R26. Perhaps post in the Wanted section and see what crops up for you.

My apologies if i am incorrect, however i believe it was meant with the understanding that YOU have to deal with tyrekickers in your profession on a daily basis.

At least that's how it came across to me when i read it.... a pun.

Sorry to get off on the wrong foot there, but it was as WOLF suggested, a pun.

I'd ask your wholesale person to keep an eye out for a Megane. I'm sure you'd be able to get a much better deal instead of looking privately. My brother sells new & used cars in Melb and it's staggering the number of cheap wholesale/trade-in deals he tells me about. (ie Volvo XC70 traded in for $1500 and then sold to a wholesaler for $6K!!)

Dish its alright mate!!!

I really haven't thought of asking my wholesale's person just yet because i found out about this site and i would rather buy a Renault off one of you guys since you know how to treat it and look after it!

Guys l'm just going to ask you for all your opinion and i'm going to post this question in the clio Section so please comment on it..The question is

There's a renault clio V6 on carsales and the seller is asking for $71k thats WAY out of my budget of course but im just really curious what you all think about the price tag..Do you think its Way over priced..how much would you pay for the car and how much should it be advertised for?

If it's way out of your price range, and have no interest in purchasing it, then i fail to see the relevance. Asking us on a personal sale price of a very unique vehicle in Australia, which was personally imported (and who knows how much he or she payed in duties and transport), would be at best - conjecture. Due to the 'one off' nature of this vehicle, that is no longer under production, they can pretty much ask whatever they want. I would... but then, i wouldn't sell it! (unless pre-organised of course)

Surely you would agree now that this has been explained to you...yes?

Look i'm just asking for your opinion and what you think about it. You guys really haven't made me feel welcome to this forum, it really is abit disappointing knowing all you guys are representing Renault Australia.

Appreciated to the people that answered my question.

I have given you my opinion. If it is not the answer you are looking for, that is lamentable for you. However, this should not be confused with how welcome you have or have not been 'made to feel'.

They are completely different issues. (ie not the same)

I cannot help but think there is other issues at play here for you...and again..nothing to do with this particular question.

Btw

- Did you read the technical posts on the Meganes?

- Since i answered your intial question on this thread (in my own way) you are very welcome for the thanks you have given me and others.

Cheers.

Look i'm just asking for your opinion and what you think about it. You guys really haven't made me feel welcome to this forum, it really is abit disappointing knowing all you guys are representing Renault Australia.

Appreciated to the people that answered my question.

This forum is not affiliated with Renault, nor any of its subsidiaries.

However, I find it a little strange someone a) working in the industry and b) who already owns an Accord Euro, is looking at the bottom-end of the Megane market, where the high kilometre and lightly damaged vehicles live.

That said, hop down to one of the Sydney social events. I'm sure you will have no trouble striking up a conversation with any of our more established members :)

I'm a car salesmen at Mccarroll's Hyundai in Artarmon and i currently drive a Honda Accord Euro.

I have a problem with this statement. I was back in McCarroll's again today and I while my friend was doing some dealing I thought I'd ask about you. So I asked the salesman which of the sales staff drive a Honda, and I was told that there was no one on staff who drove a Honda. I thought maybe you hadn't told the others at work what car you have.

I'm a car salesmen at Mccarroll's Hyundai in Artarmon and i currently drive a Honda Accord Euro.

I have a problem with this statement. I was back in McCarroll's again today and I while my friend was doing some dealing I thought I'd ask about you. So I asked the salesman which of the sales staff drive a Honda, and I was told that there was no one on staff who drove a Honda. I thought maybe you hadn't told the others at work what car you have.

HAHAHHAAHAH...... :popcorn::popcorn:

Well done Brendan

• 1 month later...

Uh-oh Dad caught us!

R26R i'm looking for a demo i-load (man, diesel preffered) you guys have any laying about? I'm thinking of taking advantage of the 50% government rebate. I-load is much bigger and costs little more than the caddy which I am also considering so if I can find a demo for a bit less I might just go for it.