182less member with a confused name

George172

Hey. I thought I'd do the right thing and say hi, having joined up about a week ago. This is the first web forum I've ever joined; it feels kind of strange, like going to a party wearing a name badge; not that I've ever done that :shock:

Some quick points:

- I'm a fraud :oops: I don't own a clio, and never have. I joined the same day I made an offer on a 172, :D , but the deal has subsequently fallen through :cry: Jut a bit too much, after factoring in overdue timing belt, and a few other issues needing doing. Hoping my fraud status will change ASAP (opportunity permitting).

- Googling random things to do with the RS frequently landed me on pages from ozrenault. I thought that was quite educational. Man, that was NOTHING compared to how much I've learnt since joining up, and trawling through the complete forums. The forum is a godsend for a newbie looking to educate themselves. Sincere thanks to everyone involved with the forum.

- Sappy sh*t done now. I've decided to spend some more and go for a 182 Cup. I'm ready to buy ASAP, but if need be will wait for the right car to come along. Anyone selling or know someone who is, please get in contact with me. Also happy to buy from interstate (I'm in Melbourne), if I'm confident I'm buying a good thing.

- Looking forward to a group driving day in the future (cruise, not track), preferably in a 182, and not my mid 90's Nissan Pulsar :D

Welcome!

Good choice with the RS - 172 or 182, they're all great! :wink:

Hope the right one comes along soon enough :mrgreen:

welcome and goodluck mate :)

its definitely worth waiting and not just buying the first thing that comes around, i nearly did that with my clio, but someone talked some sense into me and now i i have a clio i am over the moon with! :D

that other 182 owner didn't get back to u?

welcome and goodluck mate :)

its definitely worth waiting and not just buying the first thing that comes around, i nearly did that with my clio, but someone talked some sense into me and now i i have a clio i am over the moon with! :D

that other 182 owner didn't get back to u?

Nah, he didn't. To be fair, I said that if my assumption that he's selling is wrong, he can happily disregard my PM. I'm guessing I was wrong! Thanks for all the welcomes.

Welcome aboard George!

Even if you don't get yourself an RS by the end of the month, you're more than welcome to come along on the 28th Drive Day (see Social Events). You're quite welcome to passenger with me and I'm sure others would extend the invitation.

Oh, and don't worry too much about your username as we can change it to suit :wink:

Looks like you're in a similar position to me, except that I'm definitely going down the 172 route! (182's too much for me :( )

If I were you, I'd take Dish's invitation to go as a passenger, I sure as hell would. Anyone else got a spare seat? :wink:

Hi Dish. Definitely take you up on the kind offer if I don't have a car by then. Will just need to pre medicate for the nausea. Can't remember the last time I was in a passenger seat on a long windy drive. Must be circa 1991. A day I'd rather forget... I hope my middle ear has grown up with the rest of me!

• 1 month later...

as a 182 (new) owner who also changed/changing from a pulsar, the results will def put a smile on your dial. i had a 1989 pulsar sss, with the 79kw 1.8le GM family 2 engine unfortunately, not the "kick you in the nuts after some light modding" sr20 engine.

its a slight change.. i still occasionally turn my wipers on just before a left/right turn..

judging from some reading i have done, some 182s are trouble, and some are just fine, as with all cars it seems,

mine has only ever needed a new battery on top of regular servicing, but now will prob need new pads, and is getting timing belt and aux belt changed and a C-level service (the wallet hurting one.. :roll: )