New Melb member :)

DanielG

Hey there!

Figured I should introduce myself, as I most likely will be becoming a part of it!

Currently looking for a Clio 172 to buy to replace my dying '94 Mitsubishi Verada, so if anyone in Melbourne has one for sale - message me!

I'm 18, studying Civil Engineering at RMIT uni. Been a car fanatic since I was little - it's a shame I've had to drive the Verada for the past half year - mis-firing, CV joints gone, blown head gasket (development in last week), 25L/100km average... and it just goes on.

I've also been very much into photography for the past 4 or so years. Recently got into car photography using the light painting method, which has been some fun. If anyone is interested in a shoot, give me a yell :)

Hope to see you guys around more, especially if I get a 172!

Photography and renaultsport ownership go haand in hand it seems!

Dish, ITL and even walkie 86 are pretty handy with the camera not to mention many others!

Welcome BTW.

There's one 2003 RS that's not far from me at all for $13450 with 73,000km. Has receipts for all previous services and just had a major service in Febuary. It is the mid-2003 model with ESP/TC as well.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/pri ... ?R=7169567

Once I start really hunting (ie. Going to look/drive them), is there any member from Melbourne around my area (Bentleigh) that would be willing to come along and use their more experienced eye to see if there's any issues?

well i'd never say no to driving another RS even if it is identical to mine apart from colour!!That said i'm mechanically minded but mechanically incompetent compared to other members!!

Welcome! There are a few pro photographers on the forum and quite a few amateurs who produce some top stuff too. Good luck in the search for the RSC! 8)

Good to hear that a few members are willing to help :) Will definitely compensate you in some way once it happens!

Should post some of my photography here, see what you guys think of it :D

Good to hear that a few members are willing to help :) Will definitely compensate you in some way once it happens!

Should post some of my photography here, see what you guys think of it :D

Welcome to the forum Daniel.

I just checked out your website, via the link in your sig, and I must say your photos look awesome.

What photography gear do you use (body, lenses, filters, flash, etc) ?

Body: Canon 1d Mark II, 20D

Lenses: Canon 135 f/2L, 24-105 f/4L IS, 50 f/1.8 - Sigma 10-20 f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM, Sigma 100-300 f/4 HSM, Sigma 18-200 f/3.5-6.3 DC OS

Flash: Canon 580EX II

Filters: Most commonly would probably be a circular polarizer and some Cokin graduated neutral density filters.

The 135 is my favourite lens, the photos it produces are just so freaking sharp and creamy!

And I think some of you may ask how I do the car photos - a Jaycar 63 LED worklight shooting into a 60x60cm softbox. Find a pitch black spot, set camera to 30-40s... and paint the car with light :)

Welcome aboard Daniel!

Nice set up there mate - that's some serious Canon gear! We share some similar bits (same flash & 50mm lens LOL). I'm running a 40D, generally with a 70-200 2.8L hanging off it :D

Amazed at your technique and creativity re "light painting". Gives it a very studio-like result. Would love to see you at work on a car. I've done some similar things using ambient light mixed with handheld off-camera flash. Also used another car's headlights for interesting effects :wink:

We are running a month-by-month 2010 calendar competition, so keep an eye on that and feel free to submit images.

Happy Clio hunting. There are usually good ones that come up for sale here, either by existing members or those found in classifieds that members point out.

Cheers, Dish.

I actually really want to get rid of the 100-300 and get a 70-200 2.8 IS, but it is the least uses lens and no funds to do that atm anyway. Haven't really taken any photos in ages, which is bugging me :(

Where abouts in VIC are you? If you'd like, we can meet up perhaps on the weekend and I can show you how the light painting works :)

I actually really want to get rid of the 100-300 and get a 70-200 2.8 IS, but it is the least uses lens and no funds to do that atm anyway. Haven't really taken any photos in ages, which is bugging me :(

Where abouts in VIC are you? If you'd like, we can meet up perhaps on the weekend and I can show you how the light painting works :)

Perhaps this will give you a little inspiration...

viewforum.php?f=40

I don't think taking photos of my current car are particularly exciting, haha!

http://danielgphoto.com/090209/HA2P4289.jpg

http://danielgphoto.com/090209/HA2P4294.jpg

To be fair though, it looks like this now:

http://danielgphoto.com/090209/HA2P4436%20copy.jpg

http://danielgphoto.com/090209/HA2P4410.jpg

Don't know what my girlfriend will think of that when I tell her I'm going to go take some photos of sexy French models :lol:

I'd need a ride though, no way I'm going in the Verada, probably wouldn't make the trip.

Right CV joint worn badly, both CV boots worn (L/R)

Mis-fires (unknown cause!)

Head-gasket possibly gone

Radiator is corroded

All shocks sound like they're gone

Transmission makes loud knocking noises when down shifting while braking

Takes ~25L/100km

Knocking noise from front left when doing quick left then right turns (roundabout shows it nicely)

Only thing it does well is sound decent, but only because it has a 'sports' muffler on it and the airbox cover has been removed :o

I'm in Wheelers Hill, so not overly far away from you. Already have plans for Saturday night, not sure about the rest of the weekend but can let you know. Ideally, need to pick a night with a new moon so that it's really dark!

What do you use to power the Jaycar lamp?

They must have gotten rid of it for this year - it's not in the catalogue either.

But the website I linked has it for the same price and identical unit :)