YAY ! I'm a member again! IN A 26 !

emu

Been pretty miserable since a Forum member bought my Orange, but last night a pretty proud pete (no,not perfect!)

drove home from Melbourne in Jim Richard's Victory Yellow

It's great to be back!

More details,full story, photos and stuff to come in the "For Sale" and "Renault Sport Megane" Threads

Thanks all

cheers pete

Nice one Pete , good to see another RS on the belt.

So, did you get to meet the man and go for a spin in his 911??

Look forward to seeing it soon,

Dan

Hi Brendan, yes it was Liuben aka 182 wanabe, he's a great bloke, but i didn't want to expose him, i'd rather he spoke up first, but seems he has

Hey Coops , you're very switched, you've been right guessing this stuff all along , well done

G'day Dan, yeah Jim's a really great bloke, told me all his secrets, so you can all absolutely forget about ever trying to keep up with me !

Lachlan and I are going to go for a spin with him later in the year, there were'nt too many 250kph tracks at Ringwood where he stores his cars

I'm learning lotsa stuff in my senile years

never drove fwd till a few years ago

1st turbo ever, totally different , got to get out of the revs habit

cheers pete

Great news Pete, im sure you smile like a little kid behind the wheel :)

Im hoping to make a return when i head back overseas but with something not so available here :) will just have to wait and see!

Great news Pete, im sure you smile like a little kid behind the wheel :)

Im hoping to make a return when i head back overseas but with something not so available here :) will just have to wait and see!

im hoping its a babymaker!

Thanks very much buddies

and ClioF1, very soon , June 14 at Collingrove,........

But I feel very different about this car, so it might not see much track

Bit like the Orange, I liked it so much I only did a little tracking in it, unlike the Black Clio

R26 is bit that way, feels so sophisticated , I don't want to take it's virginity

All that might change in the next two weeks when I fit the 3" direct flow system, harness and the brakes upgrade.................it might then feel a bit more like a beast that needs to be punished,.........severely

We'll see how it goes,.........i find it strange low shifting to the turbo torque after years of screwing screaming revs though the gears

I dunno,.....I know I'm bloody old, but,.......there again , so is Jim Richards

cheers pete

All that might change in the next two weeks when I fit the 3" direct flow system, harness and the brakes upgrade..............

Is a "direct flow system" an exhaust system. ? If so, cars in the uk lost power with 3" systems.....just too big for the application. Unless you are fitting a larger turbo and extensive mapping etc, it will be a step backwards.

Thanks ClioF1 and Steve, I'll keep you posted, Collingrove's Sunday June14

Thanks very much Dave, if you happen to see 3" tips out the back of my bus, well, I guess they'll just be fakes

cheers pete

That's all right for you landed bloody gentry , us working class have to do just that, not playing merry go rounds in the working week

cheers pete

That's all right for you landed bloody gentry , us working class have to do just that, not playing merry go rounds in the working week

cheers pete

Trackday and Thredbo drive (2 best bits) were on the weekend :booty:

But seriously congrats on the purchase, i hope to be joining you in R26 ownership soon.

How did you sell the clio, everytime i look at it i cant imagine selling it!

Thanks Mateka hope to see you at one of our get togethers soon, I'm giving the 26 a run at the Hill, Collingrove June 14, just with the standard tyres and rims, but I'll have a zorst by then. I'm planning on taking it pretty warily to feel it out, as I've never driven a turbo before, and in fact never drove a fwd until 4 yrs ago, but...........if it feels good, the usual redline fever will probably take over and I'll go nuts again

Thanks Chris,,,,,,,,,,mate, think very carefully before you get into a 26, and drive a few as much as you can before you get out of the Clio

I'm not enjoying the 26 around town anywhere near as much as the Clio,...........you just can't use the thing within the speed limits,......most of it's appeal is at high speed,.....I enjoy the extra sophistication, but frankly, around town ,I'd be happier in a Clio or an edited VZSS auto well set up with all it's low down grunt

I managed to test drive two 26's , but most of it was in the country , and fast winding hills roads, which was great, but most of my driving is in the city

Unless it blows me away in a Hillclimb or Supersprint, I think I'll be selling it in 12 months, and going back to a lowkms clio or a new Swift GTHO or a Twingo GTSS or a FiestaSSSS or something,....a Polo VXSSGT sounds nice, anything gokartish with about 230hp+ is pretty much me I think,........I reckon R27's will be down in the mid $20K's in a year, they're just a Clio with a pretty face, and won't bring much more than a stock 197, so fitting one up with a $5000 Quaife might be the go, or, maybe in a year or so Renault might release a REAL track Clio here

cheers pete