New Clio 182 owner

nath81

Hi everyone,

I'm a proud new owner of a 182 Cup. Yes I know they are a few years old and most of you have probably been there and moved on, but I just love the car. I can see what all the fuss was about. I have plently of reading to do on these forums! Just thought I'd introduce myself and apologise in advance for asking any stupid questions.

Welcome mate!

Great choice on the 182. What colour? Any photos?

They're still an awesome car and widely loved. I seriously considered buying my old one back recently - I sold it 2 years ago after owning it for 5 years.

Enjoy!

There is something truly wonderful about them. I'll never let go of mine.

Congrats on the purchase, and welcome to OzRS.

Thanks for all the welcoming posts guys. I was close to buying a golf gti but opted out at the last minute and then came across this one. Back in 2004 I got a sales brochure and who would have thought 9 years later I'd get the car! I don't have any pics as yet but it's black. I've already told myself that i'm never going to get rid of it!

... Back in 2004 I got a sales brochure and who would have thought 9 years later I'd get the car!

:D I vividly remember seeing my first 182 as well. I was on a tram and a racing blue one, with stripes, shot past. I knew nothing about them at that stage but thought 'that little thing looks like fun'. I didn't think much about it again until looking for a car years later where I made the connection to that first sighting and bought one. :hyper:

... Back in 2004 I got a sales brochure and who would have thought 9 years later I'd get the car!

:D I vividly remember seeing my first 182 as well. I was on a tram and a racing blue one, with stripes, shot past. I knew nothing about them at that stage but thought 'that little thing looks like fun'.

That could have been me many years ago!!!! I gave that little 182 plenty.....

For minor servicing im going to my local mechanic or doing it myself, however for the major service ie timing/acc belt i was thinking of using Paul V as recommeded by many. I was wondering for the major service is it more cost effective to source the parts and give them to Paul or just let him order the parts? What do you guys do?

I was wondering for the major service is it more cost effective to source the parts and give them to Paul or just let him order the parts? What do you guys do?

Paul was more than happy to let me supply the parts. (he replaced the PAS pump and aux belt for me recently) However, I would ask when booking - just out of courtesy. Wolf is usually the go-to-man for cheap OEM parts.

Looking at the service history from the previous owner there are a few things im not sure about.

1/ On two occasions it metions belt compressor replaced. What is this? Is it different from the accessory belt (one of the receipts mentions both).

2/ An engine oil cleaner has been used for some servicing, is this really necessary if oil has been replaced every 10-12 thousand kms?

3/ Injector cleaners, should we use them if we are always filling up on 98 unleaded?

Please let me know if i'm posting this in the wrong area.