Warranty Info..** URGENT**

Euge

Hey peps,

I know im not a newbie but its at the top of the forum.. and it needs to be known

For people who are looking at renewing their warranty for their treasured rides need to do so by the 31st of March regardless of when your 3 years is up.. something about the warranty company no longer looking after Renault.

Hope this helps some of you.

see you around

Euge

Eugene,

I just called.

It is true. I asked where this leaves future Renault owners, and she said they are hoping in the future to get another company.

You know what, RENAULT IS OUT OF AUSTRALIA SOON. I'm serious. I'm pissed off. Badly.

How can I get $2,000 in 3 days? SERIOUSLY?! Not only that, my car is only 2 years old and had numerous problems.

I'm really worried.

Renault should AGREE to fix all your problems for the next 2 years after warranty if you pay them $2,000. I know why the company pulled the plug - the reliability is sh*t.

I'm seriously fed up.

Does that mean we become the French born Aussie orphan? Lets see our second hand market...

Where can we purchase spare parts after Renault is withdrawn from Australia?

They haven't withdrawn.

I'm saying they will have to sooner or later... I mean, this isn't just enthusiasts that it is affecting - this is Scenic, Megane, Clio, Kangoo owners - EVERYONE.

It's a pathetic attempt. Aftersales service is already shocking, this just made it worse.

Hopefully Renault Headquarters in France open their eyes and buy local company so that we can get some better service, just like VW did in the 90s.

Straight form the horses mouth Renault Australia Support 1800009008 http://www.renault.com.au/docs/services/warranty.asp

All extended warranty policies will cease to be available to the public on the 31st March 2008. ALL existing new car warranties will be honoured by Renault Australia through the Renault dealer network. Renault Australia are currently negoitating an extended warranty deal and will make an announcement sometime in the future.

So if you have an existing new car warranty and/or an extended warranty policy, THIS will be honored. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PURCHASE an extended warranty from 31st March.

OzRS Admin Team.

Yeah, I'm way ahead of you guys. That'll teach you to ignore my posts, eh? :wink:

I just got off the phone with Renault Aus, and this is what they told me:

The dealer is correct. Renault's warranty extension is underwritten by a company whose agreement with RenAus expires March 31, 2008. They do not yet have a new plan for offering a new warranty, and don't expect to have one until the 3rd quarter 2008.

My warranty expires 6th September, by which time they do not expect to have the new plan in place.

I asked what affect, if any, my original purchase agreement would have where I was told I would have until the end of the original warranty to make up my mind.

She (dammit, I've not written down her name) assured me that the agreement was still in place, but (and here's the kicker) they will not have a new plan to offer me until after my warranty expires, so while they'll honour the agreement they won't have anything to sell and "if I don't renew by the end of march I'm basically hosed."

She agreed with my summary.

Relax Teki, far out.

They will get a new agreement with someone else. From the sounds of things they won't be able to do it soon enough...

Relax Teki, far out.

They will get a new agreement with someone else. From the sounds of things they won't be able to do it soon enough...

Well, look how long it took for the 197...

Seriously though, I can't understand why the negotiations with someone else didn't start earlier...

The warranty crisis (well, no one wants to take it on board) and previous increase from $990 to $2000 indicates that Reliability is shocking and it was costing them.

Way to go...

The warranty crisis (well, no one wants to take it on board) and

previous increase from $990 to $2000 indicates that Reliability is shocking and it was costing them.

Way to go...

Not entirely true mate, The insurance business has been raising its rates across the board

and for any relatively high risk insurance proposal, and I'd say insuring any model cars

for warranty work would be risky, especially an extended warranty.

One of the clubs I'm in has had regular insurance increases over the last 5 to 6 years.

We originally had a $400 3rd party policy, its now over $5000 a year with not one claim in 20 years

of operation. A doubling of insurance costs is pretty mild in my view compared to what many

clubs are having to suffer ie 100-200% increases every year. :(

Remember, Teki, Renault has had several false starts here in Australia. I even own one of them :lol: Parts and service are still available, even now. It won't be the end of the world if they pull out.

However, when they first broke back into the market this time, the question of their previous tries was raised by many people - Renault promised that they were "here to stay" this time. I, for one, want to trust in them a little longer....

Just had a bit of a chat with my service manager about the warranty thing. He says (as has already been confirmed) that if you have extended warranty nothing will change.

They have been told not to sell any new extended warranties until further notice. He did say they are looking at a new under writer for it at the moment.

He went on to say that Renault’s extended warranty was one of the best around as it was a continuation of the factory warranty. Unlike some of the others that are handled by a third party provider. For example with Chrysler, if they are working on a car that has extended warranty they need to ring to get authorisation to do repairs and most of the time a 1 hour job turns into a two day job as the warranty people don’t respond very quickly.

As for cost, they are all about $1500 to $2000.00 he said (they do Chrylser, Citroen, Nissan Dodge)

So it’s not all doom and gloom, if you have extended warranty your fine, if you don’t you will need to wait until they have a new deal set up with someone.

They are not planning a withdrawal from the Australian market, quite the opposite, he was telling me that they have started to tell the dealers about the new cars coming and what will be required to do for service etc … so looks like they are here for sometime yet.

No big deal. Can't see why they would pull the pin from a SA perspective. Adelaide is crawling with Renaults and we have but one dealer so they are doing very well indeed. The commercial range is everywhere as are Scenics. I am not worried being a long term Renault driver. Never been a problem for me. All my cars had their quirks like any car but the buggers went for ever. I like having a lesser owned car. Plus if everyone freaks out and the 2nd hand price drops to nuthin I clean up! :)

Chin up :)

at least im covered till oct 2012 (well in theory....i guess)

Yes - you have made an agreement (or the dealer has on your behalf) with the insurance company that offers that service.

The only thing I'd check is that you have the paperwork in order (and thump the desk at the dealership for a copy if you can't find yours!)

Teki's furore is only about not being able to purchase an extended warranty between now and whenever another one gets sorted - could be a month, could be a year.

Chances are, from my reading of the situation, the insurance co. has tried to jack up the premiums again and Renault has terminated the agreement.

$2000 is alot for extended warranty, i just extended my sisters 307cc warranty through the Peugeot dealership for $1300 for 3yr/160,000km warranty. Peugeot runs it thru MOTOR ONE insurance but it is dealer warranty.

Anyone who wants extended warranty without the Renault fuss may want to look into SWANN insurance, they will extend warranties for $1800ish and the car can be serviced anywhere and so can the warranty repairs which makes it easy.

Just for comparison - when I purch my 02 RSC in O6 the dealer asked me if I wanted to purchase a warranty through their aftermarket supplier. I thought 'why not' being an RSC could have had a hard life thus far. I negotiated 3 yrs for $900 which seems pretty good. Especially these days..that was 18 months ago..