New R26 owner - Sydney northern beaches

gdgordini

Hi All, at last I can join the throng now that I have got through the membership blockage. I have a lovely R26 F1 and am amazed with it. Had 4 MINI Cooper S variants before this so was looking for performance and handling.... got bucket loads of both :D Will be joining drives around the state and also intend doing BMW Mini Sprints as I have done with the S. Took it to the Burrough's Drive Day yesterday and had a ball. Got a lot of admirers too.

Hey mate, welcome to the forum don't forget to add your car to the register.

What color did you get and where did you get it from?

Interested in the BMW mini-sprints how do you get involved :wink:

Congrats on the purchase

its been a month since the last dirve so we should be getting something organised in the near future!

perhaps we could end up in McCarrs creek Rd and Acuna bay out your way! (that pizza place was decent last time guys!)

Thanks for the welcome... I got the Victory Yellow with the bling... from Crawfords.

As a member of ClubMINI NSW I got associate 'affiliated' membership to the BMW Drivers Club of NSW.. and into the Sprints that way. Not sure if I will continue through ClubMINI or just join the Beemers when my membership runs out.

You do need a CAMS licence and a crash helmet and fire extinguisher (securely fitted)... I can provide more details if you want but you can see the rest on the BMW Club site...

Look forward to meeting a few 'locals' soon.... there sure aren't a lot on daily drives around this area !

Glad to see you made it GD :D

Again, apologies on behalf of Admin for having overlooked your membership approval. I'm sure the OzRS "membership benefits" will be worth the wait! hehe

Welcome aboard 8)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words, I am over the moon with Regie, can't find a damned thing wrong with it (having sorted out the noise that came from the aircon compressor !)... had a ball driving around Victoria with ClubMINI (previous motors) ... also had a day out at Burrough's (o'Neill) Drive Day on 29th May... cool pix on the JPM website. Hope to catch up on a local drive soon. High spot of the 29th was getting waved on by a Ferrari.... then an Aston Martin !.... good for the ego or what !

Thanks for the kind words, I am over the moon with Regie, can't find a damned thing wrong with it (having sorted out the noise that came from the aircon compressor !)... had a ball driving around Victoria with ClubMINI (previous motors) ... also had a day out at Burrough's (o'Neill) Drive Day on 29th May... cool pix on the JPM website. Hope to catch up on a local drive soon. High spot of the 29th was getting waved on by a Ferrari.... then an Aston Martin !.... good for the ego or what !

great stuff mate, good to hear u got your problem sorted too :D

Haha great stuff, I managed to piss of a bunch of Lotus drivers at the nationals. I think it's a French thing, the little frog punches above it's weight.

Do hope you can make it to the KK run coming up, all the best mate glad your on the forum :P

Welcome gd! I believe you met my father (rob 240) at the Burroughs day :wink:

He was suitably impressed w/ the R26's showing 8)