It's sort of, almost, kinda like a Renault.....

d-fer

Hello all,

No I don't have a Clio or an R26 or even a senic. It's an 07 CTR. But what I do have is a passion for the hot hatch scene which of late has just exploded in Aust.

I was introduced to the site by Racingroo and as my first point of call I thought I should confess to my non ownership of a renault (not that I wasn't VERY interested in the R26 F1). When it comes down to it I am interested in all high po, high tech non mainstream cars.

So I'm here to learn as much about the Renaults as possible (and maybe I can share some insight into the CTR as well).

d-fer

Welcome.

The CTR has a lot of good things going for it, hope you're happy with your purchase. :)

I think you'll find that most people on this site are fans of great cars first and fans of RenaultSports second. It just so happens that RenaultSports are great cars. :D

I think you'll find this to be a very friendly and welcoming forum.

I hope. :wink:

I've got some quick snaps. I'll try to post them in the members rides section.

When you drive it you really have to make a conscience decision to run the second lobe, otherwise you find yourself changing up far too early. Mind you 5800 - 8000 goes so very quick.

Howdy - looking frwds to meeting you and the Civic this Sunday. I have riding 'shot gun' with me the SA Renault Dealer Service Manager...now that is prob another SA first for Ozrs!! Service Manager comes out on drive day..can only be good for the profile of the group..I hope :mrgreen:

There'll be a good selection or cars Sunday..the usual RS mob with an R26, 225 and a plague of RSC's, and a WRX or two. Maybe even a 205 gti...and the ghost of DanSA..black arm bands anyone? :roll:

Welcome mate :)

I saw a couple of CTR's at a JDM meet last friday and must admit they look heaps better in real life than what they do in the pics :D

speaking of which got any pics? :mrgreen:

and how does the VTEC feel YO!? :D ..........like this? :mrgreen:

vtec.jpg

Cheers,

Brendan

Did you take the Meggy to the JDM meet yo? I was at the last one & I'm def going to the next one 8)

• 2 weeks later...

Did you take the Meggy to the JDM meet yo? I was at the last one & I'm def going to the next one 8)

nah, i went with some liberty folks and drove my bro's subby :lol:

Dude can't belive you wimped out on bringing the meggy, need to represent bro 8)