That was close!

Dave@

I'm *so* glad I did a little research. I very nearly bought a (blood orange with stripes) car from a Sydney Dealer, and just found out a bit about its history. Perhaps he should change the rego at least!

Anyway, looking for a nice 182 cup (like half the rest of you by the sound of it!), so if anyone has an underloved beastie sitting around...

(Oh, and I wasn't going to pay anywhere near $32k for that car TYVM)

Hi mate

Welcome to the site :D

hehehe, i saw that orange cup still advertised on drive.com the other day :lol:

Hope u find something soon 8)

P.S there is always wade's red 172 (in the forsale section), which only has 30 000k's and is going for a steal of 18 500, if u can;t find a 182 :wink:

Cheers,

Brendan

Yeah, she's new up on Drive and the rest, and I must have started looking just after it got taken down last time. The rego was the give away, though there are a couple of nicks in the paint that are a little odd with that few K's. Shame, I took it for a spin around the block and knew I wanted a Cup. Oh well, more fish in the sea and all that (starts rumour about declining resale / imminent 197 cup / $5k off Megane 225 voucher). :wink:

Hi Dave@,

Welcome.... its a case of buyer beware now... given that you can't buy a new one, its more important than before to find out a car's history espcially from 2nd hand stealerships... If I was out for a ClioRs now, I'd have a good look at Wade's car..

Good luck in your search..

Welcome Dave,

Good work on not picking up the orange one 8)

If i was looking for a used RS, I'd certainly look at Wades too (as the others have all suggested) It's an absolute steal & with all that money you saved just chuck on some Eibachs + Koni Yellows & your're laughing (when you're on the a*** of a Cup through the twisties :mrgreen: )

But, if you're really after a 182 keep searching, something will come up!

Oh, where abouts in Syd are you? You should put it up in your profile 8)

Cheers,

Alex

Theres some really nice ones going in Melbourne, on carsales for as little at 25g with about 30k on there, might be worth it to make the trip down and check em all out and take one home.

good luck with ur searching

Cheers Hash

I'm *so* glad I did a little research. I very nearly bought a (blood orange with stripes) car from a Sydney Dealer, and just found out a bit about its history. Perhaps he should change the rego at least!

Anyway, looking for a nice 182 cup (like half the rest of you by the sound of it!), so if anyone has an underloved beastie sitting around...

(Oh, and I wasn't going to pay anywhere near $32k for that car TYVM)

What's the history behind the car?

What's the history behind the car?

http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/forum/vie ... highlight=

There's more in a recent link about the same car which made me dig through the archives.

The ones in Melbourne are sold, apart from what looks to be an F1. A mate just went down to buy a car and I was going to ask him to give a couple a once over while he was there. I think I'll hang on for the moment.

Edit: Spelling

Perhaps someone should have noted the VIN for that orange 182, as a warning for all others in future, just in case the rego is changed...

Yep.

It's a shame they had to ruin a blood orange one with there only being 15 of them :(

I had a dream (nightmare?) about that car last night - apparently a friend of my sister's, who does not exist in real life (?!), bought it.. and all I remember was how horrified I was..

hahaha 8)

I remember a good 4 - 5 months ago sending Teki a TXT message telling him about the great looking orange 182 cup F1 that was on car sales.

The reply I got within 2 minutes? "NO DONT TOUCH IT!! IT'S F*CKED, TRACKED AND RALLIED!!!". Wow hehehe looks like everyone knows about this car, and it's still on the market. Too bad for the owner that it's still for sale. He'll either have to sell it for a song, or do an insurance job.

I remember a good 4 - 5 months ago sending Teki a TXT message telling him about the great looking orange 182 cup F1 that was on car sales.

The reply I got within 2 minutes? "NO DONT TOUCH IT!! IT'S F*CKED, TRACKED AND RALLIED!!!". Wow hehehe looks like everyone knows about this car, and it's still on the market. Too bad for the owner that it's still for sale. He'll either have to sell it for a song, or do an insurance job.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think he's traded it in & it's now sitting at Damelians

Yep. I've got no objections to cars that have been around a track, provided there's some evidence that the driver knows what they're doing. Track work is hard on cars, but sloppy trackwork and rallying is harder.

And Ricky D's do have that car ATM.

Sounds like a GREAT car for Rick D to have, you know, considering their reputation for after sales service!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Ahem... guess which car now has a SOLD sign on it... :shock:

Poor B4stard will now pop up on the forums informing us of what a GREAT buy he just scored....

$31,990 for a Blood Orange 182 Cup with 16,000kms on it, Goodyear Eagle NCT 5s (all four, so NEW tyres after only 16,000kms... damn!) and also a resprayed front bumper (we noticed because a few of the 'black' parts were no longer black!)

Feel sorry for the guy who purchased this car :(

Poor B4stard will now pop up on the forums informing us of what a GREAT buy he just scored....

That would be embarassing :/ Maybe word should be put out not to card him.

Teki & I contemplated leaving a card in the glovebox (it was open) but we decided not to :?